What does this club mean to you? (2 Viewers)

skybluelee

Indoctrinated by dad and brothers into CCFC had my first season ticket aged 5 and started going to away games regularly aged 7/8

Grew up in Tamworth surrounded by fans of the more 'fashionable' Midlands club (and the typical Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea fans etc.) and spent the last 5 years living in the North-East and then down to Leeds where I was again the only Cov fan

Had my fair share of stick over the years but finally in the position where I can give it back a bit now

From having a season ticket at Sixfields to watching us get turned over by Forest Green Rovers in front of 8,000 and seeing Yeovil Town score 6 goals past us - I wouldn’t change the journey we’ve been on for the world and the best is still yet to come
6,300 v FGR. That felt like our lowest point for me as the start to that L2 season was far from inspiring. Freezing cold, a stadium less than 1/5th full. What a journey since that night.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Uncle & Auntie first took me to midweek game vs Sunderland in 1982. Won 6-1 Fell in love straight away and also my dad was the spitting image of Ian Wallace, he had a polaroid picture taken with him when out one night and woke me up to show me when he came home.
Started sneaking to Saturday home games with money I earned from an egg round until I started working and could get a ST.

Have gone with friend over the years and along with my son, his daughter and a lot is about that friends/family and memories, its always about the memories for me, good and bad, my lad still remembers going to Blackburn in the cup and Misfud at Old Trafford, he tries to forget Oxford, Exeter away but they are days out together
Its also the extended families who sit around you, strangers but always speak and the common support and joy when we score. Occasionally bump into people at events like Godiva etc who we sat near over 20 years ago and they will still say hello and "do you remember......"

Always memories and family moments - its why I set up the fund, to try and give that opportunities for others

Covkid1968#

Did you wash your hands? Personal Hygiene is important...
For many years my connection with the City was my club only after my parents passed. i hated that I felt my club was lost and that is what makes this time feel so special. It has mended a broken heart.
The wife’s away for a few days… I’m not even planning to flush the toilet until the day before she comes back… it’s little victories like this that keeps a marriage happy 😎

torchomatic

My first game was on my 7th birthday, October 1972. 1-0 win against Blues. Went sporadically until the 76/77 season when I went to all home games and have ever since. Started going away every now and then from 77/78 and then most away from 82/83.

Son started going when he was 3 and had a ST with me ever since. He's 18 in April.

We went to Sixfields and St Andrews.

I'll keep going until I drop dead.

Travs

I've got vague recollections of the cup win, although i was more interested in playing in the garden at the time (aged 5). My main memory is all the car aerials having blue ribbons tied to them for what seemed like years.

Went to first game in 92, first season ticket in 96, and my first away game was around 96 as well.

Since then followed the club home and away down through all the divisions, and went to Northampton.

Strangely, our return up the divisions has coincided with my own sporting goals taking off, moving away from the area, and subsequently moving back..... and i'm now not remotely a regular at home or away.... i did do a couple of aways last year, but only been up once this year (Oxford)

shmmeee

It’s my link to my Dad as well as so much more. Was never into sport as a kid, my Dad lit up when I got into football around Italia 90 and jumped at the chance to take me to City games.

Never found it particularly easy to connect to him (or anyone the autistic antisocial bugger that I am), but we’ve always got City. I dread the day he can’t make it up any more. Though he’s banned from watching the game on TV with me cos we always lose 🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

My grandad first started going up in the 30s, same time as Clarrie Bourton. The whole family then had season tickets for decades after the war, slowly started dropping off and then in the last 5-10 years on my dad's side it's just me still going to games I think. On my mum's side, the family moved here in the early 60s and my grandad who was into his football from the North East started going to watch CCFC. Then got more into it and had a season ticket for decades afterwards. As he got a bit more frail he stopped going to matches but listened to the game on CWR every weekend, one or two other relatives still go.

Most special and surprising thing though has been Mrs BSB. Met in 2012, she went to her first CCFC game against Shrewsbury in MR's first spell in charge. Wrote her uni dissertation on our exile to Sixfields and got more into the club from that, started going to games regularly in the L2 season. Fast forward to now she's CCFC obsessed, sings all the songs and likes trying to kick bins over if we lose. This is for someone who before had zero interest in football and assumed she wouldn't be safe at games as a woman, now loves the club and the sport.

I don't think that'd be the case at just any other club really.

robbiethemole

got hooked onto it about '60/61, taken to Boxing Day game aged 6, I'm 70 in June so it's been in my blood a long time!!
Mum and Dad used to go in the '30's when we were the Bantams, and then my elder bro ( RIP) used to take me.
Started on my own in '66/67 season on the bus (Marvins) from Rugby, dropped off in Swan lane and straight into the Kop, past the smelly, pissy toilets!
Transfered into the West End about '70 and learnt how to survive very quickly, then into the main stand about '86.
Had to leave it after the final for some years, as work and young family happened, just had odd tickets, then youngest was born in 1997 and started taking more interest again. he used to get freebies from school with SBITC and we started going and sat in the east stand at HR, in the same place as I used to stand on the Kop!!
Since then been ST holders and he's seen more of Wembley than I have recently, as I missed the play-off final on holiday in Turkey, but I found another city fan and we watched it together.

NortonSkyBlue

got hooked onto it about '60/61, taken to Boxing Day game aged 6, I'm 70 in June so it's been in my blood a long time!!
Mum and Dad used to go in the '30's when we were the Bantams, and then my elder bro ( RIP) used to take me.
Started on my own in '66/67 season on the bus (Marvins) from Rugby, dropped off in Swan lane and straight into the Kop, past the smelly, pissy toilets!
Transfered into the West End about '70 and learnt how to survive very quickly, then into the main stand about '86.
Had to leave it after the final for some years, as work and young family happened, just had odd tickets, then youngest was born in 1997 and started taking more interest again. he used to get freebies from school with SBITC and we started going and sat in the east stand at HR, in the same place as I used to stand on the Kop!!
Since then been ST holders and he's seen more of Wembley than I have recently, as I missed the play-off final on holiday in Turkey, but I found another city fan and we watched it together
We were still the Bantams when you started going. I love the near 100 year history of generations of your family and you have passed on the legacy. DNA

Users who are viewing this thread