Westwood and Healy? (1 Viewer)

im-confused

I've read that apparently Everton are expected to make a move for Westwood within the next 48 hours. If so, surely to god Coleman would reject the bid?! Especially after the comments he made regarding having no time to find a replacement!

Another thing I read.. Apparently we could be bringing David Healy to the ricoh, as he hasn't even started for Sunderland yet after moving from Fulham.

What are your guys thoughts?

simmouk

Administrator
I haven't really even read the second part of that post to be honest because I've just mentally shit myself at the prospect of using selling Westwood because we just don't have anyone of the same calibre to replace him, let alone the time to find anyone, because I just don't think there is anyone else of his standard who'd want to play for us!

I hope Coleman does reject a bid if it's made...BUT...will Ranson and SISU? That is the question! They are the money men after all and they want something back from their investment!

Can't really see the Healy deal being on though...especially as you said, he hasn't started with the Black Cats yet! But football is a funny old game and clubs aren't that unlikely to do things like that! "Yep, we'll get that guy from that team, but before he get's here, we'll loan him out to someone else!" Crazy.

Anyway bugger that, I'm worried about Westwood! PLEASE DONT GO!

czech_boi

Honestly i cannot see Westwood leaving, Chris Coleman has apparently put a 10 million pound price tag on him to make sure he is not snapped up before the end of the window, and honestly if someone is stoopid enough to offer 10 million, i say take it

simmouk

Administrator
Well the transfer deadline has passed and he is still here! Apparently Carlisle fans are annoyed because selling him would have meant a 25% cut off the deal would go to them as part of a sell-on clause - sorry Carlise! Not! lol. And yes Coleman has put a £10million pound price tag on him, as a way of detering would be buyers and also as a valuation of the amount if would take to replace him if he were ever sold. I'm just glad we didn't sell him! Although a bit miffed that the only activity in the remaining days of the window closing was McKenzie out!

SWSkyBlue

Facebook User
I'm relived the Westwood gossip was just that! At least we still have the makings of a decent team, its just a little light on numbers! Lets hope the last 2 results were a blip and after the international break things pick up!

simmouk

Administrator
It certainly will be interesting to see how we fare against teams who have brought in new faces, I just hope that not having anyone new means that the current crop of players can gel together better and become more of a unit rarther than having to adjust to new players style of play etc. Thats my theory anyway!

im-confused

It certainly will be interesting to see how we fare against teams who have brought in new faces, I just hope that not having anyone new means that the current crop of players can gel together better and become more of a unit rarther than having to adjust to new players style of play etc. Thats my theory anyway!

40% theory... 60% hope! lol

Users who are viewing this thread