Wembley allocation (1 Viewer)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

i think they will need to stagger season tickets to points levels as well, purely to avoid 20k season ticket holders in a free for all at the same time, will be carnage on the seating plan!

All ST holders will be guaranteed a ticket though!
Surely they wont do that because then it season ticket holders with different points cant sit together

skybluecam

If it's the same again, can someone in the middle category (me) buy one for someone who has an account but less than 100 points (my dad) before the general sale? I'm guessing not but want to check! He doesn't go very often these days but would love to take him to Wembley if I can.

Same as playoff final I mean

Thursday 18th May – 10am
2022/23 Season Ticket Holders

Friday 19th May – 3pm
Supporters with 100+ points

Monday 22nd May – 10am
General Sale – fans must have an existing account created before 13th May
doubt it will be the same as PO final. They had to rush that

HerneBayGaz

I had a Man U supporting mate asking for a ticket. Before we judge, he is Cov member at least and goes to about 10 home games a season.

Computer says no though.
But he is still a Man U fan.
So I'm glad your computer says no.

I've been asked as well. I knew as soon as I saw his name on my phone what he was going to ask. Told him if I managed to obtain a spare ticket its going to a Cov fan. Not one of your mob. He hung up. And probably was going to pester someone else 😠

Mucca Mad Boys

I've been asked as well. I knew as soon as I saw his name on my phone what he was going to ask. Told him if I managed to obtain a spare ticket its going to a Cov fan. Not one of your mob. He hung up. And probably was going to pester someone else 😠
He’ll probably be able to get one himself via the membership but there’s no chance I’m abetting someone in the enemy camp.

Covkid1968#

My son is a United fan… came to see me last night. I thought… oh here we go!! But he never mentioned it 😂😂 it’s not a nice feeling preparing to say to your eldest son…you can feck off you plastic!! So I’m glad it never cropped up. He did though ask for a retro city shirt to play 5 a side in… so maybe he’s coming around to the idea.

no_loyalty

Anyone have any suggestions for blocks to sit in? Last 3 times I've been in 550, 551, and 249. Is Category 3 down the front of the lower tier any good, behind the goal?
I sat in row 5 for the league one playoff final, it was ok but second tier is obviously much better. Paid £75 for playoff final last season, £120 for cup SF.

skybluericoh

Club should try and make some cash
ST 1st
Then do a premier deal £600 for last 5 home games and next season £500 refunded if promoted. Limit to take us to 23000 ST
Block of 5 last games £125 = £25 per game
Then general sale after anyone with loads of points is not in the 3 above.
would help build a bit of a war chest for next season.

Mucca Mad Boys

I've been asked as well. I knew as soon as I saw his name on my phone what he was going to ask. Told him if I managed to obtain a spare ticket it’s going to a Cov fan. Not one of your mob. He hung up. And probably was going to pester someone else 😠
Oh I agree, it’s just that with his membership, he’ll be able to get his own ticket.

I’d be inclined to take a mate who at least wanted Cov to win! 😂

Flying Fokker

Surely STHs x 1
Then non-STHs with 500 plus points
Then NSTHS with 400 points etc

is the fairest means.

And yes, I am partly saying this from the perspective of a non-STH with 660 points.
You really need a ST. Wasted money paying the prices you’re paying instead of a ST. It must break even at worst?

Mucca Mad Boys

Pretty sure it will be 1500+ points and premier package holders get 2 tickets each.

Rest to season ticket holders then those with 100+ points. Obviously 1 ticket each.
Why would they get 2 tickets and no one else? The club have never done something like that before.

If anything it’ll be 2x ST but as I mentioned earlier, we don’t have a big enough allocation to allow for 2x all STHs.

The reason for the points system is because ST is not a big enough differentiator for fans. With a 34,000 allocation you can open the sales window to all STHs, sell 19,000 and then the rest.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Anyone have any suggestions for blocks to sit in? Last 3 times I've been in 550, 551, and 249. Is Category 3 down the front of the lower tier any good, behind the goal?

Cue the seat plan of Wembley, coming to you any time soon. 🏟️

HerneBayGaz

Oh I agree, it’s just that with his membership, he’ll be able to get his own ticket.

I’d be inclined to take a mate who at least wanted Cov to win! 😂
I see your point. But will the allocation get down to the members, or are they treated as the same as STH?. Not sure how the membership works. But yes must better a Coventry fan goes to the game instead of a United fan.

napolimp

No way this will be allowed to go on general sale with the risk of Utd fans buying tickets. If you don’t have a membership number already you ain’t getting an option to buy. Today the club changed the last 5 games to members only with a previous purchase history. Beforehand this was only for the Leeds game.

