Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Philosopher

Well by 'they put in £4.5 million' obviously yes that means they got it from investors. But carrying on as they are, they are never, ever going to get the total investment back. Not even close.
….unless they reach the Prem
….get some really lucky transfers like £20m for Gyok (McBurnie was more and he’s useless) , £15m for whoever, this sell on, that Cup run (Look IDGAF that atm it’s pie in the sky, but I’m playing Devils Advocate)
….Get the CBS for very little (£15m might have been their fantasy) and revalue / sell the lot for £60m plus £15m and get out of jail. This was the plan from 8 years ago too but the numbers were different. They had to keep trying through the courts because they couldn’t afford not to.

The above, I believe, we’re SISU’s exit plans.

Selling for lots less - they cannot do.

The arena option looks to have fallen by the wayside.

Crystalising their loss isn’t an option I don’t think.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

….unless they reach the Prem
….get some really lucky transfers like £20m for Gyok (McBurnie was more and he’s useless) , £15m for whoever, this sell on, that Cup run (Look IDGAF that atm it’s pie in the sky, but I’m playing Devils Advocate)
….Get the CBS for very little (£15m might have been their fantasy) and revalue / sell the lot for £60m plus £15m and get out of jail. This was the plan from 8 years ago too but the numbers were different. They had to keep trying through the courts because they couldn’t afford not to.

The above, I believe, we’re SISU’s exit plans.

Selling for lots less - they cannot do.

The arena option looks to have fallen by the wayside.

Crystalising their loss isn’t an option I don’t think.
Isn’t CCFC part of an investment fund? Therefore not the only part of a particular fund.

wouldn’t it only be a loss if the entire fund was losing money?

The Philosopher

Isn’t CCFC part of an investment fund? Therefore not the only part of a particular fund.

wouldn’t it only be a loss if the entire fund was losing money?
Yes, but the point remains: if the total fund is £560m and CCFC is £60m, then (sell CCFC for and) get a return of £ 20m, the fund can only be valued at £500m with £20m in cash. £520m. It’s lost £40m. Investors won’t be happy. You can’t just make numbers up, there usually has to be substantive asset behind the assertion.

How they keep CCFC as an asset in a fund is beyond me, others on here will explain better but it’s a sketchy sounding arrangement at best. Are any other clubs part of a hedge fund?

Grendel

I don’t agree.

They are a hedge fund.

Definition:

A hedge fund is a limited partnership of private investors whose money is managed by professional fund managers who use a wide range of strategies, including leveraging or trading of non-traditional assets, to earn above-average investment returns.

——

So long as SISU shows its investors that the value of their investment increases then that’s all dandy.

The various “funds” show that the money in CCFC is earning £2m per year in interest. On paper. That’s the key. On paper.

It looks to me that on paper SISU have CCFC at £60m.

Sell for less and they have a problem.

no they have ccfc at far less than that

Theonlywayisskyblue

While I’m enjoying the filibustering and endless hypotheses I keep reminding myself that I’m a football fan and Sky Blue through and through and so I don’t look at this as a cold-hearted, emotionless business person would. If I did or if I could I might (but only might) be able to take an educated guess about where this is going. Neither Joy nor big Mike are in this for anything other than the potential financial upside. The answer always lies in following the cash - or in eating the blue bounties

OyJimmy

Remember one thing here. Interest rates are climbing. If Sisu has debt their interest payments are climbing in a tough economy. Now could be a good time to cut and run. Ashley will know that. He’ll hard ball them

slowpoke

Think we all have to be patient. The positive for me is it just might be sisu are on the back foot and perhaps soon be gone, I know we have been here before but this time I have a good feeling about it.

Bugsy

pipkin73

I guess those loses show up as debtors on SISUs accounts and so effectively an asset? Would that be why they’d manufacture “losses” and hang around, it inflates their balance sheet? Or have I got that all wrong…
That is how i read it, but i know nothing lol

Grendel

Ok.

Let’s have the deep dive - waiting.

Or a sarky, unconstructive comment like a 12 year old.

let’s see…..

Its been explained over and over again to you but oddly you just ignore it. Ccfc owner related debt is in that region

Still even a 12 year old wouldn’t claim wages to be £3 to £4 million would they

pipkin73

Loved Mars as a kid, think they are too bland now.
Caramel-based chocolates, oh yes, now feel too sweet.
Galaxy ripple, a flake without the crumble, oh yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread