Well Done SISU (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

WTF???

Thanks to AT and the team we are where we are now. SISU haven't even approved funding to keep us alive next season. All this love for the lying asset strippers wants to make me drink 4 cans of tennents super and half a bottle of paint stripper

georgehudson

i think people can easily understand who the sisu apologists are, on this forum,
the difference between prudence & failure, is all about product knowledge,
& of course we all know about KD's product knowledge, etc., etc.,
support the SKY BLUES all the way, but question, at length, & in depth the knowledge of our controllers,
PUSB

@richh87

They cheated. Not for the 1st time, they had a unfair financial advantage over the rest of the league and they deserve their punishment.

Teams like City actually make an attempt to pay the Tax bill.

As for SISU, they deserve no credit. There's cutting costs and then there's taking the piss. They took the piss. They gambled with this club's future and its only today that it looks like they may get away with it (until next season perhaps?). They took the fans for granted and gave AT next to no-support, gagging him at fan forums while making a laughing stock of our club (Ken in the Dugout & Text-a-Sub anyone?).

Spot on.

These liars have taken the piss. They have fluked us making a fight of survival.

They couldn't give a shit about us. They ripped the squad apart, lied to us all about transfer funds and available wages, made us a laughing stock with Brody and Tango Man etc.

If there was any financial benefit for them upon putting us into administration then they would have done so - and we all know it.

Let's just hope they bugger off. I'd take a 10 point hit at the start of next season to see the back of them.

covcity4life

Sisu gambled and it might just come off. If it does they should thank their lucky stars!!!

Could quite so easily backfired and should have backfired. they deserve no credit whatsoever for gambling with our future in my opinion.

yeh whilst its admirable that they are trying to run us within our means and get some sort of working business model they do not deserve credit for "gambling" with our future

coundonskyblue

My biggest problems with Sisu are:

Lies (AT will have the same budget as AB, etc)

Lack of a coherant business plan (business wise we just seem to bumble along).

I have no problem with cost cutting for the long term future of the club, but just admit it and not con people into buying season tickets.

Also with money saved try at least to buy half the stadium!

Colonel Mustard

Says the guy who ignores the context in which Thorn has had to manage this shambles of a club. Brilliant.

Yeah, one week I'll say that the squad is so poor it can never stay up and that it's SISU's fault, and the next week I'll be saying that the squad can stay up thanks to the manager.

Oh no, wait...

ccfcway

My biggest problems with Sisu are:

Lies (AT will have the same budget as AB, etc)

Lack of a coherant business plan (business wise we just seem to bumble along).

I have no problem with cost cutting for the long term future of the club, but just admit it and not con people into buying season tickets.

Also with money saved try at least to buy half the stadium!

Lies - well, less budget, but a similar result !

Lack of business plan - well, same as every owner i can remember

jto123

This is ridiculous!!!! Firstly we are far from safe and are still likely to go down. Secondly, i can't believe as soon as we win two games in a row sisu are getting praised. We are in a desperate state on and off the field whether we stay up or not! This is fickleness at its most extreme.

Delboycov

The most deluded post I've ever seen on any board. If we stay up it is in spite of SISU who have not given a shit about the playing side...stripping the squad of our proven assets is not a cause for back slapping and although I've never been Thorn's biggest fan he has performed miracles...the sooner those tossers are as far away from my beloved club the better.

J

Jack Griffin

Just because we won away so many people are beginning to think we will stay up. The signs look good and the momentum is with us for sure, BUT IT AIN'T ALL OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.

SiSU have more or less fluked the current situation, but it is AT's signings and transfer dealings that have improved the side.
That and getting rid of Orange Ken & replacing him with the much more sensible Fisher and his buddy Waggott.

It might not be so but do you think Freddy going has helped too?

Nonleagueherewecome

Just because we won away so many people are beginning to think we will stay up. The signs look good and the momentum is with us for sure, BUT IT AIN'T ALL OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.

It might not be so but do you think Freddy going has helped too?

Aye, I was thinking that myself!

