We NEED to appeal that. (3 Viewers)

Nuskyblue

It was shit, Haji gained nothing from whatever marginal millimetre he was ahead as AWB was running back and Haji was side on.

I honestly don't know why they don't say there has to be clear daylight between last man and striker for offside. Any part is level it's on side. Make it the same rules as when a ball is checked to see if it has crossed the line... the whole of the ball has to be over the whole of the line. The whole of the man is passed the whole of the defender. Would clear stuff up surely? At the very least it would mean more goals. Football is an entertainment why are they hell-bent on stubbing out goals for bullshit like today
Not even clear daylight, just obviously offside would do. You can tell if someone is definitely off instantly. No need for the protractor and slide rule to come out.

MalcSB

BbGuy's were angry, I get it. I'm angry. But this conspiracy about ruling it out as it doesn't give the bbc what they want simple can't be true.

If it were, VAR would have ruled out our 90th min handball pen decision wouldn't it?
On what basis could the handball have been ruled out? Ball clearly struck the arm being held away from the body and direction of travel changed.

djr8369

Yep wasn’t clear and obvious is bang on
He’s technically off there’s no conspiracy but it’s just a wrong headed decision to rule it out
I think it’s too close to say he’s off. The frame rate and resolution of the images used isn’t good enough to be as accurate as it needs so they need to either say too close to call, advantage attacker, or change it back to being daylight so there’s an obvious advantage, there the spirit of the rule after all.

rylee

Nah. The world thinks we've won.

Nothing to gain from proving it

How do you Gauge there is nothing to prove from it? A potential rematch? I’m not saying it is at all likely, but when it is absolutely clear and obvious that there is a line drawn over Wan-Bissaka’s boot
We know we won and that’s how we will be remembered. Better than being remembered for being humiliated in the Final

Exactly that

Do we really want the final game of our season to be a hammering by Man City?

Why the pessimism? You’re basically forfeiting the game. Absolute shithouse attitude tbh and anybody with an attitude like that doesn’t need to be around our support in my eyes. People like yourselves are the ones who leave when we’re 2/3-0 down, piss off for a pint 10 mins early. Defeatist attitude gets you NOWHERE in life.

End of the day, we have a major case here. Forest are doing it for far less, so why the fuck shouldn’t we?

bigfatronssba

How do you Gauge there is nothing to prove from it? A potential rematch? I’m not saying it is at all likely, but when it is absolutely clear and obvious that there is a line drawn over Wan-Bissaka’s boot

Why the pessimism? You’re basically forfeiting the game. Absolute shithouse attitude tbh and anybody with an attitude like that doesn’t need to be around our support in my eyes. People like yourselves are the ones who leave when we’re 2/3-0 down, piss off for a pint 10 mins early. Defeatist attitude gets you NOWHERE in life.

End of the day, we have a major case here. Forest are doing it for far less, so why the fuck shouldn’t we?

Because we're better than that.

Have you seen Robins' post match press conference? Made a joke of it rather than being a child looking for someone to blame.

As I've said on another topic, we were the premier league team in all but name

HadjiChippo

If that image isn’t edited, and it was drawn over Wan Bissaka’s foot, that’s a horrendous error. It’s basically the margins that make Hajis toe offside. Disgusting.

But if they told Liverpool to shut up and move on over the offside that wasn’t, there’s no chance anything gets done about that, especially given it was against Man Utd.

rylee

Because we're better than that.

Have you seen Robins' post match press conference? Made a joke of it rather than being a child looking for someone to blame.

As I've said on another topic, we were the premier league team in all but name

Better than what? Making a valid complaint? I’ve not seen the press conference no, but my friend who did mentioned he didn’t make a lot of it. I’m sure if he or anybody else sees that line drawn over the foot they will be absolutely livid and have every right to complain.

David O'Day

It's an awful decision but if you are not on a WUM there is no chance that the game gets replayed.

If it does in this fantasy land we probably get smashed.

MTK

I don’t think it was a clear and obvious error that needed correction and there are issues with the people and process that implement the VAR technology that need addressing. I don’t think we should appeal though. We were the moral victors yesterday. Everyone knows it. Everyone saw what a real football club looks like yesterday - its players, staff, owner (I loved Doug’s instinctive and un-corporate fist pumping when the camera switched to him on screen in the stadium yesterday), and of course we amazing fans. That rendition of WLADITT befor kick off. I had goosebumps. We had to help United fans sing theirs! Passion, determination, love, pride, skill, resilience, spirit, togetherness and grace and reflection in defeat. My over riding emotion this morning is pride that I was in the west end of Wembley. Play Up Sky Blues forever 🩵

bigfatronssba

Better than what? Making a valid complaint? I’ve not seen the press conference no, but my friend who did mentioned he didn’t make a lot of it. I’m sure if he or anybody else sees that line drawn over the foot they will be absolutely livid and have every right to complain.

I'm not saying we shouldn't complain, just that we won't gain anything as a club.

Robins very rarely blames the officials, and that is one of the reasons I like him so much. You can always find an excuse as to why games are lost, and referee decisions are an easy target for poor managers

SkyBlue_Bear83

I've managed to convince myself it was marginal offside after lots of screenshots and drawing my own lines on the pitch using an image editor
I have to as I don't think I can live with the knowledge we were robbed of the most epic come back in football history.

Boicey

It would be best is a group of clubs got together with some technical experts at a university or like and collectively put in a case for revising var use due to margins of error and lack of clarity in its use.

David O'Day

It would be best is a group of clubs got together with some technical experts at a university or like and collectively put in a case for revising var use due to margins of error and lack of clarity in its use.
VAR is going to be different next year for offsides, they are moving to the semi automated UEFA system and doing away with the drawing of lines system they use now.

Last edited:

larry_david

Don’t watch it from the reserve angle…..

How good is it watching the man Utd players collapse knowing they'd just lost the game though...

And how utterly devastating is it knowing we're now out.

As Bear above says, not only are we out of the final but we've been robbed of the great FA cup come back in HISTORY. For years and years, decades we'd be talked about in all great FA cup tales...

And I guarantee after today no one will ever talk of it again other than Cov fans. That is what is really sad.

Otis

It's an awful decision but if you are not on a WUM there is no chance that the game gets replayed.

If it does in this fantasy land we probably get smashed.
Yeah. An appeal is pointless I feel. We can complain though. I think the authorities do need to be aware of any grievance.

Zero chance of a replay of the game though

Mucca Mad Boys

VAR is going to be different next year for offsides, they are moving to the semi automated UEFA system and doing away with the drawing of lines system they use now.
Maybe next year we’ll have our justice against Man U…

How can the powers that be not see the ridiculousness of drawing silly lines on blurry photos to establish an offside or not?!

Football lost yesterday. One of its greatest moments erased from the history books by some person looking at a monitor miles away from the stadium.

Great_Expectations

Appeal is pointless but something should be raised.

It’s an absolutely horrendous decision however you look at it. Manual lines being drawn and perfectly timed for when it leaves the players foot?

It’s bullshit and we were screwed by it yesterday. As a general rule I find conspiratorial stuff laughable, but the more images and information you read, the more it seems odd.

Sky Blue Wozza

I don’t think it was a clear and obvious error that needed correction and there are issues with the people and process that implement the VAR technology that need addressing. I don’t think we should appeal though. We were the moral victors yesterday. Everyone knows it. Everyone saw what a real football club looks like yesterday - its players, staff, owner (I loved Doug’s instinctive and un-corporate fist pumping when the camera switched to him on screen in the stadium yesterday), and of course we amazing fans. That rendition of WLADITT befor kick off. I had goosebumps. We had to help United fans sing theirs! Passion, determination, love, pride, skill, resilience, spirit, togetherness and grace and reflection in defeat. My over riding emotion this morning is pride that I was in the west end of Wembley. Play Up Sky Blues forever 🩵
Love this

skyblue_55

Wow ….. what a come back & our feeling of complete devastation on being so close to something we fully deserved!
Man U players on the floor , a defeated bunch , them knowing that they had blew it , only for the gods to shine on them from somewhere……. God knows where .
I don’t think anything could or would be changed , as Man U are a global brand & ultimately, we are not ( at this present time ) .
Christ we are so proud of this team & so glad that we are going in the right direction.
Onwards & upwards skyblues
CTID

Mucca Mad Boys

Prefacing this by saying I’m not religious… The rendition of WLADITT before KO felt like a genuine religious experience. It was special.

David O'Day

Appeal is pointless but something should be raised.

It’s an absolutely horrendous decision however you look at it. Manual lines being drawn and perfectly timed for when it leaves the players foot?

It’s bullshit and we were screwed by it yesterday. As a general rule I find conspiratorial stuff laughable, but the more images and information you read, the more it seems odd.
that system isn't going to be used from next season

Skyblueweeman

I'd say there's no point in complaining as nothing will be done about it. They're certainly not going to replay the match or award us the match or anything.

That said, the system is obviously shite. I've just seen the Nottingham Forest decisions from yesterday and the statement they've released. They've also got good reason to complain.

Like I said, nothing will be done to the betterment of our position. But if no one complains, nothing changes and the whole thing needs to be reviewed.

spwaverley4916

I’m gonna ring Talksport too. If anybody can provide me a rational explanation as to why the line was painted over Wan-Bissaka’s toe (where you can even see the end of the boot going into the red/pink) then please provide details. If I wasn’t in another country I would be leading the way to FA headquarters/PGMOL.
No expert but surely the blue line has to be drawn across the defenders boot, with the tip mm short of the red . then the attackers boot, if in an offside position, would appear on the red section. ?????

Calista

No expert but surely the blue line has to be drawn across the defenders boot, with the tip mm short of the red . then the attackers boot, if in an offside position, would appear on the red section. ?????
You have a fair point there, and it would make sense if the goalward side of the blue line is the furthest point of the defender, whilst the non-goalward side of the red line is the furthest point of the attacker. Can anyone verify this?

I actually hope you're right, because it would take away a little bit of the sense of injustice.

Houdi

What I have never understood why football doesn't use the cricket system which works perfectly well, is clear and understood and is rarely controversial. If a LBW is appealed by the batsman or the bowling side, the process is clear and accepted by both sides. If the ball is clearly hitting the stumps it is out and if the umpire got it wrong the decision is overturned. And if the original decision is out and the ball is clearly missing then again the umpires decision is overturned. However if the decision is clearly marginal, it's called umpires call, and they stick with the original umpire (referees) decision.
In yesterday's case a quick VAR check would have shown, it was too close to be certain either way, so you stick with the original referee's decision. If they had ruled it offside, then so be it, then it would have stayed offside. It's quicker everybody knows what the decision are based on , and i think people would prefer the decision to be mainly based on the actual matchday officials.

Happy_Martian

I don't buy it as a conspiracy as such, but if the roles were reversed do they disallow it? No way.

Decision was not pre-meditated but by your own statement, they chose to prevent Coventry progressing before the lottery of penalties. When VAR could not intervene.

In other words, a "dodgy as feck" decision.

Users who are viewing this thread