What Hope, A New Striker ? (1 Viewer)

kg82

West Ham are speculating on getting back to the prem though and they already had a solid base to start off with. Now, if they don't go up this season then they're in BIG trouble. It doesn't make any bids look silly though, I don't really care what other clubs do in the transfer market.

procdoc

if Shane Long is worth that with 12 months on his contract then what is the juke worth? I know long is a proven championship player but does the juke has potential to be better? what do you think?

Covstu

if Shane Long is worth that with 12 months on his contract then what is the juke worth? I know long is a proven championship player but does the juke has potential to be better? what do you think?

I think you are slightly overinflating Jukes ability here, Long is much much better. As for West Ham, they have also offloaded a few players so they have money to spend.....

kg82

Long got 21 goals last season and Juke got 9 and although we know Juke has potential players that have a proven track record are always going to reach a higher price than those with potential. Although I think that price is well over the top!

MatthewWallis

im not being funny, but i cannot see why everyone thinks Juke is the best thing since sliced bread. So he scored a couple of pens last season, and a few not from set pieces but he is very slow, cannot turn with the ball and whenever he has the ball I dont feel confident of scoring, so someone tell me why they think he will notch in about 30 goals this season or is worth about 5 million?

procdoc

im not being funny, but i cannot see why everyone thinks Juke is the best thing since sliced bread. So he scored a couple of pens last season, and a few not from set pieces but he is very slow, cannot turn with the ball and whenever he has the ball I dont feel confident of scoring, so someone tell me why they think he will notch in about 30 goals this season or is worth about 5 million?

were you in the early noughties band Busted? :D

I think this season is a make or break season for the Juke, I have a good feeling he will come good

JCR1987

I think Juke's success this season will massively depend on who (if anyone) we manage to bring in. He did well with King cos Marlon was prepared to do all the running (once he got fit). If we bring in a hustle bustle hold up striker then we're gonna struggle for goals. There's talk of putting McSheffery in there with Juke but I can't see it working. A bit of pace is what we need, even if the stiker with the pace is a bit naff. Another Mifsud would be nice.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well up front he is the only hope we have, so better start backing him and hope he is not sold.

rob9872

The thing with Juke is not that he is a world beater or that he is prolific, but has many attributes to help the team. He needs a regular goalscoring partner, but he is strong, hard working, does score goals, takes the pressure off a partner, young, learning and improving. Add to that, but for a small amount of luck he would have scored considerably more. How many times did he hit the lkwoodwork or a glancing flick fall fortuously at the feet of the keeper who happened to be in that spot? I know this is true of many strikers and some will argue that you create your own luck, but I would be amazed if he was that unlucky again.

He is now more asured of his place which will breed confidence, physically stronger, more mature, more settled, a pre-season under him, more experienced and I expect good things from him. There are no guarantees, but with our position its difficult not to heap pressure on him to perform and for us to expect.

kg82

The thing with Juke is not that he is a world beater or that he is prolific, but has many attributes to help the team. He needs a regular goalscoring partner, but he is strong, hard working, does score goals, takes the pressure off a partner, young, learning and improving. Add to that, but for a small amount of luck he would have scored considerably more. How many times did he hit the lkwoodwork or a glancing flick fall fortuously at the feet of the keeper who happened to be in that spot? I know this is true of many strikers and some will argue that you create your own luck, but I would be amazed if he was that unlucky again.

He is now more asured of his place which will breed confidence, physically stronger, more mature, more settled, a pre-season under him, more experienced and I expect good things from him. There are no guarantees, but with our position its difficult not to heap pressure on him to perform and for us to expect.

I was pretty much going to write that word for word :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

rob9872

Great minds ;)

sparky

Yeh i like juke think his hold up play and the way he can turn a man either way is great and has a good work rate shame my nans probably faster then him tho if he had pace he wudnt b playing for us! But agree wiv a few of u need a pacey goalscoring up top wiv him it will benifit his game and goal ratio! Wonder wot odds u can get for juke hittin the post or bar 10 times or more in a season?

Sutty

Didn't Juke score something like 5 goals in 9 games under AT? He looked extremely effective towards the end of the season.

rob9872

That's true Sutty although what influence and effect King had on those running people out of position I guess time will tell.

Nonleagueherewecome

Back to the comparitive values game..if L2 is 2 league below The Championship, I guess a 30 goal a season L2 striker is probably worth a 3rd of a 20 goal a season Championsip striker to Rotherhams logic. Only in reality, the former is a much bigger gamble-as Freddy alone shows. That's why these guys rarely go for big bucks. Grant Holt was 400k, so 500k is a reasonable gambit for Le Fondre-if it happened. I don't actually think he's close to Holts class, but Rotherham can point to his record and justify a 500k-1m pricetag.

Does anyone know what the record L2 transfer fee is? My long-shot guess is Steve Finnan from Notts C to Fulham for 600k (Keegan era). I know it broke the record at the time. But then everythings undisclosed thesedays.

Users who are viewing this thread