As for SISU..tonight I just wish they had stumped up that 50k for Madine now, he'd be the perfect rotation option for Platty...such fine margins: that's what I mean by not understanding Football Business! They don't do anything long-term, it's just short-term cut-cut-cut. Would being relegated have saved money, hmm? (not that we are exactly safe yet). And the worst communication skills from a business that I have experienced in any field. Shockingly apalling. They make Warwickshire County Council look like an open, visionary, Utopian organisation..

Oh and lest we forget..Ken Dulieu. Yes, that really did happen :jerkit:

Astute

This is ridiculous!!!! Firstly we are far from safe and are still likely to go down. Secondly, i can't believe as soon as we win two games in a row sisu are getting praised. We are in a desperate state on and off the field whether we stay up or not! This is fickleness at its most extreme.

Agree with all of what you said except for one part. I can see us finishing clear of Bristol before our last game of the season. Have you seen their remaining games against ours? We have a much better GD. We are 6 points above Donny and 5 points above Pompey with 6 games to go. 2 wins from our last 6 games should have us above these two teams.

Pompey

A Southampton, Donny, Forest

H Millwall, Palace, Derby

Put these together with their problems and a 5-1 home defeat yesterday. Can they win 4 of their last 6 games?

Donny look gone already

H Burnley, Pompey, Ipswich

A Fester, Midds and US :D

Bristol City look to have the hardest last 6 games.

H US, West Ham, Barnsley

A Forest, Brum, Burnley

We need a point against them. Will be very confident if we manage at least a draw against them.

Going down? Don't think so.

Last edited:

Tankie

And Hitler was just a bloke who got bad press!
Whatever Sisu did, it was not for the betterment of CCFC, they were, and still are, prepared to sit on their hands and watch us perish, if it suits their Business plan.
If we stay up it will be in spite of them, and not because of them, their Indifference to our football club, as owners, is nothing short of Betrayal of the statement Joe
Elliot read out on "Takeover Day"If we stay up, it will have nothing to do with their actions, or rather lack of them, but to a super human effort by the players and the Coaching Staff, lets be prepared to Salute Andy thorn and the troops, not the faceless, gutless, chancers who hold our Shares.
Tankie.....

1nilandwe...

I assume that there is an element of Devil's Advocate here and the debate is healthy if you ask me, especially in light of Rangers and Portsmouth-gate. IF we do stay up this year, I reckon SISU have got very lucky. They appear to be running the football club like a cold, hard business and we all know that a football club has far more emotional ties that that. The problem I have with them is the same problem I had months ago and that is that I don't see what is in it for them. If they're running it like a business they need to be transparent with their intentions and strategy and they are quite clearly anything but, despite claims and promises to the contrary.

Otis

I assume that there is an element of Devil's Advocate here and the debate is healthy if you ask me, especially in light of Rangers and Portsmouth-gate. IF we do stay up this year, I reckon SISU have got very lucky. They appear to be running the football club like a cold, hard business and we all know that a football club has far more emotional ties that that. The problem I have with them is the same problem I had months ago and that is that I don't see what is in it for them. If they're running it like a business they need to be transparent with their intentions and strategy and they are quite clearly anything but, despite claims and promises to the contrary.

Exactly this.

I am all for being prudent and readily accept our selling of players. What you have to do though is sell a player like Juke for instance for say 1.5 m, buy one or two players for around 500k and use the rest to try and help stave off the debts.

What you don't do is sell your best players and bring in no replacements and get the squad so thin that it is all but suicide.

The policy for every player here has to be sell, but reinvest part of that in playing staff and use the remainder to keep the club running. We are so very, very lucky that Nimely, Platt and Sheff have avoided injury and have been able to be selected week in week out. 1 injury and 1 suspension and we'd be fooked .... and you can't run a football club in that manner.

Prudent but sensible has to be the way forwards. You can be bound sure that Sisu had no idea whatsoever if the kids we have broughtup throught he ranks and into the first team this season were going to sink or swim! Luckily for them and us they have swam.

