Westy, King and Gunnar (1 Viewer)

Snozzer

Westy and King have apparently rejected their contracts but Gunnar likely to sign his. Thoughts? Do we now boo King for being a sex offender if he plays against us next season? :)

sy79

Whats with the negative waves so early in the morning!!!!! Well lets hope we can revise our offer to kingy atleast! But if he moves on i'll still be a big fan......well unless its to villa or leicester but thats a given!!!:D

covey1987

I would not be totally surprised at that but would like to know your sources? :thinking about:As for booing King definate NO!! he has brought class to the team & played a massive part in keeping us in the championship!! More like a standing ovation, unless he goes to Leicester then massive amount of booing (joke:D).

SkyBlueMania

Gunnar has said it will take 4-6 weeks to sort out the contract offer so i think this is a bit of an assumption.

With reference to booing King, get real, the man has been fantastic for us this second half of the season.

im-confused

Marlon said himself that he would think about the contract offer after the season has ended. I think he'll look at it then like he said.

bamalamafizzfazz

Westy and King have apparently rejected their contracts but Gunnar likely to sign his. Thoughts? Do we now boo King for being a sex offender if he plays against us next season? :)

You have no proof at all. This is pure speculation and fear mongering. Gunnar has said that a contract has been offered but basically as we have left it so late in the day he is now going to keep us waiting before making a decision whilst in the meantime considering offers from other clubs. King is quoted by AT as being happy with his offer and says that he enjoys the club and the fans and nothing else. Westwood has said fuck all! His actions however at the end of the Reading game spoke louder than words.
Yes there are paper rumours about our players but I pay no attention, far too many 'rumours' are just made up to sell more papers to gullible people.
Don't take it personally but unless you know something everyone else doesn't then state in your post that this is what you believe might happen not 'apparently' this is what has happened.

im-confused

You have no proof at all. This is pure speculation and fear mongering. Gunnar has said that a contract has been offered but basically as we have left it so late in the day he is now going to keep us waiting before making a decision whilst in the meantime considering offers from other clubs. King is quoted by AT as being happy with his offer and says that he enjoys the club and the fans and nothing else. Westwood has said fuck all! His actions however at the end of the Reading game spoke louder than words.
Yes there are paper rumours about our players but I pay no attention, far too many 'rumours' are just made up to sell more papers to gullible people.
Don't take it personally but unless you know something everyone else doesn't then state in your post that this is what you believe might happen not 'apparently' this is what has happened.

Even Jesus never spoke wiser words.. mostly because Jesus spoke Israeli or something :D

skybluesteve76

Here here!

rob9872

Even Jesus never spoke wiser words.. mostly because Jesus spoke Israeli or something :D

They could still be wise in a foreign language but the most likely reason for him not having done so is that he never existed :)

im-confused

They could still be wise in a foreign language but the most likely reason for him not having done so is that he never existed :)

Ohh it's actually been proven that someone of the name Jesus Christ was born on 25th december in the year that started it all. Whether he was the son of god was the big question. Or maybe he just told the ladies he was ;)

rob9872

Who are the idiots who write for the Telegraph? It's not helpful in their article of speculative tripe about Leicester entering the race to saign him if they keep referring to him as the "ex-jailbird striker". We all know about his past, how is he supposed to remain rehabilitated if he must wear this tag forever and in a paper which should be supporting him.

covcity4life

rumours

gut feeling is all 3 will ask for more or leave,cant see anyone simlply taking terms offered bu heres hoping

hamil99

Facebook User
Not revealing my source but they indicated yesterday that they are unlikely to sign

Don't bother posting if ur trying to make a legitimate point, speculative, fair play, but don't want to reveal ur sources, quoting 606 "WUM"!

ajsccfc

Between someone giving us a scoop from an unnamed source and CCFCBen telling us 'Hi I'm on the board', we've really got some insiders here haven't we?

Yours,
Steve Harrison.

smileycov

Facebook User
Between someone giving us a scoop from an unnamed source and CCFCBen telling us 'Hi I'm on the board', we've really got some insiders here haven't we?

Yours,
Steve Harrison.

