What are Sisu's motives for staying? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I rate Clough as an excellent, truly excellent manager who'd have been ideally suited to a 60s or 70s managerial gig, where a club'd give him time to build.

For his own sake, he should jump as soon as he gets a bigger chance, though!

If we can't go up, the likes of Burton going up give me back a little faith in football, whatever happens next season.

I am not sure he is that good he has been lucky to pick up on the good work of the excellent Rowett and Jimmy. I can see them getting some right whackings next year as I think once Villa are relegated it is going to sink in and they may spend a bit to get back and the same with whoever else goes down.

steve82

Be interesting to see if Burton do the same as Yeovil as I can only see them struggling next year and once the momentum has gone, saying that based only tipping ability they will get promoted

I hope burton do get promoted as its a message to all owners build a steady team, correct recruitment and generally rewards come. Only real changes in the management stakes is when a bigger club has come poaching their up and coming managers.
Question for burton is do they keep the current squad and battle for survival or do they go for survival and if it don't work the success was good and they are well equipped for league 1 or do they sell/release there current squad to make them competitive at championship standard.... With that comes the uncertainty. If it all goes wrong and they are relegated the once stable squad has gone... Like Yeovil found out success was there down fall. I hope not for burtons sake.

higgs

Nigel clough got a handy job there promotion was handed into his lap he couldn't manage it at Sheffield utd

Sky Blue Kid

Burton were left by Jimmy Floyd, in an excellent position for Clough to take charge, they were at one point 10-12 points clear at the top but have been caught by Wigan(MY prediction to win the league by at least 4-5 points a while ago) There slide has not been noticed because even now they are in 2nd place 1 point behind Wigan.... BUT! look at their W,L,D ratio since Feb 22nd...... W3..D4..L3... 6 weeks and 10 games. Not very good, in fact very poor for a team looking to win auto promotion. 21 points dropped :eek: Remind you of anyone?

Sky Blue Kid

Clough left Burton for Derby in 2009???..... Gary Rowett had been in charge since then and it is he that handed over to Jimmy Floyd that took them up to L1. What you're saying is not unlike me saying "I taught Ryan Giggs how to play football, so it's down to me that Man utd have done so well since ;)

J

Jack Griffin

Burton were left by Jimmy Floyd, in an excellent position for Clough to take charge, they were at one point 10-12 points clear at the top but have been caught by Wigan(MY prediction to win the league by at least 4-5 points a while ago) There slide has not been noticed because even now they are in 2nd place 1 point behind Wigan.... BUT! look at their W,L,D ratio since Feb 22nd...... W3..D4..L3... 6 weeks and 10 games. Not very good, in fact very poor for a team looking to win auto promotion. 21 points dropped :eek: Remind you of anyone?

Been looking likely for a while... posted on 20-10-2015
Wigan coming up fast on the inside.. probably nailed on to be champions now.

Ashdown

It is somewhere to lose all there other debt

This small line could basically sum it up. I fully expect us to show a large loss again next Feb, mainly created by substantial multi million pound management charges imposed on the club accounts at some point. This will inevitably be used to offset profit elsewhere in the Group, nullifying tax obligations. Whilst this doesn't necessarily affect the playing budget, it means we won't be rid of the leeches !

Hobo

Don't know wether you've noticed NW, but Burton are in their worst run of form since Jimmy Floyd handed over the reigns to Clough... Just saying ;)

Their run of form and building the club started before Jimmy Floyd. In fact you can go back to Cloughs first stint as manager there....they are in good hands.

Sky Blue Kid

Their run of form and building the club started before Jimmy Floyd. In fact you can go back to Cloughs first stint as manager there....they are in good hands.

Fabulous foundation build and management was done by Jimmy Hill at CCFC but some bad ownership and managers have left us where we are today. I'm not saying Clough didn't start the foundations but Rowett and Jimmy Floyd pushed them higher up the leagues into L1. What I am saying is that since Clough took charge again, their form has been nothing more than a mirror image of CCFC. That's the point I'm trying to put over. Burton's slide hasn't been noticed anywhere near that of CCFC because they're still in 2nd place, albeit losing a massive amount of points in doing so. 21 points lost since Feb 22nd is NOT auto promotion form. that's all ;)

J

Jack Griffin

This small line could basically sum it up. I fully expect us to show a large loss again next Feb, mainly created by substantial multi million pound management charges imposed on the club accounts at some point. This will inevitably be used to offset profit elsewhere in the Group, nullifying tax obligations. Whilst this doesn't necessarily affect the playing budget, it means we won't be rid of the leeches !

The club lost almost £2M this year and additionally didn't pay £1.3M interest charges due to ARVO, in the previous year they didn't pay £2.3M interest. I think that counts as a multi million pound loss.

Users who are viewing this thread