Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (2 Viewers)

alexccfc99

There really was something in that game for us which is the frustrating thing - I come away from that seeing Albion as a solid yet pretty unspectacular side who had an off night, a point was easily attainable from that fixture and the wrong team selection and set up from the whistle cost us, I do think that one is on Robins

It is easy to say in a bad run of form but looking at the play-offs and our own circumstances, you may laugh at me for saying it but I do feel it may be a blessing in disguise to not get in the Play-Offs this season, whilst they are one off matches do I really think we have it in us to take a Leeds/Southampton or Ipswich over two legs... no - This team isn't ready yet, the club isn't ready to compete with Leeds, Saints etc. yet - I am just glad we are in the hunt if I am honest, and despite the last two games, we are

Just take every game how it comes and see where we are in May - Even in the good run of form we had I was always under the impression that in this teams cycle, next season will be the season they are ready to have a proper push

alexccfc99

His one save in all those games was a save anyone on this forum would have made. Its actually staggering, he's dreadful. The other aspects of his game are also awful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I am of the opinion we need a new goalie in the summer - But what can he realistically do about either of those goals last night

Makes me laugh when he keeps a clean sheet it's the defence bailing him out and when he concedes two goals like last night he is crucified, you can't have it both ways I am afraid

TomRad85

I am of the opinion we need a new goalie in the summer - But what can he realistically do about either of those goals last night

Makes me laugh when he keeps a clean sheet it's the defence bailing him out and when he concedes two goals like last night he is crucified, you can't have it both ways I am afraid
I don't want it both ways. He's shite and people like you saying both are as bad as each other are talking absolute crap as nothing backs that's up. Collins is actually an OK keeper, Wilson is not.

alexccfc99

I don't want it both ways. He's shite and people like you saying both are as bad as each other are talking absolute crap as nothing backs that's up. Collins is actually an OK keeper, Wilson is not.

They are both average Championship players - For all the talk of how Collins is by far the superior goalie I am yet to actually see that much of a difference

Like it or not, you could have Baresi, Cannavaro and Maldini playing in front of you - If your goalkeeper is as shite as you are making Wilson out to be, you do not get to a play off final, end of

Milne Out

Not sure what all the surprise is ?
Wasn’t a great deal of difference to our game against them at home.
Albion were solid and not much else.
Bit like a Volkswagen.

But on balance of both games probably a better team.

How many of us REALLY fancied City tonight ? As opposed to us just wanting Robins to magic something up ? ( again)

Not sure where all the expectation comes from ?

Supporting a provincial team like City, means we just grab those little crumbs of glory, luck and occasional brilliance when we can…. And then savour them in our long term memory. The Leicester game at home this year being one of those sweet treats, whereas the game at theirs , filed away into that pile of “what if’s” games.

Last season we won a golden ticket by making the play off final. We had our 120 min chance of glory , but fell up short. Apart from a spell after our goal at Wembley when I actually felt the stars were aligning, and after twenty odd years in the wilderness , my vision of 35,000 of us aggressively chanting “City are back” was finally becoming a reality. But as we all know, it wasn’t to be.

I remember walking back to the car at Blackburn last year, still not sure how we’d managed to snatch a point from a game we were truly awful in. Glad that I’d witnessed Wilson do something memorable (AND RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE AWAY END !) to make us celebrate liked we’d snatched promotion , as opposed to a lucky away point.
I still knew it wasn’t enough …. Until I put the radio on in the car, and heard results had fallen our way.And results of others continued to fall our way.
Last year we could very easily have finished 9th or 10th, but we rode our luck and actually had our shot at glory. It still hurts to think back.
That feeling after Hamer’s strike, when we experienced that surge of belief and excitement , that feeling of togetherness and pride in being Sky Blue, prior to the game.

Thats what being a City fan is about.
it’s like a religion. Often makes no sense.
Often dismissed or despised by followers of a different creed
But it gives us Hope

Something followers of the big teams will never really have , as glory is always served up to them on a regular basis.

My main surprise about West Brom this season, is still how small a following they brought to the CBS, not the 2 results !
Thats the fact that sticks in my memory.

