What are the SBT saying!!! (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

My expanded comment is for the more worthy and is in response to CCFC Michaels post - why not respond to that. In the meantime when home I will produce a list of stadia cost vs capacity to support my put down of you.

Please do I like to see this... preferably stadia being projected or built from last year to now... My point is to point out what type of stadium are we to expect for 20m-30m. That was a statement I was trying to make when I brought up the cost of the new £430m white hart lane super stadium slightly similar but superior to the Ricoh which they have starting work on.

It was making a point that to build just the plush 56k Stands and pitch by taking out the cost of the other surrounding complexes, it will cost them in a region of give or take £150 - £200m, So as it stands today with the prices of land, raw material and labour cost, £20m - £30m will at best get us 12k capacity stadium.

That was the point I was trying to get through but obviously you having a bad habit of putting everyone's post down on this forum and it is really becoming an unhealthy obsession with you.

So please provide me this latest info ... as It would be interesting for me to personally see this.

Steve.B50

That's why the trust are seen to be doing feck all. A total waist of time . With the stance ( on the fence ) there taking no one will take what they say serious . They need to get off the fence and tell them ( all party's ) the supporters of CCFC will not except anything less .
Or are the Trust happy to go along with all this and watch the club ruined ?
They are the " voice " of the fans are they not ? Or have they formed a coalition with all concerned !!
Show your colours Trust, time is running out .

To what and to who?

At present we have one aim, the first battle is to keep in Coventry in Coventry. full stop.

SkyblueBazza

That's why the trust are seen to be doing feck all. A total waist of time . With the stance ( on the fence ) there taking no one will take what they say serious . They need to get off the fence and tell them ( all party's ) the supporters of CCFC will not except anything less .
Or are the Trust happy to go along with all this and watch the club ruined ?
They are the " voice " of the fans are they not ? Or have they formed a coalition with all concerned !!
Show your colours Trust, time is running out .

You're assuming that all fans think the same as you...& are so adamantly closed/opposed to the current owners. I'll grant you that most of us have had enough of them...but if they end up staying & the trust have burnt all their bridges by publicly campaigning to get them out - we end up with a similar SBT/SISU relationship as we currently have between SISU & ACL. That wouldn't help the fans at all.

Bluegloucester

Please do I like to see this... preferably stadia being projected or built from last year to now... My point is to point out what type of stadium are we to expect for 20m-30m. That was a statement I was trying to make when I brought up the cost of the new £430m white hart lane super stadium slightly similar but superior to the Ricoh which they have starting work on.

It was making a point that to build just the plush 56k Stands and pitch by taking out the cost of the other surrounding complexes, it will cost them in a region of give or take £150 - £200m, So as it stands today with the prices of land, raw material and labour cost, £20m - £30m will at best get us 12k capacity stadium.

That was the point I was trying to get through but obviously you having a bad habit of putting everyone's post down on this forum and it is really becoming an unhealthy obsession with you.

So please provide me this latest info ... as I would be interesting for me to personally see this.

Spurs aren't moving, so no or minimal land costs.

Sky Blue Dal

I know, hence no or minimal land costs.

Oh of course they do:facepalm:.. My sister who lives in Tottenham did mention that when I went there for the FA cup match.

I like your opinion on this. The whole stadium and complex is going to cost them £450m... with them already owning the land So just to build the 56k stand and pitch, how much do you think it will cost them. I believe it would be £120m - £150m as they already own the land.

Ok todays value for £30m (not including the price of land to build on in warwickshire) what capacity stadium do you expect SISU to build?

Be interesting to see others opinions.

Last edited:

Bluegloucester

Oh of course they do:facepalm:.. My sister who lives in Tottenham did mention that when I went there for the FA cup match.

I like your opinion on this. The whole stadium and complex is going to cost them £450m... with them already owning the land So just to build the 56k stand and pitch, how much do you think it will cost them. I believe it would be £120m - £150m as they already own the land.

Ok todays value for £30m (not including the price of land to build on in warwickshire) what capacity stadium do you expect SISU to build?

Be interesting to see others opinions.

They will not build a stadium, it makes no economic sense.

Grendel

I am glad to say I agree with you. It aint going to happen.

But just for argument sake ... what kind of capacity stadium can one build in warwickshire for £30m?

They can build one probably the same size as swansea's in the Coventry area

Sky Blue Dal

They can build one probably the same size as swansea's in the Coventry area

For £30m .. Really!!

Swansea capacity is - 20750 at a cost of 27m in 2005 and but final development being at excess of £50m+

In 8 years since it was built, I can imagine that cost of raw material and labour cost for construction has drastically gone up. I believe to build a 20k+ stadia similar to theres now will cost at cheapest in excess 40m - 50m.

Last edited:

Grendel

For £30m .. Really!!

Swansea capacity is - 20750 at a cost of 27m in 2005 and but final development being at excess of £50m+

In 8 years since it was built, I can imagine that cost of raw material and labour cost for construction has drastically gone up. I believe to build a 20k+ stadia similar to theres now will cost at cheapest in excess 40m - 50m.

It depends on the type of ground constructed though. A Ricoh type stadium would be expensive. However a ground such as Sixfields - a basic stadium, or that at Darlington would not. I envisage a Sixfields type construction.

dongonzalos

It depends on the type of ground constructed though. A Ricoh type stadium would be expensive. However a ground such as Sixfields - a basic stadium, or that at Darlington would not. I envisage a Sixfields type construction.

7k capacity at a cost of 6 million surely they only need 2k what a waste?

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread