Wasps (1 Viewer)

Covfather

If anyone is interested :)

As someone who has pre-registered their interest in Wasps’ first game at the Ricoh Arena we would like to thank you by providing you with an exclusive ticket code to pre-purchase tickets before we go on public sale on Tuesday 21st October at 7.00pm.
Please visit www.eticketing.co.uk/wasps, select the Wasps vs London Irish fixture (21st December) at the bottom of the page and enter the promotion code 'newhome'.
PROMO CODE = 'NEWHOME'
If you would prefer not to receive further information regarding Wasps matches at the Ricoh Arena, please click the 'opt out' button below.
We look forward to welcoming you to Wasps’ new home in December.

Waits for f_off lol.

Sick Boy

Why is this on a Coventry City forum? I thought that as supporters we were staunchly anti-franchise?

Maybe the club should look into the possibility of relocating elsewhere in the country so that the club can escape from the shadow of Birmingham. After all, it's only business and could make financial sense.

NorthernWisdom

As someone who has pre-registered their interest in Wasps’ first game at the Ricoh Arena we would like to thank you by providing you with an exclusive ticket code to pre-purchase tickets before we go on public sale on Tuesday 21st October at 7.00pm.
Please visit www.eticketing.co.uk/wasps, select the Wasps vs London Irish fixture (21st December) at the bottom of the page and enter the promotion code 'newhome'.
PROMO CODE = 'NEWHOME'
If you would prefer not to receive further information regarding Wasps matches at the Ricoh Arena, please click the 'opt out' button below.

Waits for f_off lol.

Hmm, I just tried it with the promo code WANKOFF and it seemed to accept it...

Covfather

i'm not interested in rugby - think its a game for over hyped gayboys.. just posted to see the reaction.. hence im bored.

ccfc1234

Not bothered at all :mad: and will never go and watch a :censored: rugby match at the Ricoh unless England play there in some future world cup.

palmerd717

There wouldn't be much difference watching cov or the wasps at the Ricoh, both can't pass a ball forward if they tried!

FabianDebec

Im interest and know plenty of people who will be heading down with me. Iv never really had a rugby team to support so am taking this opportunity, granted there is already a team in cov but iv never been to a game so i feel no alygence to them. I love all sport so will always look for ways to watch and experience different kinds, iv supported ccfc since i got my first season ticket the year we signed Robbie Keane (age 8) but this mess is getting too much now. The footballs bad, the politics are worse, im really just looking for something to watch that isnt going to fill me with disappointment and this may be it.

Last edited:

Otis

PROMO CODE = 'NEWHOME'

Waits for f_off lol.

no_wasps.jpg

stupot07

7079178b3c8d1b3eebe84b0d7c2e3be9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mds

Im interest and know plenty of people who will be heading down with me. Iv never really had a rugby team to support so am taking this opportunity, granted there is already a team in cov but iv never been to a game so i feel no alygence to them. I love all sport so will always look for ways to watch and experience different kinds, iv supported ccfc since i got my first season ticket the year we signed Robbie Keane (age 8) but this mess is getting too much now. The footballs bad, the politics are worse, im really just looking for something to watch that isnt going to fill me with disappointment and this may be it.
Are you from Coventry, live in Coventry?

AndreasB

That is some fucking superb literacy. So you feel no allegiance to Cov Rugby because you have never been??...but you might go and see Wasps because you "love all sport" funny that.

Sbarcher

There wouldn't be much difference watching cov or the wasps at the Ricoh, both can't pass a ball forward if they tried!
Nice one Palmer, Think Sideways Sammy could do well on the rugby pitch.....

bigfatronssba

Cov Rugby must be rubbing their hands together if they look on here lately.

Seems the Wasps move has created thousands of new Crfc fans.

duffer

You've got a Rugby team to support - it's been there forever - Coventry RFC.

If what matters is glory, rather than following a local team, then why are you supporting CCFC?

If you're a CCFC fan, then the best thing that could happen to Wasps is that no one goes, and the whole thing folds. At that point there's an actual chance of CCFC getting an interest in the stadium - you know, the local team, from Coventry.

italiahorse

No allegiance to CovRFC (from Beduth) and did enjoy the Wasps game on TV the other night.
To be honest I could relate to Wasps as long as they don't become Coventry Wasps.

My daughter plays for Kerseley RFC so I do enjoy games at that level because of that. (Top of that league)

Will give the first game a go and see where it goes :)

Noggin

That is some fucking superb literacy. So you feel no allegiance to Cov Rugby because you have never been??...but you might go and see Wasps because you "love all sport" funny that.

It's not really that complicated, surprising or unique a viewpoint how many of us would describe ourselves as sports fans, enjoy watching different sports, have never bothered nore have any intention of watching the Coventry American football or basketball team (they exist right? I dont even know the names) yet would absolutely any chance we got see an NFL or NBA game if we were in the states? The same applies with the NHL though alot more of us have gone to see the Blaze as its still a reasonable level of sport, to me this is quite like the Blaze vs NHL. the blaze is a decent level of sport which was enough to attract many of us just like CRFC but it's not at all surprising that there are thousands of people who wouldn't bother going to see a 3rd tier Rugby game that would very much like to go to a top tier one.