This will have specifically been done today to ensure Man U fans can't buy a ticket for one of the final 5 games, and then have a possible opportunity at a Wembley ticket. TBF, some may have already done that.

Covcraig@bury

If I smell a man ure fan anywhere near me in our end I promise I will ruin their day . I have family in the forces who want a ticket and are home on leave after 5 months on tour so I won’t be happy 🤬

Liquid Gold

It'll be done sensibly. 1 per person

Day 1 - 1000+ points and ST
Day 2 - 500+ points and ST
Day 3 - 230+ points and ST
Day 4 - 500+ Points
Day 5 - 250+ Points
Day 6 - 100+ points
Day 7 - Anybody with a live account prior to the semi final

Majority of our core away support will be able to get tickets together day 1 and sit together in the lower bowl. But it allows fans that have points but don't attend as regularly as others to attend ahead of the day-tripper that would be STH's +1s.

Colin Steins Smile

I would guess the club will follow a similar framework that you've used for the quarter final tickets. I might be something like:

1st Tranch of tickets to: ST holders with 1100+ points
2nd Tranch : ST holders with 500+ points
3rd Tranch : Rest of ST holders.
4th Tranch: Members with 500+ points.

Covcraig@bury

Day 4 - 500+ Points
Day 5 - 250+ Points
Day 6 - 100+ points

Majority of our core away support will be able to get tickets together day 1 and sit together in the lower bowl. But it allows fans that have points but don't attend as regularly as others to attend ahead of the day-tripper that would be STH's +1s.
But this would also mean that the fan at the bottom of the food chain won’t be able to sit with family and friends!

CV22SBA

Day 4 - 500+ Points
Day 5 - 250+ Points
Day 6 - 100+ points

1000 pts is probably a bit steep to start as imagine only 5-6K with that many. Most away games until last week were making it to the 800 bracket so perhaps start there.

Martw

Day 4 - 500+ Points
Day 5 - 250+ Points
Day 6 - 100+ points

Problem with that is that many fans who sit together may not have the same points . Unless I have misread your thoughts.

Nuskyblue

Just put all of them on for sale at once and wait for carnage

hunger games GIF
FA Cup Hunger games II, Southampton away was mental. Didn't we get >5k sold out in under 30 minutes?

CV3SkyBlue

Genuinely think it will just be similar to the PO final last year, first window STH's with any amount of points & then non STH's with 200+ points, then finally anyone with purchase history to be the "general sale" for whatever is left.

Liquid Gold

But this would also mean that the fan at the bottom of the food chain won’t be able to sit with family and friends!
If some in day 2 wants to sit with someone in day 4 then they both buy on day 4

1000 pts is probably a bit steep to start as imagine only 5-6K with that many. Most away games until last week were making it to the 800 bracket so perhaps start there.
Yeah that's fine, just spitballing rough numbers

Problem with that is that many fans who sit together may not have the same points . Unless I have misread your thoughts.
Again if they want to all sit together they wait until the window of those with the lower points. If they want to garanteee a ticket they buy early and sit apart.

Martw

If some in day 2 wants to sit with someone in day 4 then they both buy on day 4

Yeah that's fine, just spitballing rough numbers

Again if they want to all sit together they wait until the window of those with the lower points. If they want to garanteee a ticket they buy early and sit apart.
Yes can see that is an option to be fair

Liquid Gold

Genuinely think it will just be similar to the PO final last year, first window STH's with any amount of points & then non STH's with 200+ points, then finally anyone with purchase history to be the "general sale" for whatever is left.
Think they will take a slightly different approach this year as we have a much longer window to sell them in.

Liquid Gold

It just definitely won't be 2 per STH as it encourages re-sale and people who haven't followed the club turning up.

I'm looking at it slightly selfishly too as I don't have a ST this year as paying to get married took priority for me. I still have over 1000 points though through following home and away for years. Is it right that people like me miss out because Mr first time season ticket holder wants to take his Man U mate?

David O'Day

If they are doing 1 per season ticket and they have enough to have 10k spare even if every season ticket holder buys 1 then why on earth would they need to do points for the season ticket holder section? Solves no issues and creates more problems.

CV3SkyBlue

Think they will take a slightly different approach this year as we have a much longer window to sell them in.
Possibly but think the general sale will definitely require some type of purchase history unlike last year, as someone above mentioned even the remaining home league games require that to purchase right now.. either way as long as united plastics from cov and day trippers are kept out and actual city fans who deserve to be there will be able to get a ticket then it's all good

Users who are viewing this thread