West Ham Fan In Peace (1 Viewer)

WestHamFan2011

Hello, everyone.

West Ham fan in peace here, basically I'm going to our game at your place in two week's time, with some mates. We will sit in the South Stand, Block 7, Row T, Seats 23-25, what I wanted to know as whereabouts these seats would be, is it in the middle, in the corner etc and if it has a good view.

Thanks in advance
WestHamFan2011

Otis

Hello, everyone.

West Ham fan in peace here, basically I'm going to our game at your place in two week's time, with some mates. We will sit in the South Stand, Block 7, Row T, Seats 23-25, what I wanted to know as whereabouts these seats would be, is it in the middle, in the corner etc and if it has a good view.

Thanks in advance

WestHamFan2011

You get a pretty good view anywhere in the Ricoh to be honest.

Do you want the 3 points now or would you rather take the journey up and make a day of it all?

Grendel

I hope you can count beyond 5 as I expect a goal feast in your favour. A very humiliating day beckons I fear.

The problem with those seats are the huge metal supporting bars that come from the roof. Anywhere else and you would have been fine its just those seats.

Jeees you wait till you see us, we are predictable.

torchomatic

rob9872

You get a pretty good view anywhere in the Ricoh to be honest.

Do you want the 3 points now or would you rather take the journey up and make a day of it all?

Quality Otis. Love it mate, nearly splurted coke all over the screen reading that :D

rob9872

*I should probably point out that's from a can and not snorted from a twenty ;-)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
eh? We're unpreditacble so it should be a cracking match.

Well we're pretty predictable tbf! And I predict your'll go home with all 3 points (easily) and your'll do your goals 'for' column the world of good playing us :)

I hope you enjoy the experience of coming to Coventry (count yourself lucky you get to leave after :) )

I'm dreading this match! Out of interest, how is that Ex-Villa scumbag John Carew doing for you guys? A mate of mine is a Villa fan and raves about him to this day...

rob9872

He's B.I.Gir than me or you

sky_blue_up_north

Greatest game ever at Highfield Road was against the Hammers in the League Cup. West 'Am 2 up at half time, we came back and won 3-2. West Ham won the reply 2-0. Gorden Milne era, we have some great youngester, Mark Hateley, Danny Thomas, Les Sealey... and a great old head Gerry Daly in midfield

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Greatest game ever at Highfield Road was against the Hammers in the League Cup. West 'Am 2 up at half time, we came back and won 3-2. West Ham won the reply 2-0. Gorden Milne era, we have some great youngester, Mark Hateley, Danny Thomas, Les Sealey... and a great old head Gerry Daly in midfield

We won 3 2 yet there was still a replay???

smileycov

Facebook User
^^^^garyThompson scored at both ends in first leg! they scored from free kick in last 5 mins to put us out i think!! 1980.

tippex9

2 legs. Won home leg 3-2 lost away leg 2-0 after extra time. My dad made us leave at 2-1 down in first leg!! Heard last two goals on radio.

Never left a game early since!! Lol

joemercersaces

Now we're talking. 1981 was it. 2-0 down and out at home in the first leg with a crowd of 38,000. Last few minutes Garry Thompson struck and we won 3-2. Just like the previous round, the 5 - 0 against Watford I remember being to the left of the goal in the West End when we scored and ending up somewhere down by the right corner when we stopped celebrating (a bit like away at Man U a few years ago when we fell over about two rows).

Away leg 10,000 Cov. Standing in the corner of the away end (South Bank) and west Ham diving into us from the upper tier of the stand alongside. Bottles raining down. eerie walk back to the car through deserted streets (they were all down where the coaches were smashing them up). Losing by a goal but seemingly getting stronger as extra time loomed then a great free kick finished us off.

For the Happy Hammer come in peace it will be a guaranteed brilliant day out for you. Your fans will be able to take the piss royally and enjoy the game. Most away fans seem to like coming here.

Flying Fokker

Not quite. I was there as well. Great team and Garry Thompson made amends for his mistake early on.
But for me it was the 5-4 victory against Norwich on Boxing day in 77? 3 penalties and a last minute save from Jim Blyth.

neilyboy67

yeah we had a cold trip back on the terrys coach as west ham gave their version of an air conditioned coach 1981 style, remember that yellow kit? distraught after the game so close to wembley

TheRoyalScam

Not a replay but a second leg - it was the League Cup semi-final played over two legs.

We were pretty good back then.

And we had a proper board with a chairman who didn't lie to us.

And we knew who the shareholders were.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thanks all! Im too young to remember them good old days (in fact 1981, I wasnt even born).

One good thing about being a young supporter is that I might, just might be around to see our next period of being good (I wont hold up too much hope though) :D

shazula

Facebook User
Not quite. I was there as well. Great team and Garry Thompson made amends for his mistake early on.
But for me it was the 5-4 victory against Norwich on Boxing day in 77? 3 penalties and a last minute save from Jim Blyth.
that woz year i went 2 game with gastric flu and came out and threw up all over Jimmy Hill's car lol

Macca

now admittedly I'm a grumpy sod but that phrase "(insert club) fan here, in peace" on forums really gets on my tits:D

think it originated on 606

rob9872

I've posted similar before Macca, but then I guess I'm a grumpy sod too.

City fans could only respond on alternative boards as "fan in pieces"

Users who are viewing this thread