What are the SBT saying!!! (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

Just read the article on CT of todays meeting at the Hilton... Could not understand the following statement the trust made ...

Mr Mokrzycki :

"He added that, if Sisu were to continue as owners with its plans to build a new stadium on the city’s outskirts within “three years”, then talks must take place for home matches at the Ricoh in the interim - not under groundsharing arrangements outside the city, such as at Walsall’s Banks’s stadium."

Is the SBT for real!! .... I thought that majority of the fans want to stay in the Ricoh no matter what!!

Allowing SISU to use the Ricoh in the interim while they build there new small 12,000 capacity tin pot stadium outside of Coventry is just beyond believe to even suggest this and it contradicts everything they have said and it seem to give SISU the green light to do this.
What a waste of my pound.

It's Cuckoo!!!!

I just give up!! I really do.

Do the SBT have such small ambitions... We bang on about how CCFC and Southampton are alike .... Are we F**K

The Southampton fans had bigger ambitions and look where they are ... our beloved SBT seem to horribly lack this and seem happy to stay as a league 1 team at best if we move to such a stadium.

Will the last person to leave please switch off the lights!!! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Sub

crazy!!!!! its in the city limits or not at all as soon as the club is outside the city bounderies it is no longer CCFC i think the SBT has just scored a massive own goal :(:(:(:(

wingy

We're going to slide out of the FL's framework here ,am pretty sure the League have to be convinced of our financial viability for the coming season this weekend.
The talks over the RICOH possibly through the ADMin will have to be concluded in the next week so the coming seasons programme can be determined.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Just read the article on CT of todays meeting at the Hilton... Could not understand the following statement the trust mate ...

Mr Mokrzycki :

"He added that, if Sisu were to continue as owners with its plans to build a new stadium on the city’s outskirts within “three years”, then talks must take place for home matches at the Ricoh in the interim - not under groundsharing arrangements outside the city, such as at Walsall’s Banks’s stadium."

Is the SBT for real!! .... I thought that majority of the fans want to stay in the Ricoh no matter what!!

Allowing SISU to use the Ricoh in the interim while they build there new small 12,000 capacity tin pot stadium outside of Coventry is just beyond believe to even suggest this contradicts everything they have said and seem to give SISU the green light to do this.
What a waste of my pound they are.

It's Cuckoo!!!!

I just give up!! I really do.

Do the SBT have such small ambitions... We bang on about how CCFC and Southampton are alike .... Are we F**K

The Southampton fans had bigger ambitions and look where they are ... our beloved SBT seem to horribly lack this are will be happy to stay a league 1 team at best if we move to such a stadium.

Will the last person to leave please switch off the lights!!! :facepalm:

Maybe the trust are taking what they think is a more realistic view of the eventual outcome if SISU remain than you are? Maybe that's because they know more than you & the wider "Us"?
As for the Southampton fans...I live there & no they didn't have bigger ambitions - they got lucky (as we might yet!) in the owners they got & the subsequent manager (which we might have, or yet get).
Keep your pecker up...the fat lady is is still singing - holding her final note - & there might be another verse left yet too.

Sky Blue Dal

Maybe the trust are taking what they think is a more realistic view of the eventual outcome if SISU remain than you are? Maybe that's because they know more than you & the wider "Us"?
As for the Southampton fans...I live there & no they didn't have bigger ambitions - they got lucky (as we might yet!) in the owners they got & the subsequent manager (which we might have, or yet get).
Keep your pecker up...the fat lady is is still singing - holding her final note - & there might be another verse left yet too.

I really hope so!

wingy

Sorry ... what do you mean??

Can't speak for Yan ,have not read the full article but have heard a statement from ACL that suggested to me that ADMIn talks would probably result with us playing in the RICOH.
Some oppinion reckon it calls SISU's bluff that there is no realistic option of building a new ground elswhere and proves they are indeed Blustering.:confused:

Sky Blue Dal

Can't speak for Yan ,have not read the full article but have heard a statement from ACL that suggested to me that ADMIn talks would probably result with us playing in the RICOH.
Some oppinion reckon it calls SISU's bluff that there is no realistic option of building a new ground elswhere and proves they are indeed Blustering.:confused:

Here's the article when you all got the time. Thanks

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-fans-step-4027684

J

Jack Griffin

That's mad Jan... SISU have to get out, end of story.. there will be no new stadium.. its a bluff, SISU have never built anything have they? Though they've certainly been involved in many administrations.

wingy

By the Way this contradicts Hingsharvests post that confirmation of playing at WALSALL by Friday.

Covcraig@bury

Glad I saved my £1 now !!!!!
Sisu/ACL/ccc/trust OUT !!!!!
Waste of people's time and money .
Where's psgm1 when you need him ?

Godiva

skybluepm2

We've all had enough but the Trust are the ones meant to be fighting tooth and nail on our behalf until the bitter end. Poxy 12,000 seated should be another no-no. Another ten giant leaks back in the demise of this once proud city. This club has been absolutely decimated piece by piece by those scumbags there is absolutely no way back for them! Do they think after 3 years in Walsall that all will be forgiven?! Ta-dah we can finally get access to pie money!!

Very weak statement, get some balls man and stand up for what you believe in.

hill83

We've all had enough but the Trust are the ones meant to be fighting tooth and nail on our behalf until the bitter end. Poxy 12,000 seated should be another no-no. Another ten giant leaks back in the demise of this once proud city. This club has been absolutely decimated piece by piece by those scumbags there is absolutely no way back for them! Do they think after 3 years in Walsall that all will be forgiven?! Ta-dah we can finally get access to pie money!!

Very weak statement, get some balls man and stand up for what you believe in.

Couple of things, do we actually know if they are planning a stadium that small?
Also, the statement says if we negotiate to stay at the Ricoh whilst the ground is being built they will back it, not if we go to Wallsall. Read the quote.

/devils advocate

hill83

Why? A 12,000 seater ground, SISU must really think we're staying in this league for a long time then

Do we actually know it's going to be a 12000 seater, because if so, then yes, that would be ridiculous.

skybluepm2

Couple of things, do we actually know if they are planning a stadium that small?
Also, the statement says if we negotiate to stay at the Ricoh whilst the ground is being built they will back it, not if we go to Wallsall. Read the quote.

/devils advocate

'Whilst being built' still offers some sort of acceptance that we are/would be ok with this happening. They should be refuting any such suggestion...the Ricoh is our home it was specifically built with that intention.

Sky Blue Dal

Do we actually know it's going to be a 12000 seater, because if so, then yes, that would be ridiculous.

For 20m - 30m today ... now what do you think??? Can't see this small start-up stadium attracting any revenues other than just football. Will that give us an advantage in the FFP rules?? No!! by moving there, we will be in around league 1 or 2 for many many years.

Last edited:

hill83

For 20m - 30m today ... now what do you think??? Can't see it attracting any other revenues than just football. Will that give us an advantage in the FFP rules?? No!! Move there, we be in around league 1 or 2 for many many years.

All speculation. All opinion. No facts. Too many exclamation marks.

Sky Blue Dal

Why? A 12,000 seater ground, SISU must really think we're staying in this league for a long time then

That's my concern ... these are the ambitions SISU have for our club. Can people not see this is a massive move backwards if they do actually build this so called stadium.

hill83

That's my concern ... these are the ambitions SISU have for our club. Can people not see this is a massive move backwards if they do actually build this so called stadium.

I agree, IF it's as small as what now appears to be gospel.

Sky Blue Dal

All speculation. All opinion. No facts. Too many exclamation marks.

The fact that they have stated that they are going to build the stadium for £20m - £30m and have found a location to do this straight from the horses mouth is enough to alarm every sky blue supporter. It may be a bluff, which I believe it is but it may not be... Do you really expect the fans are not going to speculate.

Please elaborate how it is all speculations, All opinions, No fact!!

Obviously you know something we don't.

Last edited:

hill83

The fact that they have stated that are going to build the stadium for £20m - £30m and have found a location to do this straight from the horses mouth is enough to alarm every sky blue supporter. It may be a bluff, which I believe it is but it may not be... Do you really expect the fans are not going to speculate.

Please elaborate how it is all speculations, All opinions, No fact!!

Obviously you know something we don't.

Apologies, the money quoted is correct. The rest is speculation.

Sky Blue Dal

I agree, IF it's as small as what now appears to be gospel.

It is not that it appears to be Gospel... It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that spending £30m max to build a stadium today, it would be a stadium with an estimated capacity of 12k - 15k max.

hill83

It is not that it appears to be Gospel... It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that spending £30m max to build a stadium today, it would be a stadium with an estimated capacity of 12k - 15k max.

And as soon as that is confirmed I'll be in agreement with you.

Sky Blue Dal

Tottenham Hotspurs are in a process of building a 56,000 stadium for £430m which will consist of similar additional facilities as we have at the Ricoh ...

I know the land they will be building on will be more expensive as it is in London and also they are a premier league team but for the fact it is costing them £430m to build a 56,00 stadium, do you honestly think a £30m stadium SISU have quoted will be in the capacity of 20k ... no chance .... be lucky if it is 13k max.

http://www.24dash.com/news/local_go...s-to-transform-white-hart-lane-neighbourhoods

Last edited:

cofastreecity

If Jan really did make that statement on behalf of the SBT, then sadly he has lost the plot. I am amazed at this comment as up to now the SBT have been extremely professional.

cloughie

/devils advocate

No we don't but I thought fisher spouted even smaller last week 8,000

For the sake of CCFC SISU MUST GO

italiahorse

We need to not get carried away here and members of the trust have there own opinions don't forget.
The Trusts views should be what the members want in the majority.
Senior members need to just watch this when being interviewed and don't forget the press will distort it just to get a headline.
I have also criticised them in the past for not checking with the members but begin to understand.
Personally I can't see ACL going along with it unless they have a plan to put a roof on for all round use.

italiahorse

I didn't join, and very glad about that
The Trust have shown to me over the past 6 months they are weak Lilly livered liberals who sit on the fence so not to offend anyone.
If the members of the Trust are OK with that then crack on.

Another sit back and criticise keyboard warrior. Get the facts
Just because Its in the Coventry Telegraph after talking to a Trust member does not mean its their view :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread