Wembley Merchandise (3 Viewers)

robbiekeane

Well I didn't fancy a Wembley specific one but it did make me go and have a look and I ended up buying and standard ccfc scarf. Just shows what a bit of marketing does

Gaz71

I've got a tin of striped paint I can sell you, I think it's next to the tartan, just behind the long weights. :)

I used to get sent to the plumbers merchants for long weights for ball valves...... they always took ages!!

Otis

Well I didn't fancy a Wembley specific one but it did make me go and have a look and I ended up buying and standard ccfc scarf. Just shows what a bit of marketing does
I'm exactly the same here. Have absolutely no intention of buying anything that says 'Checkatrade Trophy' on it, but am very likely just to buy a City flag for the day......

and then obviously going forwards to use it for the League Two champions campaign, League One champions, Championship play-off winners, FA and League Cup winners and Champions League runners up etc.

Got to be worth the small price to pay for all that incessant waving it's going to get over the next 6 or 7 years.

CJ_covblaze

Looks like the club are launching more things.

Final. Coventry City FC Online Store

Think the shirts would only be decent if fully signed by the squad etc. Not sure I'd be that fussed about having a special edition shirt for it.

All about the Jester hats though!

The mugs and coasters aren't too bad. The shirts are ok too and cheap enough. I can see why someone would want one as a keep sake or to wear whilst they're digging the garden or tiling the bathroom. Why on earth would anyone above the age of about 14 want a jester hat, foam finger and/or wig though? What a load of tat. Buy those 3 things from the club, a half half scarf outside the ground and top it all off get your face painted by one of the gormless interns who have no idea if they're at a gig, NFL game or football match on the concourse to look like a complete twat.

If you do all of the above and buy a huge box of popcorn from another gormless individual that has no idea what event they're working at the FA will probably even ensure you're shown on 'bongo cam' before kick off and then a screenshot of that special moment along with the words "Welcome to Wembley" will be placed on the big screens overlooking Olympic Way in the run up to future matches.

Hadji's_Goatee

I'm sure with a bit of 'editing' the foam hand might continue to provide some value after the final too. (edit - great minds Otis)

0021205_efl-trophy-final-foam-hand_550.jpeg

View attachment 6741
Sort it out Del Boy 100 pcs - 18" Foam Middle Finger Mitt / Foam Hand with your Custom Imprint | eBay

shmmeee

I used to get sent to the plumbers merchants for long weights for ball valves...... they always took ages!!

When I was an apprentice at Marconi someone tried to send me for a left handed hammer. Not falling for that one.

Monners

The mugs and coasters aren't too bad. The shirts are ok too and cheap enough. I can see why someone would want one as a keep sake or to wear whilst they're digging the garden or tiling the bathroom. Why on earth would anyone above the age of about 14 want a jester hat, foam finger and/or wig though? What a load of tat. Buy those 3 things from the club, a half half scarf outside the ground and top it all off get your face painted by one of the gormless interns who have no idea if they're at a gig, NFL game or football match on the concourse to look like a complete twat.

If you do all of the above and buy a huge box of popcorn from another gormless individual that has no idea what event they're working at the FA will probably even ensure you're shown on 'bongo cam' before kick off and then a screenshot of that special moment along with the words "Welcome to Wembley" will be placed on the big screens overlooking Olympic Way in the run up to future matches.
And to top it off- wear a pair of Bermuda shorts :cool:

CJ_covblaze

And to top it off- wear a pair of Bermuda shorts :cool:

They're acceptable to wear on the street. Wigs, jester hats, etc aren't.

Sorry if I've offended anyone by what I've said. I just hate what football is becoming. It's turning into an overpriced, commercial obsessed, afternoon out. I'm all for making it fun for the kids but what I see week in week out be it at the Ricoh, Wembley or any other stadium in the England and beyond is making it unrecognisable from what it was when I was growing up. That was in the 90s. Granted the 90s was probably where it all started with the introduction of the Premier League but it was still there for the common man in the street. That street being where he lived and in many cases it was in the shadow cast by the floodlights and terraces of the ground where he spends his Saturday afternoons.

I'm all for trying to get kids involved and keep them interested. Without those kids our sport is dead so if that takes a bit of face paint here and there to do it, fair cop. What I find sad is that some adults think they need a hat, wig or face paint to make it fun and support their club. It's not their fault they feel that way the same as it not being my fault I feel how I do. It's the fault of men in suits trying to change traditions and ruin everything we once loved.

Nick

Administrator
They're acceptable to wear on the street. Wigs, jester hats, etc aren't.

Sorry if I've offended anyone by what I've said. I just hate what football is becoming. It's turning into an overpriced, commercial obsessed, afternoon out. I'm all for making it fun for the kids but what I see week in week out be it at the Ricoh, Wembley or any other stadium in the England and beyond is making it unrecognisable from what it was when I was growing up. That was in the 90s. Granted the 90s was probably where it all started with the introduction of the Premier League but it was still there for the common man in the street. That street being where he lived and in many cases it was in the shadow cast by the floodlights and terraces of the ground where he spends his Saturday afternoons.

I'm all for trying to get kids involved and keep them interested. Without those kids our sport is dead so if that takes a bit of face paint here and there to do it, fair cop. What I find sad is that some adults think they need a hat, wig or face paint to make it fun and support their club. It's not their fault they feel that way the same as it not being my fault I feel how I do. It's the fault of men in suits trying to change traditions and ruin everything we once loved.

To be honest, I'd much rather see kids and people having fun rather than the mindset that we have to go and cuddle the opposition fans and take pictures shaking hands because everybody is so unhappy. Blackpool away baffled me, as you had pissed up blokes having the time of their lives with a silly kiss me quick LED hat having fun and then going into the game and there were then people queuing up to be in pictures with blackpool protest flags looking sad and angry. It was like 2 completely different situations.

I'd much prefer seeing a couple of blokes wearing a silly jester hat having a good time than doom and gloom all of the time.

Although, beer hats are a better idea as hill says!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Jester hats always struck me as more old fashioned than a modern thing, I can picture someone with a rosette, jester hat and a lovely perm.

Otis

Ok, but then who was in the pictures you've been sending me up to now?
Well that was still me, but I do have a tendancy to tuck everything round the back for photoshoots if you know what I mean, so that might have thrown you.

Was going to do a full on, full frontal, but I just don't have the balls.

Monners

I was only messing CJ - chill dude.

I started gipn in the 70's when a scarf (one round the wrist too if you fancied it) was all we used to do.

ajsccfc

I always like seeing really old football crowds from the 30s and 40s. Look how smart everyone is!

Old+Photos+of+Football+Fans+from+1900%E2%80%931940+(4).jpeg

To think I'll be at the Bradford game in an oversized hoody and a t-shirt that hasn't been washed in days providing it passes the smell test

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is that Killer second row from the front in the middle on bottom pic.
No, but I think that's me to the right of the bloke on the shoulders, underneath the balloons. Can't see my face, but I'd know that paper hat anywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread