Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmmeee

If that was the case - they’d have ducked out in 2014. Their exit is tied with them getting their money back - the only way they get that money back is selling a football club with assets

rhis was the exact conversation then

Not if they, like everyone on here, thought Wasps wasn’t sustainable.

I mean I’ve never seen what they’re holding on for but could kinda understand the arena.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not if they, like everyone on here, thought Wasps wasn’t sustainable.

I mean I’ve never seen what they’re holding on for but could kinda understand the arena.
They’ve spent roughly 30m they want that back.

they have a charge on the training ground. They’ll just hang around like a bad smell taking management fees and cutting costs. Then write it off as a tax loss

Alkhen

You said “not sure” - it’s a definite no on NEC. I don’t want SISU, but if they get hold of the Ricoh - there’s an exit for them. If the NEC take over we’re stuck with them forever.

SISU - Our owners will always be more preferable than the NEC owning the arena

Yes this.

Obviously everyones number one preference is for new a owner to come in and buy the club and stadium. Dreamland! Make the footbal club whole again and rid us of the bad feeling from the last 15 year.

BUT

Someone coming in and only buying thestadium would be way worse than Sisu getting control of everything.

Hedgefunds like Sisu have one aim, To make money. There is no emotion involved, They wont spend money on an off chance of success. They were more than happy keeping us ticking over until the opertunity to gain the stadium on favorable term arose. If they succeed in geting the stadium then they will see the potential to move us on to the next level so they can maximise their profits when they cash out. It has probably been their (badly executed) plan all along.

By far the worst case secenario in my view is a 3rd party getting hold of the lease.

A group like NEC may make the stadium side profitable again but CCFC would see little benifit. as tennants Sisu would be more dangerous if they felt their oppertunity to cash out had diminished.

shmmeee

they have a charge on the training ground. They’ll just hang around like a bad smell taking management fees and cutting costs. Then write it off as a tax loss

Why wouldn’t they do that with the stadium?

Maybe I just don’t see it as as key to our fortunes as some.

I think weirdly the best outcome might be Sisu sticking around in the background with new investment if no one buys the club along with the stadium.

slowpoke

Are you seriously suggesting that the owners of the club also owning the stadium would be bad for CCFC? Not with you.

If you want SISU here for the foreseeable, NEC ownership pretty much guarantees that.
No, of the four choices linked if I had to chose one it would be Dawkins and his American contacts and keep my fingers crossed.

wingy

Is the debt within the club and the subsequent split between the two a guide to the offer for the stadium?

Nick

Administrator
By far the worst case secenario in my view is a 3rd party getting hold of the lease.

A group like NEC may make the stadium side profitable again but CCFC would see little benifit. as tennants Sisu would be more dangerous if they felt their oppertunity to cash out had diminished.

I agree. See you in Walsall. ;)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Why wouldn’t they do that with the stadium?

Maybe I just don’t see it as as key to our fortunes as some.

I think weirdly the best outcome might be Sisu sticking around in the background with new investment if no one buys the club along with the stadium.
Nobody has invested in the last 8 years - what makes you think someone will invest in the club It they were still separated from the stadium?

ultimately it depends on what you think SISU are here for. I think they want their money back. I don’t think they intended to be here for 15 years

shmmeee

Nobody has invested in the last 8 years - what makes you think someone will invest in the club It they were still separated from the stadium?

ultimately it depends on what you think SISU are here for. I think they want their money back. I don’t think they intended to be here for 15 years

You misunderstand. I mean SaddleBrains’ rumour where someone buys the ground in exchange for 51% while Sisu retain 49%.

I think the possibility of Sisu getting their money back is long gone. It’ll take more than Joys current life expectancy at current rates.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You misunderstand. I mean SaddleBrains’ rumour where someone buys the ground in exchange for 51% while Sisu retain 49%.
Well that’s 2nd best option. SISU is third - my dispute was they would infinitely be better than NEC

the best option is a clean break whether it’s Dawkins not bullshitting or even Ashley

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think the possibility of Sisu getting their money back is long gone. It’ll take more than Joys current life expectancy at current rates.

Does the life expectancy equation factor in the guy who called into CWR saying: 'I'll strangle the bitch'.

shmmeee

Well that’s 2nd best option. SISU is third - my dispute was they would infinitely be better than NEC

the best option is a clean break whether it’s Dawkins not bullshitting or even Ashley

Maybe I’ve got Stockholm syndrome here, but I’d want any new owner to keep the club running as it is, just properly funded (if I’m being picky) Dawkins May well do that, I doubt Ashley would. Problem is Dawkins gives of distinct chancer vibes.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Maybe I’ve got Stockholm syndrome here, but I’d want any new owner to keep the club running as it is, just properly funded (if I’m being picky) Dawkins May well do that, I doubt Ashley would. Problem is Dawkins gives of distinct chancer vibes.
Well that’s what it comes down to doesn’t it - how Badly do you want SISU gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread