What to say to non-CCFC football fans... (1 Viewer)

win9nut

Things to say to non-CCFC fans when they ask what is going on at the club.

I've been trying to get it right for months, every time someone asks me what is happening, I open my mouth to speak and I can see their eyes glaze over... Bored already! I'm not even at the bit where we run out of money while renting Highfield Road and trying to fund the build at Foleshill!

So here's what I say now:
"We couldn't afford the Ricoh, so we sold it to the council, then last year the owners decided the rent was too high so instead of entering into a rent review, (people will stop looking interested at this point) they stopped paying it, hence we're in admin and playing in Northampton."

Can anyone help me get this shorter?

I live and work in Milton Keynes, so the next remark which invariably pisses me off - "But its closer for you so you gotta be happy about it right?"

My reply is usually "errr no - I don't agree with the way the owners have treated the fans, and if I received that level of service in a restaurant I wouldn't go back so why should I at Cov? I'll wait till we're under new management"

"Oh right... Now about that Man U match I went to three seasons ago..."

ESB

It's a really hard one, do you go into the detail or give them the answer they want to hear.

Its the other fans who think its a good bit of banter i struggle most with. For one of the few times i can remember I've had a sense of humour failure and made it clear its not somewhere they want to go.

As has been said, everyone assumes we're bust and cannot pay the rent.

So I've taken to the position that we no longer have a team, while we play o/s of Coventry. Saves me a lot of angst.

Its difficult though with the hords on United, Chelsea etal fans, they don't do the loyal to place of birth thing.

Users who are viewing this thread