Wembley allocation (2 Viewers)

SBAndy

Expecting news on the date (and potentially tickets) by the end of the week.

Covcraig@bury

I'm away at the moment and I won't se him until the start of April but if they've had no joy let me know and I'll get some details.
It was really late in the day when they got them, they thought they were going to miss out.
Unfortunately the lads in the Navy and with the deployment he’s away 4-5 months at a time . So it wasn’t worth him getting a season ticket . He has points from buying when he’s home but nowhere near enough

skybluecam

If we have over 34K on the database then not a problem, my gut feeling is it might be less than this. We're averaging 25K at the moment so that will be 19K season ticket holders plus 6K points holders that still leaves 9K to take it to 34K, we gained a lot of new fans over the last 2 seasons but to have 9K non STH's and people with really low points or no points seems a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, that's for the club to decide, whatever way they go someone is going to be pissed off & the only way to stop Man Utd fans in our end will be letting multiple tickets to be sold to fans at some point!
there’s definitely over 34k on there.

skybluelee

If we have over 34K on the database then not a problem, my gut feeling is it might be less than this. We're averaging 25K at the moment so that will be 19K season ticket holders plus 6K points holders that still leaves 9K to take it to 34K, we gained a lot of new fans over the last 2 seasons but to have 9K non STH's and people with really low points or no points seems a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, that's for the club to decide, whatever way they go someone is going to be pissed off & the only way to stop Man Utd fans in our end will be letting multiple tickets to be sold to fans at some point!
That's flawed logic though and only works if the 6K are the same 6K! Say on average that 6K is made up of people that go to 5 games per season then it becomes closer to 25K unique individuals. Add that to your 19.5K STHs and you're well above our Wembley allocation.

skybluecam

Jeez, you've moved on from loyalty points it's now who has the biggest database! :ROFLMAO:
I didn’t start the loyalty point nonsense

I think there must be over 34k, we’ve had 25k ish home fans for Leicester/Sheff Wed then you think about Wembley last year plus many fans who probably only go once in a blue moon.

Skybluecol

It's not a stretch and the reason for this is....

19k STH
Our average attendance this season is c25k, and average away attendance at the CBS is c2k meaning an additional 4k of Cov fans.
These are not the same group of people as can range from fans doing the odd game and some the vast majority. But they'll potentially be from a group of 12k if an average fan is attending 6 games each out of the 18 games we've played at home this season (could potentially and probably be higher).
That's 31k in total
3k will be left for others who are registered with club but potentially haven't been to a game this season. I know of 4 myself, as they went brum and boro playoff last season as well as play off final....all cov fans but very lazy cov fans....they'll definitely be 3k of them knocking about.
If they're not registered with club.....that's when they'll need to worry that they won't get a ticket but also ask themselves the question.....do I really deserve one?

Last edited:

McLovin87

That's flawed logic though and only works if the 6K are the same 6K! Say on average that 6K is made up of people that go to 5 games per season then it becomes closer to 25K unique individuals. Add that to your 19.5K STHs and you're well above our Wembley allocation.
Mate, my logic may be flawed but if you think there's 25K individuals have attended matches besides STH's over the course of the season, I think you might be using some fuzzy logic there!

Flying Fokker

When they let people buy multiple tickets for the big games in the past this will decrease the amount of people with buying history, you'll be pretty much guaranteed Plastic Utd fans in our end!
Can’t see that going down well. They are strange breed these United fans. Will stick out like a
You can’t complain about “day trippers” at the last playoff final without also believing that our own ST holders would bring any old bugger along to this game too, United fans included.
Isn’t this normal behavior? People come to matches for many reasons, some just to see a good game without any allegiance to either team. There is a he’ll of a lot of social creeping going on as well. I dare say the executive box holders at CBS will be offering tickets out to anyone they can suck up to…

Man U fans rarely get a chance to see a game, so some will take up offers of tickets. Wembley has about 27% neutrals in the stadium anyway.

