What is your number 1 City goal (excluding Houchens) (1 Viewer)

Dennis Mortimer against Man City (1974/75) I think. He played 3 or 4 1-2's down the middle and the Man City defence opened up like the Red Sea for Mortimer to score a brilliant goal. I was sat in the West Stand for only the first or second time and to see the Man City defence open up in the way the City attack forced them to was truly breath-taking. Happy Days :)

Didn't you see steve sherwood score for watford at HR 1984ish
Saw both Oggy's at Hillsborough and Sherwood's. However my wife was stood next to me at Hillsborough and was busy talking and looking around the ground when Oggy scored then said 'What happened?!!!!!' Also worth a mention is Ian Wallace's overhead kick in the 5-4 win against Norwich (Dec 77). Ray Gooding also scored a great volley in the same game.

deanocity3

Saw both Oggy's at Hillsborough and Sherwood's. However my wife was stood next to me at Hillsborough and was busy talking and looking around the ground when Oggy scored then said 'What happened?!!!!!' Also worth a mention is Ian Wallace's overhead kick in the 5-4 win against Norwich (Dec 77). Ray Gooding also scored a great volley in the same game.
The Norwich match we only played 2 defenders in Mcdonald and Roberts,Beck was right back and yorath centre half
http://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-norwich-city-27-december-1977-84171/

skybluefred

Coventry City v blackburn

Early 1950's Alf Wood rolled the ball out to Norman Lockhart in his own penalty area, Norman set off
down the left wing and left SIX Blackburn players in his wake before crashing an unstoppable shot into the far corner of the net. City went on to win 6-1.

mindgames

I saw Gary Gillespie score an absolute piledriver from 30 yards on New Years Day 1980 against Middlesbrough. Nearly broke the back of the net!

Users who are viewing this thread