Last edited:

EleanorRigby

Still a lot to do to achieve what 2 months ago seemed almost impossible. Those trumpeting sisu have short memories. We are in this position simply because despite a series of promises sisu have hardly backed manager Thorn. Over many seasons we have sold star players, but every time have been able to use a portion of any fee to replace them, sisu have denied this, not even loans right upto Norwood and Nimley coming in. Does anyone think wherever we may be next season championship or division 1 things on the player front will alter, you must be potty. From May there is no revenue at all coming in, apparently season ticket money has already been spoken for.

One more important issue, are you forgetting we still have a transfer embargo in place, because we have not supplied any accounts to the Football League, these are to prove to the FL we have the means to run financially the coming season. This has to be very worrying. I don't think it is because they don't know what division we will be in, it's because they (sisu) can't afford us.

A lot of talk re. the Pompey situation, well my opinion is the longer sisu remain here the nearer we will be to being the next Portsmouth, we may not be on our own, but will still be there.

No credit from me. Too many missed opportunities, too many half truths, very little foresight and investment and a misunderstanding of running a football club.

I understand that they may have a portfolio of "successful" investments - but the football business model is different and they just can't seem to get their head around this. It will be a huge achievement to remain in this league and the team and the team management deserve the massive amounts of credit - not these faceless owners.

The sooner they are gone the better. Personally I hope every single last one of the SISU mob involved with this club are trapped in a burning building -and once we have doused the fire, their charred remians should be put on display for the whole world to see.

Last edited:

ccfcway

whilst it was obviously done in jest, it does raise the question what would have happened if they would have got rid of AT, which was pretty much everyones request less than 2 months ago....

DazzleTommyDazzle

The sooner they are gone the better. Personally I hope every single last one of the SISU mob involved with this club are trapped in a burning building and once we have doused the fire, their charred remians should be put on display for the whole world to see.

Come on, get off the fence.

Do you think they've done a good job or not?

:D:D

ccfcway

Question...

IF we manage to stay in this division, which board has done the best this season , CCFC or LCFC ?

Question...

IF we manage to stay in this division, which board has done the best this season , CCFC or LCFC ?

That's like comparing two types of shit.

One's failed because they haven't invested wisely and one because they haven't invested at all.

I don't know whether you're still playing devil's advocate here but you will not get any praise for those leeches no matter how hard you try. As many have said, if we stay up it will be in spite of them. ;)

ccfcway

I don't know whether you're still playing devil's advocate

I am

thats the great thing about a "forum", interesting that AT is getting praise for turning it around, players for improving etc, yet nothing for SISU who IF we stay up, will be in part to them getting the 2 loanees in, and we will be in a better financial position than 12 months ago

DazzleTommyDazzle

I am

thats the great thing about a "forum", interesting that AT is getting praise for turning it around, players for improving etc, yet nothing for SISU who IF we stay up, will be in part to them getting the 2 loanees in, and we will be in a better financial position than 12 months ago

Fair enough, you're playing devil's advocate - but if we stay up it will be, in my opinion, despite SISU rather than because of them.

I think that the only thing that can be said in SISU's favour is that they have cut costs, but as has been pointed out on many previous threads, there is a blunt unintelligent way to do this and there is a sensible intelligent way to do this. We have sadly suffered from the former.

I am

No investment by SISU for those loanees though was there? AT had to bring those players in using wages freed up by the sale of his more valuable assets. It's entirely down to his nous in the market that it's worked out.*

Last edited:

@richh87

I am

Don't be stupid - they massively narrowed the range of loanees available by refusing to shell out for the experience Andy Thorn was crying out for.

What a brilliant scout he is to find Nimely and Norwood and such a restrictive budget - and thank god.

Any survival is in spite of those liars.

EleanorRigby

I am

Can you please explain how we are in a better position now than a year ago, gates are down, not too many star players to cash in on, will need to get atleast some players in, accounts not presented therefore a transfer embrgo to hamper us and season ticket money spent before any have been sold.

Users who are viewing this thread