Ha ha quality post!!!

i love it.......Andy Thorn

ashbyjan

Judging by the body language after the game on Sat - Westy off for definite and good luck to him wherever he goes be that Celtic or Villa, been great for us, not messed club around, told them his intentions and never let us down or gave less than 100% in any subsequent games. Marlon will be offski simply because he is 31, this will be his last chance to get a signing on fee and a decent contract and there can't be many clubs who cannot offer more than us - again good luck to him, done a decent job here and once AT got us playing to his strengths he scored the goals that have kept us up. Will applaud him if and when he returns to the Ricoh. Gunnar looked like he was saying goodbye as well and again good luck Puffin Muncher - just find a coach who will nurture your undoubted talent as you still have a lot to learn. AT and H could have done that and I am sure if no better offers come in he may be the one who stays as he has youth on his side, is settled in area, likes the new set up and style so maybe. But as I see it, without any inside knowledge or friends in high places Westy Definately Off Marlon Definately Off Gunnar Probably Off.

bamalamafizzfazz

Fair analysis ashbyjan but I still think with Marlon if he moves somewhere else his past will still be a stumbling block for supporters of any new club he joins. At City all that is behind him now, he has had a good few months after a shaky start which included missing seven games through suspension and for me his work here is not complete. The fact that he is 31 I think is within our favour as would he want to put himself and his family through it all again? With a full pre season playing under a manager who he knows he can work for and with players he enjoys playing along side I strongly believe that Marlon King will be a Sky Blue come first game of next season.
Of course I have no sources- this is my own opinion (and hopes) :p

Snozzer

Why not reveal my source? Because if I do I doubt I'll get much info again. I was told yesterday that they have both indicated they won't sign, thought it would be of interest so thought I'd post it up. Could well be wrong but have no reason to doubt it's accuracy whatsoever. Will keep the snippets to myself if not of interest :(

skyblu3sk

Why not reveal my source? Because if I do I doubt I'll get much info again. I was told yesterday that they have both indicated they won't sign, thought it would be of interest so thought I'd post it up. Could well be wrong but have no reason to doubt it's accuracy whatsoever. Will keep the snippets to myself if not of interest :(

Ignore them more than welcome to give snippets. if people don't want to believe them they won't

Snozzer

Cheers, precisely people can make their own mind up. I doubt anyones actually surprised by it anyway? from what I hear westy isn't the best dressing room influence in the club either and think we could replace him reasonably well, King will be far harder.

LastGarrison

I'd prefer it if they combined the money that we have offered Westwood and Gunnar and added it to Kings and just offered him the big money contract he is after!!

If this is to be his last proper pay day why don't we stump up the cash as a player of his quality is essential to this club going forward.

sy79

I'd prefer it if they combined the money that we have offered Westwood and Gunnar and added it to Kings and just offered him the big money contract he is after!!

If this is to be his last proper pay day why don't we stump up the cash as a player of his quality is essential to this club going forward.

My heart would love this to happen but my brain thinks its crazy talk!:D

rob9872

That would be wrong to have anyone in the dressing room getting those crazy sums. Even more so if there is nobody even comparable and it would be highlighted every time he was injured/suspended too.

I hope he signs on a market rate contract for his ability or that we are able to invest that money wisely in alternatives. I would love for him to be here next year but not if it jeopardises our very existence.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
That would be wrong to have anyone in the dressing room getting those crazy sums. Even more so if there is nobody even comparable and it would be highlighted every time he was injured/suspended too.

I hope he signs on a market rate contract for his ability or that we are able to invest that money wisely in alternatives. I would love for him to be here next year but not if it jeopardises our very existence.

Totally agree. Whats the point of all the financial pain if the Board then throw it out of the window for one player. To do that would also stir up unrest in the dressing room and probably lead to all sorts of problems

SkyBlue_Bear83

Westwood is gone barring a U turn by him.

Gunnar - I feel he wants to stay now tbh. He speaks very highly of Thorn an seems to be enjoying the style of play and enjoying his football again, playing in a more central role than out on the right flank where Aidy stuck him. Any move for Gunnar will be sideways or abroad so I feel he will sign

King - Tough one to call. I think he does genuinely appreciate what the club and fans have done for him but also is considering the finance of moving to another club. IMO I feel he owes us another year, we took the gamble on him helped him regained his fitness and have paid him a good wage as well, an what have we had in return? 2 months of good form. No he definitely owes us another year.

But realistically I think he may be heading abroad, it will be like a fresh start for him with no body judging him, good wage and no abuse from opposition fans. It makes sense to me for King to go abroad tbh

bamalamafizzfazz

Exactly, better to have a full squad than two or three quality players that if one or two get injured the whole team suffers. Marlon King may be the best player we have but he certainly is not TOO good for us. He is quality by no doubt but for me only at a championship level will he be as good. Q.P.R and Festa are the only teams who have a ridiculous amount of money in the Championship and I don't think the Rs would gamble on trying him out in the Premiership. Leicester is a different story but has their season overall been that much better than ours?
IF it is not all about money which I don't think it is, then Marlon should stay.

ajsccfc

The only thing worse than someone claiming to have sources is to then weakly threaten to withdraw the information when rightly questioned about them.

Users who are viewing this thread