Well done boys (1 Viewer)

wolfie

Well done lads, in a crap week you done us proud.

SBS

Fair play to Dickinson, had a great game. No nonsense player, which is something we've lacked at times. I can't remember who it was, but someone on here was claiming Cameron's career was going downhill. I hope they were there today. Respect to the Crayolas as well!

Jarvo

I thought they would win today. It's like proving yourself and ability after being walked out on. I'm not sure Carsley would have made any difference for this game, the next couple of games will be interesting.

ricohman

Yes well done lads for making sure this week didnt get any worse. I didnt see the match but got Txt alerts and i read in the 1st 7mins we scored, hit the post and had one saved off the line so nice to see they came out strong. Says alot about the players and carsley

Stevearcade

Amen to that! Nice one lads. Doing us proud. Keep up the good work.

On Robins' departure the official club statement was not to panic. That with the appointment of Robins many measures and new practices were put in place behind the scenes to help the club move forward on the pitch, and that even without Robins, these measures are still in place. Let's hope this is the result of this. That even without Robins at the helm, we are a strong side who play decent football and still have the playoff on the horizon as our end game for this season. I'm very relieved with this win. It's put a smile on my face after what has been a crap week of CCFC news and I also had a proper poo week at work, so in all, a nice to way to end things off.

Thanks again lads.

dadgad

Well said and well done City!! :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:
It is also true that some of the professionalism that MR brought to the club should remain until mid March at least.:p:p:p

Gint11

Cracking result. Could have easily been downhearted with Robins going etc etc but ground out a great result. playoffs and TITLE lol still on I say, only 9 points to catch. Do you know what? Lets see what Carsley does, this could be his chance.

ricohman

Its pretty dire that a thread to do with us winning has a lack of activity, when all the dire bullshit is getting all the attention. Says it all really

Mucca Mad Boys

Fair play to Dickinson, had a great game. No nonsense player, which is something we've lacked at times. I can't remember who it was, but someone on here was claiming Cameron's career was going downhill. I hope they were there today. Respect to the Crayolas as well!

It was Grendel, he didn't say, or my interpretation of what he said, his career was going downhill as such, he said if anything, his career is going down hill in retaliation to someone saying his career is going uphill, in which he had a valid as well as a cynical point.

Crayolas was great fun, I couldn't sing some of the songs at first, I was pissing myself laughing!

SBS

Its pretty dire that a thread to do with us winning has a lack of activity, when all the dire bullshit is getting all the attention. Says it all really

I agree with what you're saying. Unfortunately, it's understandable. A great performance, no matter what happens off the pitch, we can be proud of what the players have done after a shocking start.

BurbageSkyBlues

They showed spirit today, well done. Hopefully, we can use MRs departure as a motivational positive, rather than being down about it...get up and fight for it!

MR has left us a legacy - better football, and better mental strength. Lets use them both for the rest of the season.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Any bunch of players can play a game like that but it takes a real TEAM to pull thru this shit and win like that. Couldnt be prouder. Play Up Sky Blues!

Mucca Mad Boys

That's the way it is unfortunately, everyone loves to moan.

Also, we are expected to do well this season so when you achieve the expected it's a 'well done', nothing more really.

SBS

It was Grendel, he didn't say, or my interpretation of what he said, his career was going downhill as such, he said if anything, his career is going down hill in retaliation to someone saying his career is going uphill, in which he had a valid as well as a cynical point.

Crayolas was great fun, I couldn't sing some of the songs at first, I was pissing myself laughing!

It was me he said it to. I wasnt saying he was going uphill, just that he deserved a chance and he'd shown potential but was not the finished article. He argued that because he's played less games each season and we signed three defenders over summer that he was going downhill. I'm still not arguing that he's some world beater, I just wish people would stop writing off our young players, who are still learning.

Mucca Mad Boys

It was me he said it to. I wasnt saying he was going uphill, just that he deserved a chance and he'd shown potential but was not the finished article. He argued that because he's played less games each season and we signed three defenders over summer that he was going downhill. I'm still not arguing that he's some world beater, I just wish people would stop writing off our young players, who are still learning.

I can't remember the exchange fully, I can just remember the (somewhat excessively) cynical opinion.

I agree with you, I've been criticising Edj for quite some time, some agree, some don't, that's the way it is in a pluralist society, so I was very happy to see Cameron play well, not only because it vindicates my opinion on Edj, but, more importantly, he played well and so did the defence.

AFCCOVENTRY

Fantastic result and let's hope the new manager coming in gets some support to give us the best push to the play offs.

Solid back 4 today. Good call by Carsley to bring in Cameron :claping hands:

Sky Blue Pete

I still feel really sorry for myself and don't think I could have picked myself up for the game so fair play to the guys on the team, carsley and mostly the sba! Cracking support!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Fantastic result and let's hope the new manager coming in gets some support to give us the best push to the play offs.

Solid back 4 today. Good call by Carsley to bring in Cameron :claping hands:

I was thinking that, it turned out to be a shrewd move, after all, I have been calling for the dropping of Edj, however, I'm not sure if the quality of opposition was the difference or Cameron.

AFCCOVENTRY

I was thinking that, it turned out to be a shrewd move, after all, I have been calling for the dropping of Edj, however, I'm not sure if the quality of opposition was the difference or Cameron.

I think Cameron is more than capable at this level. Look at Grandison... he is very good at this level and Cameron can be as well.

If anything it will make Edge a tougher player. He had a good run in the team and he will have to work harder. Adds good competition and i look forward to Edge's reaction to this.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think Cameron is more than capable at this level. Look at Grandison... he is very good at this level and Cameron can be as well.

If anything it will make Edge a tougher player. He had a good run in the team and he will have to work harder. Adds good competition and i look forward to Edge's reaction to this.

Competition will drive up quality of service.

I like Cameron, can lose concentration (may get over that as he's maturing?) but I think he will be a solid Championship CB as he develops, as for now, he has to keep chipping on playing well.

We could play from the back so I was please with that, a problem I highlighted with playing them 2, I hope they do well.

AFCCOVENTRY

Competition will drive up quality of service.

I like Cameron, can lose concentration (may get over that as he's maturing?) but I think he will be a solid Championship CB as he develops, as for now, he has to keep chipping on playing well.

We could play from the back so I was please with that, a problem I highlighted with playing them 2, I hope they do well.

You have to remember this is division 3 football so a cb isn't 100% best at concentration and quality. If they were they would be playing at a much higher level. You need defenders who are solid enough and like a fight and Wood and Cameron can. I do think Dickenson is probably a better option than Adams at this current time in this league. Proper solid player with more experience.

Mucca Mad Boys

You have to remember this is division 3 football so a cb isn't 100% best at concentration and quality. If they were they would be playing at a much higher level. You need defenders who are solid enough and like a fight and Wood and Cameron can. I do think Dickenson is probably a better option than Adams at this current time in this league. Proper solid player with more experience.

Depends how you want to play with regards to LB.

Dickinson would be perfect for a Westley side. Adams needs competition and needs to up his game to keep Dickinson out, I do think Adams is better tbh.

logjoe

Agreed

I couldn't agree more Cameron what a game stood his ground and wasn't going to be pushed around we could have done with him at preston and crewe. Dickinson showed lacked of games with kicks going nowhere but had a very good game and will be better he has good football awareness and reads the game very well. Keep it up PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread