We miss you Fadz (2 Viewers)

alexccfc99

Easy to say in hindsight we should have kept him

You don't forsee some of the luck with injuries we have had

stupot07

He was subbed off yesterday at half time, 2-0 down against Swansea. Skinned by Paterson for their second.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Otis

Rose-tinted thinking

He will always play at 100% and put his body on the line and throw himself to block tackles etc. Born leader.

But, he's not the player he was and is now beaten by pace constantly.

Could he have still done a job here? Yes, but the frailties were beginning to show. It's great he's doing well elsewhere, but he just isn't the same player of yesteryear

We did the right thing. Maybe just the timing that was a bit off.

skyblue_55

It was a massive snub from Robins, when he didn’t play against Oxford in the cup .
It was already a given , that others were ahead of him this season, but to not have a chance at home, to say a big “ thank you “ to a born leader & great servant of our club , I thought was poor .
The replacements haven’t yet got to his standards , with panic clearances , instead of the Mcfadz chest down & play option .
Thankfully, he is still in the championship & we will have to wait until Rovers away to give him one last rendition of his song 👍

Flying Fokker

It was a massive snub from Robins, when he didn’t play against Oxford in the cup .
It was already a given , that others were ahead of him this season, but to not have a chance at home, to say a big “ thank you “ to a born leader & great servant of our club , I thought was poor .
The replacements haven’t yet got to his standards , with panic clearances , instead of the Mcfadz chest down & play option .
Thankfully, he is still in the championship & we will have to wait until Rovers away to give him one last rendition of his song 👍
Could Robins have had conversations way before Oxford game?

stupot07

Could Robins have had conversations way before Oxford game?
Yeah this is the most likely, and Fadz wanted game time, and at the point we were playing 4231 and he wasn't going to get much off it. They probably didn't want him to be cup tied more for Fadz rather than the club.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

hamertime

Easy to say in hindsight we should have kept him

You don't forsee some of the luck with injuries we have had
No it’s not, we know how long a season it is in the champ and it was a catastrophic error to let someone of his standing in the club go.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why did Fadz actually leave ? I still don't know. I remember he had a family bereavement and had a bit of time off, understandably. Then was he also carrying an injury ?
Suddenly he was gone .
He was a man's man . A true leader. Somewhat industrial, no nonsense who could wind up the opposition and cause endless arguments at corners with the opposition and the ref.
Then it just ended.
If anyone deserved a lap of honour it was Fadz.

alexccfc99

No it’s not, we know how long a season it is in the champ and it was a catastrophic error to let someone of his standing in the club go.
Probably the only position we are well stocked is centre half

No one forsees Jamie Allen getting leathered in the face, Sakamoto being levelled and suffering a catastrophic injury in the process, both in innocuous off the ball incidents and us having to change shape again

Fadz wasn't playing, his route to the first team was being blocked and he wanted to go and play as he doesn't have long left of his career - it is not hard to grasp

hamertime

Why did Fadz actually leave ? I still don't know. I remember he had a family bereavement and had a bit of time off, understandably. Then was he also carrying an injury ?
Suddenly he was gone .
He was a man's man . A true leader. Somewhat industrial, no nonsense who could wind up the opposition and cause endless arguments at corners with the opposition and the ref.
Then it just ended.
If anyone deserved a lap of honour it was Fadz.
He probably asked to go for game time. Robins probably let him out of respect but there should be no sentiment. He should have been told no and he would have just cracked on.

hamertime

Probably the only position we are well stocked is centre half

No one forsees Jamie Allen getting leathered in the face, Sakamoto being levelled and suffering a catastrophic injury in the process, both in innocuous off the ball incidents and us having to change shape again

Fadz wasn't playing, his route to the first team was being blocked and he wanted to go and play as he doesn't have long left of his career - it is not hard to grasp
That isn’t the most important thing, it’s his leadership ability. In the games we were getting battered physically he wouldn’t have had that and would have dished it back out. He would have lifted the team when the going gets tough. We have no one like him.

alexccfc99

That isn’t the most important thing, it’s his leadership ability. In the games we were getting battered physically he wouldn’t have had that and would have dished it back out. He would have lifted the team when the going gets tough. We have no one like him.
That is all well and good, but he wanted to go - not sit around and be a cheerleader

Flying Fokker

We learn as we go. I hope we have some depth in the squad next season. I guess we did the right thing keeping O’Hare?

hamertime

We learn as we go. I hope we have some depth in the squad next season. I guess we did the right thing keeping O’Hare?
Keeping Ohare was the right thing to do if you were adding to the squad and having a go. You only keep him if you’re having a go, we haven’t as we signed no one in January for this season. Ohare looks half arsed now as he knows we can’t get promoted so he will probably coast till the end of the season.

itsabuzzard

Keeping Ohare was the right thing to do if you were adding to the squad and having a go. You only keep him if you’re having a go, we haven’t as we signed no one in January for this season. Ohare looks half arsed now as he knows we can’t get promoted so he will probably coast till the end of the season.
I know it would be quite something if we did get promoted this season, but to say we can't get promoted is plain wrong.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yes. If anything has become obvious since he left it's this . We haven't got anyone with the character and physicality to dish it out when necessary. As a result we are not as strong a unit defensively .

Hobo

Agreed, I wonder if we’d have lost 3-0 vs Preston.
Well we don't know if he would have made the team.

How many did we lose by to Stoke last year? He wasn't invincible.

He has been a great servant to the club, one of our best signings. But his form hadn't been great for us this season. It was time to move on.

alexccfc99

"Forsee"

Don't remember a season when we DON'T have an injury crisis. 🤔
Last season

Other than the COH debacle we got pretty lucky with injuries - How many games did Hamer or Vik miss through injury throughout their time here?

Vik played pretty much every game over two seasons and Hamer when he wasn’t getting himself suspended was rarely injured

jmorr

In my opinion, we are not missing Fadz at all. He is now too slow and prone to mistakes and lapses in concentration. We are a better defensive unit without him. That doesn’t mean our present players aren’t messing up though.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

In my opinion, we are not missing Fadz at all. He is now too slow and prone to mistakes and lapses in concentration. We are a better defensive unit without him. That doesn’t mean our present players aren’t messing up though.
Since when is he too slow etc ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Users who are viewing this thread