Flying Fokker

Mate, my logic may be flawed but if you think there's 25K individuals have attended matches besides STH's over the course of the season, I think you might be using some fuzzy logic there!

3000 on average per game, many of whom will be the same people each game. So if every season ticket holder went as well as the 3k who may also have been up that’s 22-23k. Still 11000 tickets to go to general sale?

skybluecam

3000 on average per game, many of whom will be the same people each game.
Nah

Even if only 2 different people sit in each of those seats over the season that’s 6000.

For games like Leicester there were 6500 non STH holders there.

I’d think we have over 40,000 in the database.

it’s like I have purchase history at 3-4 other clubs after going to one off games.

clint van damme

Unfortunately the lads in the Navy and with the deployment he’s away 4-5 months at a time . So it wasn’t worth him getting a season ticket . He has points from buying when he’s home but nowhere near enough

Well let him make enquiries and if he draws a blank let me know and I'll see what channels my mates lad went through.
Appreciate City Man U is a different kettle of fish to City Luton but fingers crossed.

Mucca Mad Boys

Remember the email that went out for the consultation on safe standing? Plenty of randoms who may have been to the odd game.

Don’t get me wrong, it wouldn’t be 34,000+ active users. For example, my sister has an account that I set up years ago and she’s not been in years.

Calista

It's not over this season though is it? Points have accrued over years.

skybluericoh

Prices from Chelsea info

With regards to prices, a ticket won't come cheap. The Chelsea website states a 'Level 2' Category 1 ticket is £120 with Category 2 coming in at £100. At 'Level 1 and 5', Category 1 is £80, Category 2 is £65, Category 3 is £45 and Category 4 is £30.

fernandopartridge

What time is kick off likely to be? Anybody know. Want to get a train booked and can get ok ISH prices now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What time is kick off likely to be? Anybody know. Want to get a train booked and can get ok ISH prices now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just get the morning train, gives you more time soak up the atmosphere. 🏟️🍔🍺

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Are you seriously suggesting that 19k ST holders in a 30k allocation should not be guaranteed a ticket? That seems wild logic to me but I totally agree it should not be 2 per ST holder and seems fairest the allocation of the rest should be done on points.

no, I said there’s no reason why they should - there’s nothing written in any t&cs as far as I know?

season ticket holders (such as myself) pay an amount of money for an amount of games per season, nothing more…. FA Cup games are a bonus.

I’m not suggesting anything, I’m just saying it as it is - if the club decided to allocate them differently (eg a straight ballot) then there’s no reason why they couldn’t.

I am hoping it’s at least one per season ticket before anything though, because I’m looking forward to a day out

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Last year they were 4.30 and 4.45pm. The previous year it was 3.30 and 4.30pm. So late afternoon seems a solid bet.

whichever one is on the Sunday will be after the London marathon I’d imagine - I don’t know when that all kicks off and ends…

the Saturday one again will probably be dependant on what teams are playing at home in and around Wembley, maybe?

no_loyalty

Prices from Chelsea info

With regards to prices, a ticket won't come cheap. The Chelsea website states a 'Level 2' Category 1 ticket is £120 with Category 2 coming in at £100. At 'Level 1 and 5', Category 1 is £80, Category 2 is £65, Category 3 is £45 and Category 4 is £30.
Same as last years prices

IMG_2529.png

Flying Fokker

Nah

Even if only 2 different people sit in each of those seats over the season that’s 6000.

For games like Leicester there were 6500 non STH holders there.

I’d think we have over 40,000 in the database.

it’s like I have purchase history at 3-4 other clubs after going to one off games.
Just wondering if you thought about the average 25k and 2.5 k being away supporters.

skybluericoh

Fock me…65 quid to stand. I picked out an old west end ticket and its value of 3.80 1979 worked out at 15 quid in todays money.
Think I still have my 87 ticket somewhere, sure it was something like £5.00 for standing in the same end as we are this year. But players were only well paid not massively overpaid

Users who are viewing this thread