What if? (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

we have brought in a dozen new players on 2 year deals, and we are bottom 2 at christmas
Robins is sacked, and we are left with a bunch of players who we are stuck with

at that point is that the end

Therefore in other words, is this really a final throw of the dice, in that these players and manager perform or that is it?

Nick

Administrator
Surely it will be the same as every football club where the manager has to work with what is there and players in contract?

ajsccfc

Contracted players move clubs all the time, it's unlikely you'd be stuck with them. All a contract is nowadays is Bosman insurance.

Captain Dart

we have brought in a dozen new players on 2 year deals, and we are bottom 2 at christmas

Therefore in other words, is this really a final throw of the dice, in that these players and manager perform or that is it?

I can confidently assure you City will not be bottom at Xmas.

steve82

Applies to any club in league two offering 2 year deals.

There's a club for every mug in football if your demands are realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

A bigger question is how many of these can step up and perform strongly in League 1. It may look like getting a little ahead of ourselves, but if we do go up this season, which is hopefully and looks like the intention, we could be stuck for year 2 unable to move some on and not freeing the budget to bring in better players to help compete again.

Of course that's a significant improvement on the current place we're in, but I'm sure it must be considered when awarding 2 year deals at this level and if that's the case then we should walk the league!

mark82

A bigger question is how many of these can step up and perform strongly in League 1. It may look like getting a little ahead of ourselves, but if we do go up this season, which is hopefully and looks like the intention, we could be stuck for year 2 unable to move some on and not freeing the budget to bring in better players to help compete again.

Of course that's a significant improvement on the current place we're in, but I'm sure it must be considered when awarding 2 year deals at this level and if that's the case then we should walk the league!

I'm sure Robins will be taking that into account. Should be building the Base of a league one squad that you can then add to on promotion to push you to the top end of league 1.

rockdude101

we could be stuck for year 2 unable to move some on and not freeing the budget to bring in better players to help compete again.

Which ironically is opposite to the position we have been in where every off-season results in a new XI being bought in and then the summer is spent on teamwork rather than tactics!

It's good to see that long-term planning is actually being used. If anything, year 2 of the plan should be the better year as each player will be more experienced within the system MR is creating! It also gives MR/CCFC a better negotiating position come January or next Summer, knowing that if we do better than predicted by the wider football community, it will be harder for L1/Champ/Prem clubs to pull players away from the club.

I can't see this 2 year contract plan than anything but a positive.

ceetee

And if they had all been given one year contracts we would have heard ................ club has no ambition.
Seems like whatever is done, some will twist it to a negative.

Why can't we just look forward to a new season with a team that looks potentially better and more workmanlike than most previous seasons............. and if we get out of this division then I'll start to think about whether they are good enough for the next season.

steve82

Which ironically is opposite to the position we have been in where every off-season results in a new XI being bought in and then the summer is spent on teamwork rather than tactics!

It's good to see that long-term planning is actually being used. If anything, year 2 of the plan should be the better year as each player will be more experienced within the system MR is creating! It also gives MR/CCFC a better negotiating position come January or next Summer, knowing that if we do better than predicted by the wider football community, it will be harder for L1/Champ/Prem clubs to pull players away from the club.

I can't see this 2 year contract plan than anything but a positive.

That's when I tip us to achieve promotion the second year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

No problem !

Sisu will just cancel contracts by mutual consent !

Users who are viewing this thread