We must go back to 4-4-2 (1 Viewer)

blueboy30

Surely after today's totally inept performance we must switch back to 4-4-2 we've got wingers we must use them.i feel the 3-5-2 was workin early doors this season we've been found out big time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Surely after today's totally inept performance we must switch back to 4-4-2 we've got wingers we must use them.i feel the 3-5-2 was workin early doors this season we've been found out big time

what wingers do we have ?

I've said for a while we don't suit the 5-3-2. Its not a very attacking formation and if you're only gonna have 2 wide players, they need to be good attackers. Haynes is great going forward, but sometimes he needs a little help. Clarke isn't good enough going forward and doesn't push up very often anyway. Also, i dont think Swanson suits playing in the centre. Its too congested for him. He hasnt got enough space to play his game. And i also think we could see O'Brien truly flourish out wide too. 4-4-2 is our best option

The Lurker

what wingers do we have ?

That's the problem. SP has this plan of 5-3-2 and nothing as back up. We have about 7 central midfielders and one winger! Only solution for me is Pugh and fella from b'mouth on wing and have Haynes and Clarke as full backs

blueboy30

I've said for a while we don't suit the 5-3-2. Its not a very attacking formation and if you're only gonna have 2 wide players, they need to be good attackers. Haynes is great going forward, but sometimes he needs a little help. Clarke isn't good enough going forward and doesn't push up very often anyway. Also, i dont think Swanson suits playing in the centre. Its too congested for him. He hasnt got enough space to play his game. And i also think we could see O'Brien truly flourish out wide too. 4-4-2 is our best option

Couldn't agree more we could do with gettin a hard man midfielder in and I think the lad from Bournemouth shud be out wide as o Brian should be then you cud have Swanson from bench they could get more crosses in for nouble the midfield at present is also overrun and over powered at times at the minute

stupot07

We need to try something different, but I would be very worried about a central midfield 2 of fleck and o'brien/Thomas.

blueboy30

We need to try something different, but I would be very worried about a central midfield 2 of fleck and o'brien/Thomas.

Could not believe sp did not get a midfielder in after missin out on the Brentford lad need a decent tackler in their cus they got fuckin bossed today

stupot07

Could not believe sp did not get a midfielder in after missin out on the Brentford lad need a decent tackler in their cus they got fuckin bossed today

Definitely, and as good as fleck can be on the ball, he and Thomas were not great defensively, and didn't adequately protect the back four last season.

dongonzalos

What would your line be in the 442 model?

cov1987

I new after the Bradford game this formation won't suit us it holds us back moving forward. You could see today going forward there was no options no width over the years we have always played 4-4-2 and always had ago at teams especially at home, today I don't think we had a shot on target that says it all, pressley you have got to change it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Needs to be changed, not sure 442 is the answer either.

If we go to a flat back 4 I think we need a genuine holding midfielder in the 'makelele' role which I don't think we have.

4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or the diamond could be viable formations.

Users who are viewing this thread