WEMBERLEY!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Watched it at home with my 8yo and welled up seeing the sheer joy in his face as he said "I can't believe I'm going to watch Coventry at Wembley".

I was an 11yo at the Charity Shield and would never have thought it would be 30 years before we'd be back there.

So to all the grumps out there, we all know it's not an 'achievement' to get to the final of a tinpot cup, but the significance of it is massive. It's the place of our only success. It's a chance for families to relive v happy memories. Grown up kids to take their own kids and maybe, just maybe, we'll stay up and look back at this moment at the point when things finally started to get better.

Well that was all poetic nonsense! I'm off to bed. :shamefullyembarrased:
30 years of hurt, we're returning to WEMBLEY. :happy:

idm1975

This is the most positive, wonderful and joyous post on this forum for many a day.

I honestly hope that you and your boys enjoy every second.

PUSB
That sir is very kind of you to say so. But i, and i imagine a lot of others too, just cannot wait to walk down wembley way with my boys with thousands and thousands of us all in a sea of sky blue. Its going to be amazing.

oakey

I think we should all thank U2. In the Spring of 87 they released the very fine album, The Joshua Tree.
This year they have announced 'The Joshua Tree 30 year anniversary tour'. It's our lucky charm.
I also have tickets to their show at Twickenham.

Astute

Anyone had texts/calls/messages from friends who have long distanced themselves from CCFC, but suddenly want to know if you can get them tickets yet?
No. But have had a couple of calls asking if I need any tickets :)

idm1975

Am not a season ticket holder, simply down to the amount of home games i can get to, always join my my boys as JSB's but if i cannot get 4 tickets for wembley i will go freakin mental if Man ure supporters are there before me and any other sky blue!

Great_Expectations

Am not a season ticket holder, simply down to the amount of home games i can get to, always join my my boys as JSB's but if i cannot get 4 tickets for wembley i will go freakin mental if Man ure supporters are there before me and any other sky blue!

I promised him two and my Chelsea supporting mate three .

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think we should all thank U2. In the Spring of 87 they released the very fine album, The Joshua Tree.
This year they have announced 'The Joshua Tree 30 year anniversary tour'. It's our lucky charm.
67 , 70, 87 , 17 . !!! Seven's are lucky number !!! I'm going to put these numbers on the lottery. :wacky:

Can anyone guess what happened season 70/71 ?

Brylowes

I can't believe it. I thought that I had gone soft when I admitted that I had a tear in my eye thinking about my lad seeing us at Wemberleeee. Now I know that I am not alone :D
Watched it in me pub with Brother Nephew and son, last 30 mins were torture, don't mind telling ya
Snook off to the bog at FT and shed a few tears.
It's the 30 years thing, with everything we as a fanbase have had to put up with, it's like Gods way
Of giving something "anything " back to us. And I don't believe in god.

Gaz71

I'll go along with that, and the fact the lad scored from the half way line at half time, which never normally happens

duffer

This Wembley trip is for all of those daft buggers that are still going, week in and week out. And then for those of us who think they've lost their love for the club over the decades of constant disappointment, but can't really shake it. And then for the kids, that have literally seen nothing but disaster piled upon failure, but still wear the shirt when all of their mates have Man U or Chelsea kits.

Puts a little bit of spring in your step (and dust in your eye) does this win, I find. I never thought that a tinpot cup would feel so important. Night all. :)

SkyBlueSoul

Long time reader, first time poster here. I'd consider myself part of the "younger generation" who many people have said this result was for. I'm 25 so had several years of mediocrity (at best) in the Premiership, a relegation, mediocrity (again at best) in the Championship, another relegation, and, bar the first half of last season, a lot of dross in League 1. Most importantly I missed out on '87.

While I agree this is a tin pot cup, we are a tin pot club currently and this is just where we find ourselves. I was at the game tonight and at the final whistle I too shed a few tears and feel completely justified in doing so, as even the remotest piece of success is everything we have been striving for since long before I first went to HR in '96. We can have no visions of grandeur atm, especially with SISU at the helm, but tonight was about so much more than them. It was about us as fans being given a semblance of hope and something to look forward to.

Hats off to everyone able to make it tonight. We are normally a fickle bunch of fans but I've rarely known a CCFC crowd get behind a team to that extent for an entire game. Let's enjoy our day out and hopefully have something to celebrate. PUSB!

duffer

Long time reader, first time poster here. I'd consider myself part of the "younger generation" who many people have said this result was for. I'm 25 so had several years of mediocrity (at best) in the Premiership, a relegation, mediocrity (again at best) in the Championship, another relegation, and, bar the first half of last season, a lot of dross in League 1. Most importantly I missed out on '87.

While I agree this is a tin pot cup, we are a tin pot club currently and this is just where we find ourselves. I was at the game tonight and at the final whistle I too shed a few tears and feel completely justified in doing so, as even the remotest piece of success is everything we have been striving for since long before I first went to HR in '96. We can have no visions of grandeur atm, especially with SISU at the helm, but tonight was about so much more than them. It was about us as fans being given a semblance of hope and something to look forward to.

Hats off to everyone able to make it tonight. We are normally a fickle bunch of fans but I've rarely known a CCFC crowd get behind a team to that extent for an entire game. Let's enjoy our day out and hopefully have something to celebrate. PUSB!

It's going to be a great day. I'm sorry for you missing out on Wembley the first time around, but then I don't half wish that I was 25! :)

Essexrobbie

For me this is all about putting the club in the shop window. This is better than the FA cup for us as we can potentially take as many fans as we want as we wont be limited to the 25,000 per club . I dont know what the initial allocation will be but we will be able to apply for more and I cant see either Oxford or luton taking more than 20,000 so we should at least be able to have 40,000 if we wanted. If a rich businessman from where ever sees the potentail this club has as a fan base it might make us a cheap viable project for them to invest in.

Astute

40,000? We will need more tickets than that.

Users who are viewing this thread