Top 3 teams in league 1 (t3) rugby, Ealing trailfinders, Fylde and Rosslyn Park is it any wonder this isn't that attractive compared to watching Saints, Saracasans, Tigers etc? personally I have no ill feeling towards Wasps in the same way I had no ill feeling towards Northampton. It's Sisus fault the lot of it.

italiahorse

"The football club is a sideshow"

It doesn't have to be.
Look ahead to getting back in the PL and no one will care.

We need to get on board, make the best of it and enjoy the journey.
Just need to start winning games (football) and things will start to look a lot better.

Hobo

Coventry Blue and whites for me.

AndreasB

It's not really that complicated, surprising or unique a viewpoint how many of us would describe ourselves as sports fans, enjoy watching different sports, have never bothered nore have any intention of watching the Coventry American football or basketball team (they exist right? I dont even know the names) yet would absolutely any chance we got see an NFL or NBA game if we were in the states? The same applies with the NHL though alot more of us have gone to see the Blaze as its still a reasonable level of sport, to me this is quite like the Blaze vs NHL. the blaze is a decent level of sport which was enough to attract many of us just like CRFC but it's not at all surprising that there are thousands of people who wouldn't bother going to see a 3rd tier Rugby game that would very much like to go to a top tier one.

Top 3 teams in league 1 (t3) rugby, Ealing trailfinders, Fylde and Rosslyn Park is it any wonder this isn't that attractive compared to watching Saints, Saracasans, Tigers etc? personally I have no ill feeling towards Wasps in the same way I had no ill feeling towards Northampton. It's Sisus fault the lot of it.

You know what, I couldnt give a monkeys about you going to see Wasps.

What is laughable is the backsliding hypocrisy of your "position" - Wasps were shafted by their owners and our Council and you and Italia condone it with no sense of how ridiculous you look. When i think of all the shite you doled out last year to those who went to Sixfields - mainly as a "moral" objection.

You have lost any shred of credibility and will be called out for it on this forum every time you post and quite rightly so.

Noggin

You know what, I couldnt give a monkeys about you going to see Wasps.

What is laughable is the backsliding hypocrisy of your "position" - Wasps were shafted by their owners and our Council and you and Italia condone it with no sense of how ridiculous you look. When i think of all the shite you doled out last year to those who went to Sixfields - mainly as a "moral" objection.

You have lost any shred of credibility and will be called out for it on this forum every time you post and quite rightly so.

*hands AndreasB back his toys*

Where did that whiney outburst come from? I haven't said I'm going to watch wasps, nore do I plan to but for someone who doesn't give a monkeys that sure is alot of bleating.

There is no hypocrisy in my views at all. Nore was I someone who insulted those who attended Sixfields, though I would have prefered it if you hadn't. I did have a moral objection with moving our football club to northampton, not because I have a moral issue with franchise sport but because I have a moral issue with moving our football club to northampton, not for the good of the club but in order to try and destroy another business for the financial benefit of our evil owners.

We saw this same nonsense about hypocrisy when people went to watch MKdons in large numbers, it wasn't valid then either.

chiefdave

More importantly, £35 a ticket!!
That's not the way to build/increase a new fan base.

Equally the cheaper tickets are the same price as Cov RFC so you could go and see top level games for the same price as watching Cov at a lower level. I guess the equivalent of Man Utd deciding to play at the Ricoh and charging the same as us!

Hopefully the Cov fanbase is dedicated enough not to decide Wasps is better value and desert them.

rupert_bear

Well I hold the view that handled properly and with the right people at the helm this Wasp thing can benefit our football team in the long run, should they become an even more major player in RU than they are now, winning trophies attracting the world best players I believe someone, somewhere will grab the football nettle and get on the shirt tails of this. Instead of this continued bellyaching about Wasps being here if we really want a successful football club we should all be at the sisu throat to either change their policy on how they run this club or ship out. Wasps are sponsored or are about to be by JLR, historically a Coventry company, who are owned by tata so you never know where this could lead.

rupert_bear

Equally the cheaper tickets are the same price as Cov RFC so you could go and see top level games for the same price as watching Cov at a lower level. I guess the equivalent of Man Utd deciding to play at the Ricoh and charging the same as us!

Hopefully the Cov fanbase is dedicated enough not to decide Wasps is better value and desert them.
Don't think a lot on here realise how rugby works it it is totally different to soccer fan wise. Wasps won't impact one iota on the Cov RFC gates, they get about a 1000 and will continue to do so even if Wasps win the league and cups for the next 10 years same as the attendances won't change at Broad Street, Barkers' Butts, Trinity Guild or any other
, as for tickets prices £35 if that's the cost wouldn't dent the average rugby fans wallet, they are mainly from a different side of the fence than the average football fan.

Users who are viewing this thread