Well travelled striker Marcus Bent currently on trial at Coventry City. (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

According to twitter:
English_Insider Championship Insider
Well travelled striker Marcus Bent currently on trial at Coventry City. #ccfc

kg82

Always take twitter with a pinch of salt but, if true, I'd say not a bad move at all, see if he can still do a job.

kg82

Was only ever a decent player when he played alongside Darren Bent at Ipswich imo.

Will no Waddock (is that our new MD's name?) From his time at Charlton

Nah, he was quality at Brentford and then at Palace alongside Matt Jansen (granted, that was a LONG time ago now)!!

mark82

Would rather take a chance on the Icelandic guy. Not sure Bent is the answer. We need reinforcements up from though so if he is what is available then worth a shot.

skyblu3sk

Was re-tweeted by Stuart Linnell (not sure how much he would know) Just spotted it thought it was interesting so its not originating from me if it doesn't happen!

mark82

Can't understand why no one has looked at Koumas. Know he's not a striker but he has created plenty of goals from midfield in the past. Would fit right into the diamond aswell.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sign him up!

RE: Koumas-attitude issues, I do believe, not to mention wage demands. We don't want another Freddy, ta.

Gray

scored for his team in Indonesia on the 14th and currently has a 1 year contract with them but maybe something in it

Gray

looks like its people looking on here then transfering it to there mentions Tamas Priskin too

PVA

He's terrible. I'm not normally one to criticise signings before they've played for us, and I praised the signing of HH whilst others were writing him off...but Bent is shite. Hasn't scored a goal in England for about two years and I doubt his wages will be cheap.

Marty

Please no, apart from the fact hes utter shite, his wages will be sky high, lacks pace and can't score. We can afford to be carrying a player like that.

kg82

I'm pretty sure his wages wouldn't be too much. He's not exactly a spring chicken and I think he'd probably know that!

enefer_ccfc

Heard from a friend yesterday that bent is on trial with us before anything was even posted anywhere on the internet so it seems pretty true to me

Skyblueweeman

SShhhh, I don't really want to say anything, but Lionel Messi has just been spotted in Tescos next to the Ricoh. Now he might only be getting a loaf and a pint of milk, but you never know.....:eek:

Hulb

I hope this is not true? He is from the school of non scoring strikers. We've had plenty of those over the years and so another one is not needed!:eek:

Nonleagueherewecome

Marlon King's Premiership strike-rate wasn't exactly anything to write home about, you know..

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Okay. He's no George Weah, but save the furore; he's only on trail. Sometimes, when shopping, don't you pick up something you suspect is crap just out of general interest?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been told off for bringing up names from the SPL {Rudi Skacel and John Sutton} But I would also try and Get Morton Rassmussen on loan from Celtic, He is a 26 Year old Danish Striker very much a 6 yard box finisher. Cant get a look ibn at Celtic he was signed by Tony Mowbrey and Lennon has not really given him a chance. He has been on loan to a few clubs round Europe, scored 98 in 224 games. Could be a gem

sly_old_fox

Not sure how old Bent is now, we had him for a season long loan in 2003/4, our last season in the PL. I though he looked a half decent player (and scored a few goals) in a struggling Pl team, if he is still only early 30s I am sure he could do a decent job in the NPC

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Been told off for bringing up names from the SPL {Rudi Skacel and John Sutton} But I would also try and Get Morton Rassmussen on loan from Celtic, He is a 26 Year old Danish Striker very much a 6 yard box finisher. Cant get a look ibn at Celtic he was signed by Tony Mowbrey and Lennon has not really given him a chance. He has been on loan to a few clubs round Europe, scored 98 in 224 games. Could be a gem

SBDaz, its an open forum! You continue to suggest names if you wish :)

Rasmussen is a decent player, but could never see us getting him. Doubt he's on much of a wage (doubt any SPL players earn half as much as EPL players), but it would be enough to be out of our reach. Bet we only got Nemily cus Man City didnt command a wage fee / wages to be covered.

Users who are viewing this thread