PUSB

Sky Blue Pete

Thats woeful foresight then as we were always a Sakamoto injury away or , loss of form away from going back to a back 3. Mcfadzean is better than any of the defenders we currently have in a back 3. Kitching and Thomas have potential but right now lack consistency. we needed Mcfadzean and i doubt being the warrior he is that he wanted out because he was told he had to fight for the shirt. He must have been told he had no future at the club, which if the case, was utterly ridiculous.
That’s absolute nonsense

TomRad85

They are both average Championship players - For all the talk of how Collins is by far the superior goalie I am yet to actually see that much of a difference

Like it or not, you could have Baresi, Cannavaro and Maldini playing in front of you - If your goalkeeper is as shite as you are making Wilson out to be, you do not get to a play off final, end of
Jesus Christ don't even know where to start.

TomRad85

@Evo1883 where's that little chart comparing the 2 keepers pal? Just for those that need to see a graphic again as they clearly aren't watching games.

alexccfc99

This was before yesterday's game , where Wilson also conceded both shots he faced on target again
That's not the point - He could have done nothing about those goals

Milan got absolutely done for the first goal and the central defenders were a fucking embarrassment for the second

If Wilson's clean sheets are down to the work of what is in front of him, then so are the two goals we conceded last night

Sky Blue Pete

Milan got absolutely done for the first goal and the central defenders were a fucking embarrassment for the second

If Wilson's clean sheets are down to the work of what is in front of him, then so are the two goals we conceded last night
He couldn’t have done anything about the goals last night

Evo1883

Fair enough , most stats back Collins up either way

Sick Boy

I've stated on this thread that I want a new keeper in the summer and whoever out of Wilson and Collins is happy to stay on as No. 2 can stick around

That being said on his track record I have not a lot of faith in Robins to recruit a top, top goalie
I just don’t think he’s seen it as a major priority compared to outfield players.

Evo1883

I've stated on this thread that I want a new keeper in the summer and whoever out of Wilson and Collins is happy to stay on as No. 2 can stick around

That being said on his track record I have not a lot of faith in Robins to recruit a top, top goalie

I actually don't understand what Collins has done wrong ? Fans claiming he should catch shots ? Weird to me to be honest

Brighton Sky Blue

Until Sheaf returns, would go with this until the end of the season:

Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Torp
Palmer/Tavares COH/Allen Wright/JD
Simms/Tavares

I would rather see some awkwardness in a wide right position than a system packed with defensive players which still leaks goals but also robs us of attacking threat. Maybe even try Tavares down the middle-with the play offs now surrendered in the space of two games there can’t be much harm trying.

Evo1883

That Jesus fella wasn't very good on crosses either .
Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

TomRad85

I actually don't understand what Collins has done wrong ? Fans claiming he should catch shots ? Weird to me to be honest
This is it. I think he's being judged extremely harshly. He ranks high for saves and he's also a pretty decent passer which helps us build from the back. If we can get better great, as with any player, but he's in a different league to Ben Wilson.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is it. I think he's being judged extremely harshly. He ranks high for saves and he's also a pretty decent passer which helps us build from the back. If we can get better great, as with any player, but he's in a different league to Ben Wilson.

Even that Maidstone keeper did a far better job commanding his area than Wilson typically does.

alexccfc99

I think he does a job, and that is it

I don't think either of them can deliver a ball and I have zero faith in either of them to save a penalty if it come to it

They are both No. 2 goalies in my opinion

Evo1883

Annoyed about last night and I rarely shoot down the gaffa .

Latibeaudiere is being picked and keeping better players out .

Same with dasilva
Same with Wilson

There is an argument to play Kelly next to torp to bring some stability to our non existent midfield ?

Kitching cost 4 mill yet doesn't seem favoured ?

Why has godden been completely pushed away when we are chasing goals he's still a viable option to bring on when your 12 million pound partnership can't hit a barn door ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Annoyed about last night and I rarely shoot down the gaffa .

Latibeaudiere is being picked and keeping better players out .

Same with dasilva
Same with Wilson

There is an argument to play Kelly next to torp to bring some stability to our non existent midfield ?

Kitching cost 4 mill yet doesn't seem favoured ?

Why has godden been completely pushed away when we are chasing goals he's still a viable option to bring on when your 12 million pound partnership can't hit a barn door ?
Can only think what’s going through Godden’s mind as he watches Simms shank every single effort miles off target.

skyblueinBaku

At least the missus is currently making a large pork pie from scratch for my birthday.
She just informed me she's ruined the crust so has to go out for a quick shop.
I can provide other updates if anyone's more interested in that than this game.
I'll have a slice if I may.

Users who are viewing this thread