What was the last CCFC news statement that made you go YEEEAH! (1 Viewer)

covross

I think mine is when Boothroyd resigned Carsley and McSheffrey with both stating they had 'unfinished business' and when Marlon King told Thorn 'you've got me for another year'

wingy

I think mine is when Boothroyd resigned Carsley and McSheffrey with both stating they had 'unfinished business' and when Marlon King told Thorn 'you've got me for another year'

You mean one that came true?Richardson "A season down below might be fun" Yeah Right!!!!:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::(

ccfcway

the 30th June extention to give fans plenty of time after the embargo was lifted to make an informed decision about next years chances

cloughie

sisu give the club back to the fans with a 5million gift...................oh sh.t It was just a dream

CovisGod

Signing of Keane, top scorer in the division below when we could afford to spend 5+ million on a player......ahhh those were the days

PUSB

SkyBlueM

Trouble was we couldn't afford to spend that on players - desperate cost cutting started the following season and was the start of the long decline.

ashbyjan

Ashamed to say it was the day it was announced we'd signed Eastwood - I honestly thought he would bring something special to the club. Just proves how wrong you can be. Mind you I did also cheer when I heard that we'd been rescued by some outfit called SISU.................

Crawls away with head hung in shame.........

CovisGod

@SkyBlueM

That's sort of what I mean, the Keane signing was the very last thing the wowed me before the decline, at the time we were a team on the up, spending a bit of money and (I think I'm right in saying) at that point the fans didn't know about the financial troubles ahead

Ccfcsj

Mind you I did also cheer when I heard that we'd been rescued by some outfit called SISU.................

Crawls away with head hung in shame.........

I don't think you were alone in that. It seemed at the time like a weight had been lifted. Problem is it was only so they could replace it with something heavier.

Users who are viewing this thread