Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brylowes

Because if (if) he wanted ground *and* club, he'd want to find out if he had any hope of getting club...
I don’t have to phone the pub to ask if they sell lager, before going to the pub to buy a lager.
a, He will know that his acquisition of the stadium means SISU will have to sell.
b, Stadium is still worth buying without CCFC anyway.
c, He holds all the cards, his only real concern atm will be getting the stadium deal tied up.
d, He is in that envious place where everyone involved dances to his tune.
d, It’s that place where having 4 billion on the hip puts you.

NorthernWisdom

He will know that his acquisition of the stadium means SISU will have to sell.
It doesn't

c, He holds all the cards, his only real concern atm will be getting the stadium deal tied up.
Well if he wants club *and* stadium he'd be a moron to do a deal on the offchance he may or may not get the club,
d, He is in that envious place where everyone involved dances to his tune.

They don't.

b, Stadium is still worth buying without CCFC anyway.

Correct

Brylowes

It doesn't

Well if he wants club *and* stadium he'd be a moron to do a deal on the offchance he may or may not get the club,

They don't.

Correct
It’s all about opinions NW and I always respect yours on here, since SISU arrived I have always been a glass half empty type of guy, it’s felt ‘for long periods’ that there was no hope and I never bought into any of the many false dawns we’ve been through.
I honestly believe this to be a complete game changer and ultimately the end of SISU at this club.

ceetee

If you want to buy CCFC you don't talk to CCFC you talk to the owners. Even if correct is a bit of an amateurish report

Brighton Sky Blue

Have I missed this transformation in Mike Ashley's career, where he suddenly spunks money about with total abandon, caring not where it came from and seeking only to bring goodwill on people, akin to Ebeneezer Scrooge after being visited by various ghosts?!?

He was willing to not take any money out of Derby for 10 years while putting in £50 million just for the takeover. Maybe he’s seen the light

NorthernWisdom

Let's expand it a bit more.

SISU have to sell - Why? They didn't have to sell when Wasps came along. Nor did they have to sell when going to Northampton, or even Birmingham. They have a lease for eight more years so, in effect, nothing changes for them unless they want it to.

Everyone dances to his tune - we can see that by the way he now owns Derby County...

He has loadsamoney, so can spend what he wants - there's a reason he has loadsamoney, and it's because he doesn't spunk it unnecessarily getting poor value for his purchases, such as that of Derby County...

SBT

Have I missed this transformation in Mike Ashley's career, where he suddenly spunks money about with total abandon, caring not where it came from and seeking only to bring goodwill on people, akin to Ebeneezer Scrooge after being visited by various ghosts?!?

The number of people excitedly tracking his helicopter in the hope that he's going to magically turn us into Newcastle overnight is tragic.

shmmeee

The number of people excitedly tracking his helicopter in the hope that he's going to magically turn us into Newcastle overnight is tragic.

No worse than those still convinced Sisu are the answer, or that Hoffman or Dawkins or whoever will show up. What’s tragic is the lack of support for our best manager in ages.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Let's expand it a bit more.

SISU have to sell - Why? They didn't have to sell when Wasps came along. Nor did they have to sell when going to Northampton, or even Birmingham. They have a lease for eight more years so, in effect, nothing changes for them unless they want it to.

Everyone dances to his tune - we can see that by the way he now owns Derby County...

He has loadsamoney, so can spend what he wants - there's a reason he has loadsamoney, and it's because he doesn't spunk it unnecessarily getting poor value for his purchases, such as that of Derby County...

Sisu don't have to sell to him. They can stick or twist with someone else even.

Ashley doesn't have to buy CCFC at all or could offer to buy at a time of his choosing.

They could even form a partnership of some kind without a change in ccfc ownership.

All options remain on the table. It's by no means certain yet Ashley will get the stadium but it looks likely

Owning the stadium will at least make smaller losses than the club could even be made profitable. It also creates a stronger negotiation base if at sometime sisu choose to cash in.

I would guess part of the attraction of buying ccfc for the sisu suitors was I suspect the possibility of stadium ownership. If Ashley successful in acquiring the stadium the attraction for others is less, unless they are prepared to fund the building of their own stadium.

One thing is certain neither Ashley nor sisu are doing for the love or benefit of CCFC.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Sisu don't have to sell to him. They can stick or twist with someone else even.

Ashley doesn't have to buy CCFC at all or could offer to buy at a time of his choosing.

They could even form a partnership of some kind without a change in ccfc ownership.

All options remain on the table. It's by no means certain yet Ashley will get the stadium but it looks likely

Owning the stadium will at least make smaller loses could even be made profitable. It also creates a stronger negotiation base if at sometime sisu choose to cash in.

I would guess part of the attraction of buying ccfc for the sisu suitors was I suspect the possibility of stadium ownership. If Ashley successful in acquiring the stadium the attraction for others is less, unless they are prepared to fund the building of their own stadium.

One thing is certain neither Ashley nor sisu are doing for the love or benefit of CCFC.

Which really isn't different from how it is at most clubs to be fair.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Which really isn't different from how it is at most clubs to be fair.

Probably not. I think right now we have got to be patient for a month or soand let it play out. The fans will have little no effect on what will happen. They certainly won't be the first to know.

slowpoke

No worse than those still convinced Sisu are the answer, or that Hoffman or Dawkins or whoever will show up. What’s tragic is the lack of support for our best manager in ages.
And the problem with Hoffman involvement is ? or Dawkins for that matter.

Brighton Sky Blue

Probably not. I think right now we have got to be patient for a month or soand let it play out. The fans will have little no effect on what will happen. They certainly won't be the first to know.

Agreed. For now there's two important league games then the World Cup to look forward to.

Pretty sure the stadium's new owner will be in place before Christmas, after that who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread