We should start planning a Phoenix club... (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

What happens come mid June when we have to confirm a playing venue and provide a budget??

ccfcway

simply bored of it all

the passion is dying every day...

Its like when an old relative get ill and they slowly become unrecognisable to what you remembered and unconditionally loved

Tonylinc

simply bored of it all

the passion is dying every day...

Its like when an old relative get ill and they slowly become unrecognisable to what you remembered and unconditionally loved
Come on, it is a fight worth fighting, stick with it mate.

Grendel

What about a bottom of the non-league pyramid club in a 32K all seater stadium? A bit more pricey, I would have thought.

It's fantasy.

It's completely embarrassing -- we can't get fans to watch professionals -- the majority who say its great never go anyway.

mark82

First thing to do would be to discuss options with Supporters Direct. Think they helped a number of other clubs "start up". I know some will always be against this. That is fine, everyone is entitled to their own view. It may work out that what would be left of the Phoenix club in 10 years is a small non league club with a few hundred followers, but their is not necessarily anything wrong with that - it will serve its purpose of being there for anyone that is still disillusioned with CCFC in their current guise.

mark82

It's completely embarrassing -- we can't get fans to watch professionals -- the majority who say its great never go anyway.

Mainly because they are disillusioned with the club. A fresh start would maybe bring a lot of those back. Particularly when the prices will be a lot lower.

Grendel

Mainly because they are disillusioned with the club. A fresh start would maybe bring a lot of those back. Particularly when the prices will be a lot lower.

No it wouldn't. There have been many cut priced initiatives in the Championship. Once against Swansea early in a season we were 4th and the crowd was poor. The game before Chelsea against Sheffield Utd we were close to top 6 and again the crowd was poor. I will pay to watch professional football but a game at the Ricoh against Tiverton Town? Get real.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No it wouldn't. There have been many cut priced initiatives in the Championship. Once against Swansea early in a season we were 4th and the crowd was poor. The game before Chelsea against Sheffield Utd we were close to top 6 and again the crowd was poor. I will pay to watch professional football but a game at the Ricoh against Tiverton Town? Get real.

The way we're going thats ahu we'll be playing anyway

mark82

That's fine, it's your choice and I respect that. Others would though. No one is thinking we would get 32,000. And it shoul definitely not be plan A, but a plan B needs to be ready if needed.

Grendel

BurbageSkyBlues

So, Grendel, what is your proposal?

I have yet to see anything constructive from you, only demeaning comments ridiculing the ideas of others.

Tonylinc

No it isn't. In 50 years we have had one season in this League, many much bigger clubs have had far far more.
Let me get this right......You think that we would be better off sticking with the Sisu model ie. CCFC playing anywhere but within Coventry?

mark82

He's right. Don't think the club would drop that low unless it was liquidated. Just wouldn't happen.

Grendel

Let me get this right......You think that we would be better off sticking with the Sisu model ie. CCFC playing anywhere but within Coventry?

No but sisu will not be here for ever and we will not be outside Coventry next season.

Others have had dreadful owners. Wolves and the Bhati brothers, Southampton with Rupert Lowe, Blackburn and Portsmouth in similar times.

The notion that you have to drop 9 leagues to better yourselves is folly. Wolves crashed to the 4th tier and recovered. Would you have rather started new if you were them? The hypothesis is nonsensical.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's only something to consider if the current club is wound up and ceases to be. Let's emphasise here that SISU have an obligation to secure as big a return for the investors as possible. It is in their interests to sell to the highest bidder than to liquidate and dish out nothing.

shy_tall_knight

No it isn't. In 50 years we have had one season in this League, many much bigger clubs have had far far more.

1 year in the last 50 in the third tier sounds ok but if you plot a graph of our league standing in the last 6 seasons under Shitsu there is a clear downward trend. Our next few years will be in this division or lower. What is the alternative stick with Sisu as they don't have our best interests at heart. They will allow the club to bump along at the bottom whilst the haggle with ACL the Council. Crowds will be down next year. What's your suggestion just accept it and back the club ?

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread