What the fuck has happened to England (2 Viewers)

David O'Day

I’d always assumed Slippy or Lampard would take the role after a few years.

Are they good managers? I suppose Slippy may win something if every other team appointed Neil Francis Lennon as manager

Brighton Sky Blue

Are they good managers? I suppose Slippy may win something if every other team appointed Neil Francis Lennon as manager

Well they’ll have gained better club experience than Southgate that’s for sure. Slippy will have his eyes on the Liverpool job of course but Lampard has already been binned off from his dream job

Sky Blue Harry H

watch the games abck and tell me we played well in any of the games, only game we played well in was the italy game but the lack of ideas from big nose cost us

Talking of big nose - the Hungary No 5 would give Pinnochio a run for his money.

Brighton Sky Blue

Are we led to believe this garbage Hungary team who we dicked on in front of a full racist house have suddenly become unbreakable?

FulltimeWum

No, I think anyone that praises Southgate or England after that tournament or the previous world cup needs to take their tinted glasses off.

So much talent wasted.

Italy seized games, Croatia the tournament before killed games with gamesmanship.

England kick the balls to corners for Sterling to chase and then wait for imaginary knock downs to Kane.

Insipid.

NorthernWisdom

Anyway, I didn't want Southgate when he was appointed - his record with Middlesbrough was terrible. But, ultimately, he's outperformed just about every England manager before him. That, much like Robins with City, gives him a certain leeway in suggesting he does know what he's doing. Would I set up as he does? Nope. But then playing like Keegan had us playing didn't really work.

Otis

The players couldn't give a fuck and to be fair I don't really blame them, long season next season with that silly world cup in the middle of it yet they've had their holiday cut to play in this pointless competition.
That is part of it I'm sure.

FulltimeWum

Anyway, I didn't want Southgate when he was appointed - his record with Middlesbrough was terrible. But, ultimately, he's outperformed just about every England manager before him. That, much like Robins with City, gives him a certain leeway in suggesting he does know what he's doing. Would I set up as he does? Nope. But then playing like Keegan had us playing didn't really work.
Achieved nothing. Collapsed under pressure every time.

Brighton Sky Blue

The players couldn't give a fuck and to be fair I don't really blame them, long season next season with that silly world cup in the middle of it yet they've had their holiday cut to play in this pointless competition.

Well then they should tell everyone that so nobody pays for a ticket

David O'Day

Well they’ll have gained better club experience than Southgate that’s for sure. Slippy will have his eyes on the Liverpool job of course but Lampard has already been binned off from his dream job

But they like Southgate haven't shown anything to say they are international class mamagers

Otis

Anyway, Gallagher has been poor, as have Walker and Bowen. Bowen is getting into good positions, but is either than dispossessed, or puts in a poor cross.

Bellingham has been decent, as have James and Saka.

Kane looks sluggish again unfortunately

Brighton Sky Blue

Sounds like Spain before they finally started winning stuff.

It's a fine line and we do have the quality.

Not at the back we don’t, and he sets us up to nick a 1-0 against everyone. We aren’t Italy of the 80s and 90s

Otis

Southgate should have picked a totally second string squad with players given a chance to state their case, instead he's gone with the same old same old
Isn't it 9 changes? And Bellingham, Gallagher, Ramsdale and Guehi aren't same old same old are they?

FulltimeWum

Sounds like Spain before they finally started winning stuff.

It's a fine line and we do have the quality.
Behave. There's a difference between possession football in the opposition's half and threatening areas and playing a back 6 and knocking it about for an hour.

Otis

Behave. There's a difference between possession football in the opposition's half and threatening areas and playing a back 6 and knocking it about for an hour.
Showed lots of promise, collapsed under pressure.

Very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread