What could’ve been (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

It’s easy to forget how crazy the past 12 years have been, probably starting in the 2011-12 season.
Yet looking at it with hindsight, almost that has happened has made us a stronger club.

One scenario I often run around my head concerns Mark Robins first spell with us. When you give that some analysis, that spell has been crucial to our recovery.

Scenario 1 is if Robins had not come in at the end of 2012, we would’ve had a double relegation and started the 13-14 season in league 2. The state the club was in at that time there is no way it would’ve survived that. We’d probably had dropped into the national league within a few seasons.

Scenario 2 is if Robins had come in at the end of 2012, but not left for Huddersfield, we probably would’ve gone on to make the playoffs within two seasons and got back in the championship. However at that point I don’t think we would’ve stayed up, Robins would’ve been sacked and we’d never hear from him again.

The fact he did leave I always think left him with a bit of guilt. Him them coming back at our lowest point meant that fans gave him some leeway, and he could make demands of Sisu that would’ve been ignored in his first spell

Hobo

Too much navel gazing. Stick with your Star Trek collection; To go boldly where no man has gone before!

Mucca Mad Boys

Que Serra, Serra…

The journey we’ve been on so far has had a lot of ups and downs! It’s no good looking back and it’s, buts and maybes when we’re in the position we’re in now!

Robins leaving to Huddersfield and coming back for a second spell was ultimately a mutually beneficial thing. Clearly he likes the club and it’s given him the environment to be successful. Some managers find that club and really shouldn’t have left in the first place. Such as Nathan Jones leaving Luton…

Nuskyblue

She always told me she was two tyred!
May 5Th Star Wars GIF by Animanias

Skyblue Bangkok

It’s easy to forget how crazy the past 12 years have been, probably starting in the 2011-12 season.
Yet looking at it with hindsight, almost that has happened has made us a stronger club.

One scenario I often run around my head concerns Mark Robins first spell with us. When you give that some analysis, that spell has been crucial to our recovery.

Scenario 1 is if Robins had not come in at the end of 2012, we would’ve had a double relegation and started the 13-14 season in league 2. The state the club was in at that time there is no way it would’ve survived that. We’d probably had dropped into the national league within a few seasons.

Scenario 2 is if Robins had come in at the end of 2012, but not left for Huddersfield, we probably would’ve gone on to make the playoffs within two seasons and got back in the championship. However at that point I don’t think we would’ve stayed up, Robins would’ve been sacked and we’d never hear from him again.

The fact he did leave I always think left him with a bit of guilt. Him them coming back at our lowest point meant that fans gave him some leeway, and he could make demands of Sisu that would’ve been ignored in his first spell
Maybe Robins would not have been the manager he became if he had not left. Because basically like Nathan Jones ( ex Luton) he found out he is only any good managing the Sky Blues. .

Flying Fokker

. Robins managerial skill since his return, with a continual cycle of player sales is exemplary. A promotion may not have happened as quickly.

Russell Slade and Andy Thorn …We were a pub team.

StrettoBoy

I could have been the fantastic 30+ goals a season striker that would do wonders for our promotion push.

The only things stopping me are that I'm nearly 70, physically unfit and am useless at sport.

☹️

skybluedan

In the bath that your son uses afterwards after football training??

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Funnily enough the cow reminded of this the other day and the boy is 15 now and so happy I never let him get in lol

Users who are viewing this thread