What a great win today! (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Bell in central role, wide players playing in a triangle and interchanging with two up top....these players have the quality it's just knowing how to make the best use of them. AB didn't it has to be said.

Good for Thorn at the minute but 3 tough games coming up with relegation pressure somewhat off can he now make something of these next 3 games to deserve the job?

Nonleagueherewecome

I raised a concern last night that if his tactics work and we end the season playing free-flowing, passing attacking football...well, SISU may get rid as he's Ransons buddy and not a "name" manager! A bit like the Black error. Alternatively, they may see him as the cheap option I suppose. If they fluke a manager with attributes like this on the cheap, fair play to them I guess. It's worked for Reading and Watford, albeit with coaches rather than scouts.

Remember how we still had pretty rubbish players under Black, who suddenly had the shackles off and actually played WAY ABOVE their potential? Joachim was briefly awesome, but in L2 within a year of leaving us...the Icelandic lad was pants after looking superb...Andy Whing played like a future Prem RB, yet just faded in future years and dropped to L1... Eric Delemaux or however you spelt it was the big signing at 50K...I can't belive that team played like it did. Well, maybe we could have something similar under Thorn? It's a good start, considering we should have beaten Burnley playing a similar way to today.

Nick

Administrator
Keogh did make that shocking mistake when we were passing it round like Brazil but he made up for it with an amazing tackle.

If it was slightly mistimed it would have been a red and a penalty and would have put is in the shite. :facepalm:

InterSkyBlues

Eastwood was terrible and I would be happy not to see him again - what a waste of talent. But....

Jukebox was awesome, came on and made all the difference up front. His disallowed goal I think was a goal but hey ho!

Well done SB - im confused is right in that to many defensive errors but I left the game today ecstatic and really bowled over by what was excellent periods of the game. At times we were brilliant (unfortunately at times we were also dire - but not a while 90 mins as we have seen recently).

Great game lads - well proud today

Nick

Administrator
I have always rated Eastwood but it seems like he needs to be dropped and then come back in to make an impact :(

Which disallowed goal? The one where the keeper dropped it or Clingan's? I couldn't see from where I was.

Users who are viewing this thread