Westwood, Eastwood and Wood! (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

Well according to the CT it looks as if Westwood will be announced today, Coleman wants Richard Wood from Wednesday and Eastwood is 'still keen' on joining City:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...y-set-to-sign-keiren-westwood-92746-21093620/

Coventry City set to sign Keiren Westwood

Jun 18 2008 By Andy Turner

CHRIS COLEMAN was today set to make his third signing of the close season after Carlisle United goalkeeper Keiren Westwood agreed to join Coventry City.
The Cumbrian's outstanding Player of the Year was due to put pen to paper on a three year deal at the Ricoh Arena and be unveiled at a midday press conference, switching from Brunton Park for an undisclosed fee.
The 23-year-old, who was recently called up by the Republic of Ireland -although yet to earn his first cap - was named in League One's Team of the Season after an impressive campaign during which he kept 19 clean sheets and helped Carlisle to the play-offs.
City's capture of the keeper finally ends their interest in Manchester City's Kasper Schmeichel.
An excellent shot-stopper, Westwood is also commanding in the box and scooped all the club's and supporters' clubs player of the season awards, totalling six in all.
Rated by some as one of the best keepers outside the Premier League, Westwood was the subject of interest from a number of clubs, including from the Premiership, but once again City have won their target over with the fact that he is likely to get plenty of games rather than be second or third choice to a No.1. Westwood follows the signing of midfielders Guillaume Beuzelin and Aron Einar Gunnarsson.
Meanwhile, City are understood to be interested in Sheffield Wednesday centre-back Richard Wood.
The 22-year-old Owls' skipper has come up through the ranks at Hillsborough and supporters may recall he was the man who grabbed a last minute equaliser against the Sky Blues in April to deny the side three points that would have given the club a decent cushion between the relegation zone at the time.
Coleman is still looking to strengthen in a number of positions and that includes at centre-half.
And despite reports from Wales that Freddy Eastwood wants to go to Cardiff City, it is understood that the transfer-listed Wolves striker is still very much keen to move to the Ricoh.
The only sticking point in the deal appears to be the fee, with Wanderers still demanding £1.5 million for the player - the figure they paid Southend 12 months ago.

Westwood's now official: http://www.ccfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10269~1330012,00.html

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It is good to see they are still signing young players of a high class :)

Hopefully he will come in and prove him self the same as Dann and Fox :)

As for Eastwood it is always reported one minute he wants to come here, then Cardiff, then here. If he isn't that sure he wants to play for us we should forget about him I think.

Dan

Well pleased with the Westwood signing. I guess Kasper is out the window then? Still I bet Weswood will be on less than half of his wages and hopefully he’ll turn out to be better. He’s highly rated so yet another quality, youthful signing! Really liking this…

As for Eastwood I’m not sure… When he was at Southend he looked decent, but at Wolves he was below average… Personally I’d prefer we look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread