What’s it all about? (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

I've only been teaching a few years in Brum and I don't wanna come across as saddle brains but my honest opinion is that 60-70 percent of the kids diagnose themselves with autism, anxiety or depression. I feel like gender issues is just another thing for most of them that they decide they have because they see it online or bombarded with it at school.

Mental health is real. But alot of these kids that say they have it do not. I didn't hear these words when I was a kid and maybe that's why I was happy at school?

NOW I'm not saying mental health isn't real because I know how real it is trust me but still doesn't mean everyone has it.
Literally everyone has mental health. I think you mean mental ill health.

covcity4life

Mental health is real. Schools have no idea how to deal with it. Especially building resilience.
Yup but every kid thinks they are a doctor

The amount of kids tell me they have depression and then 2 days later they are fine. Because what really happened was they argued with a friend that day etc

Same with autism." I cant sit still sir it's cos I've got autism and that's why I swear at other teachers. "

"Have you been diagnosed?"

"No but I've got it."

shmmeee

The amount of kids tell me they have depression and then 2 days later they are fine. Because what really happened was they argued with a friend that day etc

Same with autism." I cant sit still sir it's cos I've got autism and that's why I swear at other teachers. "

"No but I've got it."

Oh definitely.

Brighton Sky Blue

"No but I've got it."
Once had a student who literally ate his own worksheet. Claimed he'd seen on TikTok that there was dietary fibre in it

Grendel

How isnt it mental health?

'I have a cock but i want a fanny' or vice versa. 'I'm a them'

I know il get leathered for that view but fuck it. I'm really pleased that Homosexuality isn't as frowned upon as it was years back, as no one should feel abused or persecuted for being gay, same with the progress being made with racism, and how we are better off as society now in regards to that as we were a while back
This is rather offensive

JulianDarbyFTW

I remember reading a fascinating article about the dancing plague, in which hundreds of people supposedly died due to a dancing frenzy

The modern-day explosion in the number of trans identifying people reminds me of this - it's a form of social contagion. There are some people who want to feel unique, or special, or have some attention or control in their lives, or feel that they are different and altering their gender may make them feel more 'normal'. A significant number are autistic or have other neurodiversities. Activists use violent rhetoric to persuade and influence and recruit, often targetting those with vulnerabilities, whilst also stifling debate on the issue. But there needs to be debate - there is a clear clash between women's rights and modern trans rights. I don't claim to speak for women on this issue, but my understanding is that 'old school' trans people were broadly accepted by women, whereas modern-day trans are not simply because a significant number do not appear to be anything other than chalatans roleplaying at being women rather than having true dysphoria.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I remember reading a fascinating article about the dancing plague, in which hundreds of people supposedly died due to a dancing frenzy

The modern-day explosion in the number of trans identifying people reminds me of this - it's a form of social contagion. There are some people who want to feel unique, or special, or have some attention or control in their lives, or feel that they are different and altering their gender may make them feel more 'normal'. A significant number are autistic or have other neurodiversities. Activists use violent rhetoric to persuade and influence and recruit, often targetting those with vulnerabilities, whilst also stifling debate on the issue. But there needs to be debate - there is a clear clash between women's rights and modern trans rights. I don't claim to speak for women on this issue, but my understanding is that 'old school' trans people were broadly accepted by women, whereas modern-day trans are not simply because a significant number do not appear to be anything other than chalatans roleplaying at being women rather than having true dysphoria.
Surely it should be called dance fever?

Ian1779

Before we start using words to describe the supposed masses we are still only talking about 0.2% of the population here.

Sick Boy

I know il get leathered for that view but fuck it. I'm really pleased that Homosexuality isn't as frowned upon as it was years back, as no one should feel abused or persecuted for being gay, same with the progress being made with racism, and how we are better off as society now in regards to that as we were a while back

But this whole transgender 'I identify as a fucking loaf of soda bread' bollocks is attention seeking mental weirdo behaviour
I suspect in 20 years the same will be said about your last paragraph.

Grendel

Unfortunately

It’s the sweeping assertion that the condition - the actual condition - is some kind of mental health issue. That implies it’s something that can be treated.

Unfortunately it can not.

Where this whole thing falls down is the radicalisation of the movement

shmmeee

I suspect in 20 years the same will be said about your last paragraph.

I really doubt it TBH.

And gender dysphoria can absolutely be resolved or managed in many cases. The idea that it’s a “true trans identity” coming out and not a fairly normal part of growing up for a lot of gender non-conforming kids is a dangerous one IMO.

Grendel

Not sure if you mean it that way or not, but there’s a nasty insinuation here about why someone who wasn’t born a woman would want to use women’s spaces. I assume you accept there are reasons for it beyond being “a creeper”?

I would suggest any man who biologically is still male and wants to use a womans space should be treated with suspicion - you are I suspect somewhat naive in this and bought into what is a misleading narrative

Sick Boy

I really doubt it TBH.

And gender dysphoria can absolutely be resolved or managed in many cases. The idea that it’s a “true trans identity” coming out and not a fairly normal part of growing up for a lot of gender non-conforming kids is a dangerous one IMO.
I’m more on about seeing it was a mental health problem.

Grendel

I’m more on about seeing it was a mental health problem.

From my admittedly limited sample size I saw the condition as not any different to being gay if you actually have it

It’s probably worse actually as it’s being trapped in a body that seems wrong. I witnessed pain, self loathing (lots of that) grief, frustration and anger on a fairly regular basis

This was a long time ago and I suppose things perhaps move on but I can’t equate what I see now to what I saw then. It all just seems a bit jolly and a game whereas in my experience it wasn’t

That’s why it irritates me when you see people what I see playing at something and conversely others branding genuine people as weirdos which just isn’t the case

Grendel

I can fairly safely say as well he’d have been horrified at the thought of sharing spaces with women

It’s funny imagining his reaction to that in truth. He’d have been appalled at seeing naked women while he was a man and viva versa and he’d have respected their space. So again I just don’t buy this need.

shmmeee

From my admittedly limited sample size I saw the condition as not any different to being gay if you actually have it

It’s probably worse actually as it’s being trapped in a body that seems wrong. I witnessed pain, self loathing (lots of that) grief, frustration and anger on a fairly regular basis

This was a long time ago and I suppose things perhaps move on but I can’t equate what I see now to what I saw then. It all just seems a bit jolly and a game whereas in my experience it wasn’t

That’s why it irritates me when you see people what I see playing at something and conversely others branding genuine people as weirdos which just isn’t the case

Almost every mental health condition these days seems to get this. A scroll through TikTok will find people playing at ADHD, autism, depression, DID, Tourette’s, all sorts. In the same way my bisexual daughter absolutely cringes at the people who make being LGBTQ their entire personality.

There’s a fine line between advocacy and … whatever the hell we’ve got.

Greggs

But this whole transgender 'I identify as a fucking loaf of soda bread' bollocks is attention seeking mental weirdo behaviour
Progress with Racism? It's as bad as ever thanks to the Press with their George Floyd agenda.

Grendel

Almost every mental health condition these days seems to get this. A scroll through TikTok will find people playing at ADHD, autism, depression, DID, Tourette’s, all sorts. In the same way my bisexual daughter absolutely cringes at the people who make being LGBTQ their entire personality.

There’s a fine line between advocacy and … whatever the hell we’ve got.

The amount of times I have started a post on this subject and deleted it is ridiculous

Fuck it - when at University I had a boyfriend who had gender dysphoria

There I have said it

shmmeee

The amount of times I have started a post on this subject and deleted it is ridiculous

Fuck it - when at University I had a boyfriend who had gender dysphoria

There I have said it

Ive had to say some stuff I’d perhaps rather not to be taken seriously on this too. Fair play.

Grendel

In return he was fortunate to attend the Misplaced Childhood tour at Milton Keynes where the rock chic look really went down very well

If my wife knew my posts on here id now be heading for the divorce courts

harvey098

I was taught by David, now Debbie Hayton

Crikey, I also went to Henries and Dr Hayton was my physics teacher (whilst still David). I didn’t know her female name so just googled her thanks to your post. It’s quite confusing seeing her picture now looking like that but the only thing that matters is that she’s happier.

Grendel

Crikey, I also went to Henries and Dr Hayton was my physics teacher (whilst still David). I didn’t know her female name so just googled her thanks to your post. It’s quite confusing seeing her picture now looking like that but the only thing that matters is that she’s happier.

Shes not happy and regrets having it done

Grendel

Excellent debate on this topic last night on GB News with Peter tatchell (as ever) taking the Trans side but struggling to debate a trans arguing against pre op trans people entering female areas

The trans person I was referring to here was Hayton - the trans community hate her and her views

clint van damme

The trans person I was referring to here was Hayton - the trans community hate her and her views

There was a very good debate on 5live last Saturday night as well on, I think, the Stephen Nolan show.
Don't know if it's still available on iplayer.

Users who are viewing this thread