westwood? (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
just read a thread on bbc606 saying that westwood didnt want to sign a contact at coventry and apparently the source was the coventry telegraph. Can anyone confirm this or is it just more 606 bullshit! i live in devon so dont really hav a close outlet lol. Hopefully it is bollocks otherwise it would be looking quite bad for us!

PUSB Hamil

smileycov

Facebook User
Aidy did say to the telegraph, that he and the agent want him to sign, but westwood doesnt as yet!

hamil99

Facebook User
doesnt look good...screw king pay westwood another 10k a yr, he'll save more goals than king will score for certain!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
doesnt look good...screw king pay westwood another 10k a yr, he'll save more goals than king will score for certain!

A couple of weeks ago I might have agreed with you there however as it stands King wants to play for this club and Aidy's comments in the Coventry Telegraph today suggest Westwood doesn't want to sign despite being urged to do so by CCFC and his agent.

I will always give more support to players who want to be here over those who don't. Westwood is a fantastic goalie and has been a great servant to CCFC over the past couple of seasons but keeping players who don't want to be here is bad news... so as Aidy says it's decision time for Westwood. I hope he doesn't plan on running down his contract because it would turn out to be a bitter end to what has otherwise been a great relationship between Westy and the CCFC fans, I'd rather he was sold now.

skybluewill

i think the best we can hope for is that he is making us sweat for more wages but i fear losing him he is a great keeper

gouldberg

I have to admit, not sure if it was just me, but his waves to the fans at the end of the Derby game seemed to be a little emotional and go on for longer than normal.

Him not starting in goal today does seem to end it though. I get the feeling that if it wasn't for Quirke being injured today, he may not have made the squad at all.

covboy9

hes off to spurs, cov will move quickly for joe murphy or ben williams, but williams is injured so prob murphy

Disorganised1

If you'd said Arsenal I'd have believed it, but not Spurs.

If you'd said Arsenal I'd have believed it, but not Spurs.

Nah, I read during the January transfer window that Harry Redknapp had his eyes on three Championship keepers: Peterborough's goalie (I forget his name), Scott Loach and Westy.

It makes sense in a way, as I can't see Arsene Wenger spending money on an untried keeper to head up one of the top four teams in the Premiership, especially as his pursuit of Schwarzer's been in the headlines for so long.

Then again, I can't see Westy dislodging Gomes or Cudicini...

But Joe Murphy is a quality keeper, I'll agree!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Westwood will leave,thats 100 % certain.He will wait till the end of his contract,that way he will get ALOT more wages than if he left now,as the club he joins would'nt have to pay a fee.Lets just forget about it now and get on with the season!!!

CurryMonster

boothroyd given him an ulitmatum, he has two weeks to decide if he wants to stay or he's out

T

TrevorsathisPeake

What does he's out mean though.Does it mean get rid now for a fee,or at the end of his contract.Westwood is pulling the strings,as ive said before,it's in his best intrests to run his contract down,and thats what he will do.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

He will want to sell in January,yes,but will Westwood want to go in January,or will teams be willing to pay a fee when they can get him for free in summer,i doubt it.He will be here until the summer i'm afraid,then he will have his pick of clubs.

Hincha

My reliable source stated westwood 100% wants to leave and nothing is going to change his mind, he doesn't know who he's going to and that he might be gone by tommorow!! And if he doesn't he will definitely go in january early reports say of he goes by tommorow it will be sunderland.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
My reliable source stated westwood 100% wants to leave and nothing is going to change his mind, he doesn't know who he's going to and that he might be gone by tommorow!! And if he doesn't he will definitely go in january early reports say of he goes by tommorow it will be sunderland.

And what reliable source would that be?

Hincha

he's never really told me transfer news before, but he gets the squad right atleast a couple of hours before the match.

Nick

Administrator
I would like him to stay but if he doesn't want to he doesn't want to.

Keep him on the bench and get a new number 1 in :)

covladzak

Too F**king Right!:D
As well as Fathers that take their kids to the Ricoh won't have to answer the question "Dad Whats A Sociopath?"
Or, "Dad I Want To Be A Sociopath Like Marlon King When I Grow Up." If King signs....;);)

hamil99

Facebook User
I've heard the westwood for keane rumour to, don't get me wrong I'd love him to come to cov and he wud score as many goals as westwood wud save, but I don't see it happening. On the other hand bellamy dropped dwn a league in his prime plus carsley is back at cov who keane knows from his sky blues stint and also the Ireland setup....still don't think it will happen, food for thought though.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Robbie Keane coming to us!!!!,is this a wind up??? I've heard no rumours and if i did i'd think it was a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread