Were we that bad today? (1 Viewer)

ecky

I haven't been today..
Were we that bad today or were MK just too good for us?

Was the football and substitutions any different?

Grendel

I thought we wer pretty awful in truth.

Astute

How could they be too good for us if we beat them ;) :D

Johnnythespider

We sat far too deep in the second half. Thought we deserved to lead 2-0 in the first.

Grendel

God help us if we play good, sacking SP has proved something today hasn't it? :)

One thing he probably would have done is bought Haynes on and then we'd habe been in trouble. Stokes at least defends hard and concentrates for 90 minutes. Baker and the other wide player would have had a field day with Haynes.

fellatio_Martinez

We're near the bottom of league one. There's no glory in having more possession or a superior number of passes. Get the results sorted then start worrying about the stats.

Grendel

Does he look like he could be a long term answer?

Who knows? He is not fit but he really works overtime. It seems off he is not in forest greens team as he doesn't look out of place.

I have to be honest I think Haynes is dire - he cannot defend and doesn't hols his position at all.

percy

we were excellent today. went two up but then didnt really know wether to go on and try and get a third or hold on to what we had got. i think last weeks game had a big bearing on the way we played today in that we were desperate not to balls it up again, hence why we sat so deep.

skybluepm2

It was an uncomfortable second half and I'm surprised we didn't fold to be honest. As much as I've been Burge's biggest critic, he didn't do a lot wrong today and can be proud of his performance. Stokes had a good 1st half too.

It was a second half performance which we've seen all too much of. Strange substitutions in my opinion but hey I'm not going to be too critical because they were 3 massive points. A few great goal saving tackes today by Stokes, Martin, Pennington and even Martin. A few players really did but their arses on the line for the shirt which has been lacking most of th season.

There is a degree of talent in 'the group' and hopefully a half decent new manager will be able to get them playing. Mention for Samuel again. He's going to be a great player in a few years!

Gazolba

4 shots against their 24. We rode our luck on this one. We still cannot play for 90 minutes. Can't help wondering how many we would have beaten them by with Carl Baker in our side. Huge mistake in getting rid of him!

SkyBlueSid

The result is the only thing that matters in our situation. I have no idea how we hung on for the win. But grafting out results against better teams with sheer grit and determination is exactly what we haven't been doing for ages. We have probably lost many games we should have won. How often have we won games we should probably have lost?

Mr pot

We wernt good. Gave away so much possession. Centre midfielder were non existant second half and if it wasn't for the good luck we had and they had of converted their chances the score would have read about 7-2.

Best thing about today was burge. I never believed I'd see him perform like that. He seemed more confident.

Got to say Samuel played well. You tell he thought too much with the one on one but made amends with a good finish. Playing RDM second half he made some good clearances. But Fuck me he slipped a lot.

Pitch looked shocking

Covstu

We did well today, we scored two goals early and knew they were going to come for us. they failed to do enough and we took the points. Job well done in my opinion

torchomatic

Good solid first half, backs against the wall in the second. We didn't help ourselves in the second as we were just hoofing it up the pitch to no one. Burge had a good game, good shot stopping today but his distribution was dreadful.

Great feeling getting the win, exciting towards the end when we were defending for our lives and it finally woke the Ricoh up with cheering and singing from all around the ground Won £37 too on the result. Good all round.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
We are a team low on confidence and we had a bit of luck today but they also worked harder and tried to press and play higher up the field which they did more earlier in the game than than after the break but let us not forget, this is a team in 2nd place and playing well with confident players so we can all be happy tonight. The gap has closed on a few more teams and we have a massive 10 days with 3 games so let's back them and hopefully secure 7-9 points from those as that will be pivotal and crushing to others around us.

Users who are viewing this thread