Wasps takeover bid could be agreed in private (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

You may be bothered and so may I but I suggest to you that many are not.

I know we have had many arguments on here but my guess is that we would probably not have many arguments if we met face to face as ultimately we both share the same common interest and have the same memories.

The Sixfields move was always going to create issues because of the unique situation but this is far more serious. Its a real problem as it means the club cannot be sold as its worthless at its homeless.

The argument sisu should match the offer is irrelevant to fans. Or at least it should be. Sisu are not the club the fans are.

I think a lot of people welcome this and I think this means a death knell for the club.

Its that serious.
Why should it be a death knell for the club? We don't know the details of the offer (if indeed there is an offer). It may well be that the "offer", includes the purchase of the club. Yes, I know it is pretty remote but we just don't know yet do we?

Grendel

From what I've heard you can't make an offer if you do not have the money????

Or if you do, do it through the back door.........
huge
Does he have the money or is it funded through a hedge fund? Wasps are not a viable concern at all. This all stinks to me.

Otis

Why should it be a death knell for the club? We don't know the details of the offer (if indeed there is an offer). It may well be that the "offer", includes the purchase of the club. Yes, I know it is pretty remote but we just don't know yet do we?

It's what I keep saying, and as the SBT statement quite rightly put, speculation, conjecture, rumour and guesswork at play here.

stupot07

Assume the worst, and hope for the best is my motto which has served me pretty well.

Wasps were losing around £11m per annum a couple of years ago, why would any owners on their right mind want to buy and fund the losses of another ailing sports club??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

skybluetony176

They are currently unable to as the Council have decreed the current bid is a private undisclosed bid.

That didn't last long.

Question. Who made the undisclosed bid that Wasps have based their bid on?

Answer. No one. They were able to behave like a real business and work out a valuation on their own.

So here's another question for you. What's stopping SIsu doing the same?

L

limoncello

Here we fucking go again. Battle lines are drawn. Tag-team 'liking'.

This is fucking wrong. I despair of some of you.

letsallsingtogether

You may be bothered and so may I but I suggest to you that many are not.

I know we have had many arguments on here but my guess is that we would probably not have many arguments if we met face to face as ultimately we both share the same common interest and have the same memories.

The Sixfields move was always going to create issues because of the unique situation but this is far more serious. Its a real problem as it means the club cannot be sold as its worthless at its homeless.

The argument sisu should match the offer is irrelevant to fans. Or at least it should be. Sisu are not the club the fans are.

I think a lot of people welcome this and I think this means a death knell for the club.

Its that serious.

You are right we would not have argued my not have agreed, but that has all been caused by our owners dividing the fans well they did a good job at that.

And when we need solidarity to face issues about our club all we do is fight amongst ourselves, for that Sisu can be forgiven.

I believe that the divide is too great, you yourself are venomously anti ACL I for one am venomously Anti Sisu that will not change, however I am willing to fight the fight to save our club no matter who it is against.

Shame others don't and didn't do the same.

letsallsingtogether

So is what he said not true then and by the way have plenty of friends from Leicester fuck me my wife is from there.
Ha ha leicester fan wumming again

And letsallsingtogether liking it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Wasps are not a viable concern at all. This all stinks to me.

If nothing else who thinks I'll take a club who only pull 6K based vaguely close to London and move them to Coventry where the local rugby team struggle to get an attendance in 4 figures? Doesn't seem a sound business move. Coventry doesn't strike me as a city champing at the bit for a higher level of rugby.

L

limoncello

Fuck me G of course we are bothered but everyone is expecting the usual suspects to do all the fighting again, come on we need a hand not just all this shit about nobody caring.
About time people got off their arses if they feel this strongly about it.

Fed up of having 20 on the hill 5 of us Ribboning every month and then coming on here and being ridiculed.

PEOPLE NEED TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED OR JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP and what will be will be.

Just because people don't agree with your method of protesting doesn't mean they don't agree with what you're protesting against. Hence a lot more people attending the rally than the hill. It's surely not that difficult to get your head around.

letsallsingtogether

Yes funny how they all turn up for one rally and then turn up for one game where are they all now????

Leave it to others slag them off send threats give no useful alternatives and then expect all to be ok!!

Just because people don't agree with your method of protesting doesn't mean they don't agree with what you're protesting against. Hence a lot more people attending the rally than the hill. It's surely not that difficult to get your head around.

stupot07

So is what he said not true then and by the way have plenty of friends from Leicester fuck me my wife is from there.

Did I say anything personal about people from leicester? No, I said he's a leicester fan wumming, and by his bloody name it looks like he's from Hinckley

stupot07

Ha ha leicester fan wumming again

Massive assumption that, not sure any Leicester fans in these parts give a flying about you any more.

If you're not on wum, what the hell was this yesterday?

So where were all you pious Coventrians when your city nicked a hockey franchise from Solihull. You embraced it and it became a top team?
Not a peep was there! Embrace Wasps as it is your only chance of having a top class team in any major sport for the rest of your lifetimes!

letsallsingtogether

Well you should have their still cunts :D
Did I say anything personal about people from leicester? No, I said he's a leicester fan wumming, and by his bloody name it looks like he's from Hinckley

Limey

Can someone remind me, as far as we know is the wasps owner heading the consortium or just one of the party? Is it possible that the mere fact he is known to be involved leading to the 'Wasps takeover' headlines?

Could he be part of a ccfc takeover with the added interest of getting some European wasps games into the mix at the Ricoh?

Sorry if this is old hat now.

Frisky blue

That didn't last long.

Question. Who made the undisclosed bid that Wasps have based their bid on?

Answer. No one. They were able to behave like a real business and work out a valuation on their own.

So here's another question for you. What's stopping SIsu doing the same?

Grendel believes that, ACL, CCC, HIggs Trust, anyone in fact,except sisu of course, are the barriers to Coventry City's future prosperity. Surely sisu can just make a bid, there is nothing stopping them is there?

Users who are viewing this thread