what if? (1 Viewer)

kevinleftpeg

Although my post is hypothetical I wonder what if CCFC had actually been more attack minded in the 'Blackpool' model, earlier in the season?

It has become apparent that all was not well with Hoofroyd at the helm. Negativity reigned supreme!! Lots of snippets about this & that............

Now with a positive mental attitude & belief, we actually look like a Team who can score & compete with anyone in this League. Do not get me wrong, I think we a couple of sandwiches away from the full picnic. We nearly look like a top 8-10 Team now. This is based on the fact that most Teams in the Championship are really poor.

Mr Thorn should be commended for his approach & the way he appears to have galvanised a miserable bunch of no hopers into a competative Team.

I therefore suggest CCFC appoint him now with a remit to continue as is. Attack with more width & for lordy's sake put the opposition on the back foot. They don't like it up em!

Is there now an argument to say that Hoofroyd had it desperately wrong? The same bunch now performing more freely? Not so much to do with lack of investment, although in fairness this did not help Hoofroyed as the 10 big ugly defenders he wanted to buy, we just could not afford. :thinking about:

A more relaxed Leftpeg :eek:

rob9872

I think there are two ways to get out of this league in the right direction. You either muscle your way out in the way that Colin did with Sheffield United or you score your way out ala Sunderland. Most of the other promoted teams over the years to a lesser extent seem to fall into one of these two models.

I think our problem was that we tried the muscle approach without really having the quality or resource of player available and were stuck between one thing and the other. This balancing act has been our problem for years. We all knew Hoofroyds tactics but when it was 1-0 won we didnt mind the poor performance, but when the wins dried up, the lack of quality was further exposed.

I think if you are going to use muscle, then you need to be single minded enough to follow it through but you still need that bit of quality to progress. When AB took Watford up not only did he have a fit, firing Marlon King that we're only just seeing now, but he had pace on the wing and that extra bit of quality in Ashley Young providing.

Macca

still think the situation is different in terms of pressure now. The team are indeed playing freely knowing that realistically nobody below us has or will put us under pressure. You would struggle to find 3 more hopeless teams than Sheffield, Palace & Preston.

I would give Thorn a 12 month contract. I like that he isn't a big name manager and he says the right things.

I would reserve judgement as to his abilities until he has managed us over a real competetive period when the team are under the sort of pressure that made them capitulate over the winter. Thorn in fairness is in a lovely position at the moment, it won't always be so.

Users who are viewing this thread