What is the point? (1 Viewer)

So we're leaving The Ricoh, a perfectly good modern day football arena, to ground share for 5 years and have a smaller, shitter stadium that will bankrupt the club? WHAT IS TH F**KING POINT? We left Highfield Road, IMO one of the most amazing stadiums ever built, to come to The Ricoh, so the demolition of that amazing, historic stadium has been for nothing because of the greed and stupidity of SISU. We will have to groundshare at, what is very likely going to be, a shitty, 10,000 seater stadium nowhere near Coventry, then we will have to fork out 10s of millions of pounds that we dont even have, to built a pointless stadium in the middle of nowhere (likely) that we dont even need. We will have to pay ACL eventually, because like it or not, we signed that agreement for the arena, which means that we owe them that money BY LAW and we will eventually have to pay it, so we may as well pay the amount we owe, stay in our city, keep the club wheres its fans are and not bankrupt the f**king club like this stupid move will. Are SISU so stupid that they cant see that this is a no-win situation? Taking the club away form its fans, bankrupting it with a needless new ground which will likely be shit anyway, groundsharing at a small crap ground nowhere near Cov, not a smart move. If ANYONE can see even 1 advantage of this so called 'plan', do tell me, cus right now this has to be the most idiotic thing SISU have ever done, and that is saying something

japandy

I think you will find it's gamesmanship. SISU want shot of us and are desperate for people to buy us. They are scaremongering people into buying us. SISU have absolutely no intension of building a stadium. I will be sending Fisher a 'get well' card for when he enters Rampton.

cmoncity

Absoloutley shocking.mr fischer needs to leave the club.the blokes lost all credibilty that he had left in my eyes.we are the laughing stock of all leagues at the minute.highly embarressing.our once great club is dying infront of our eyes.surely sisu must go.jokers.its a sad day when i dont even want to read about the city in the papers.one truly and well racked off fan that has had enough of this ridiculous merry go round!

I think you will find it's gamesmanship. SISU want shot of us and are desperate for people to buy us. They are scaremongering people into buying us. SISU have absolutely no intension of building a stadium. I will be sending Fisher a 'get well' card for when he enters Rampton.

If thats the case, then why are they holding forums with fans telling them about their future plans? It doesnt make sense. I dont see how there are any good points in this for anyone, not even the builders, they probs wont get paid

Absoloutley shocking.mr fischer needs to leave the club.the blokes lost all credibilty that he had left in my eyes.we are the laughing stock of all leagues at the minute.highly embarressing.our once great club is dying infront of our eyes.surely sisu must go.jokers.its a sad day when i dont even want to read about the city in the papers.one truly and well racked off fan that has had enough of this ridiculous merry go round!

I wouldnt even call him 'Mr.Fisher', from now on i will refer to him as 'The Rat'

Genuine question:
If SISU were Leicester fans, would the club have been run any differently?

Genuine question:
If SISU were Leicester fans, would the club have been run any differently?

I dont think even Leicester fans would fuck us over that much, cus even Leicester fans dont wanna see other clubs in our situation, and i know that cus my mum and brother are Leicester fans and so are 2 of my mates, and they think its horrible whats happening to us

Covstu

If thats the case, then why are they holding forums with fans telling them about their future plans? It doesnt make sense. I dont see how there are any good points in this for anyone, not even the builders, they probs wont get paid

any good politician knows that you need to try and keep people on side even if it is not entirely the truth... I think the question would be if the council would block any construction of a stadium. Personally this wont happen in Coventry, they would have to look elsewhere therefore we wouldn't have a club in Coventry.

any good politician knows that you need to try and keep people on side even if it is not entirely the truth... I think the question would be if the council would block any construction of a stadium. Personally this wont happen in Coventry, they would have to look elsewhere therefore we wouldn't have a club in Coventry.

The council will try and block any move from SISU, plus the Football League have already said they wont allow SISU to take us outta Cov. But they do say a rat is most dangerous when its cornered

Covstu

if the Dons could move out of London then it shows it is possible. SISU will find a way if they really want to but I am not sure if they really mean to construct a new ground. Having said that, how many thought SISU would have sorted a deal out with ACL......look how that ended!

I dont see why SISU dont just cough up and give ACL what they are legally owed. Its the easy and financially sound option. If we leave cov and build a new stadium, we will pay 1o's of millions of pounds to build it, but they would also lose about 80% of the fan base, a lot of cov fans, inckuding me, wont be able to attend games outside cov, so they're just signing CCFC's death warrent

sotv1987

They are holding forums in order to make this whole fucking brinkmanship situation more believable to the enemy( acl/council) it is complete bollocks IMO, wish they would just fuck off, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with their threats, only problem is that Preston may get pissedf off with it all and back off with his bid, lets hope not!!!

They are holding forums in order to make this whole fucking brinkmanship situation more believable to the enemy( acl/council) it is complete bollocks IMO, wish they would just fuck off, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with their threats, only problem is that Preston may get pissedf off with it all and back off with his bid, lets hope not!!!

That's the aim I think. They're trying to make themselves "the only game in town" again.

The FL have a responsibility to step in now and protect one if its member clubs.

DaleM

It wont happen . We owe 600k to ACL which isn't even a 100th of the debt that has miraculously appeared. Fisher is spinning it all to make out it's CCC /ACL destroying the club. The bloke is seriously deluded if he thinks the fans will believe any more shit from him. My only worry is that fans who don't access forums like this and other internet based reports into SISU's dealings only know half the story . I personally have had a few chats with people who have been spouting the official line from him.

Spread the word people , let other fans know the true story of what is happening to CCFC . The old saying goes " If you tell the lie often enough people will come to believe it ." You only have to look at politicians to know how it works.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Fisher goes on about fans consultation ......... yet the decision has been made if you believe his statement. There is no consultation just PR to dress up their decision. More spin ..... when will we be free of him and his associates !!!

we have no say in it other than to not go to this ground share or new stadium............ just go SISU you have ripped the heart out of our Club

Users who are viewing this thread