What was the reason behind the fight? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, football fans like to dish it out but are the first to complain whenever anyone dares say anything back.

At the final game at HR I witnessed a fan throwing punches at a steward after the steward attempted to stop him going on the pitch.

The steward was a middle aged women.

Also saw a bloke threaten a woman steward when the SISU out flag was about at the Ricoh. I bet he would have squealed if a bloke steward had told him to fuck off or something.

Don't get me wrong, some police, stewards and bouncers are tools as well.

chiefdave

The only time I've ever had hassle off stewards or police at the football it has been my fault.

Same here. I've only ever had hassle once and that was a Cambridge United Friday night match that was on Sky. Was incredibly pissed and thought whoever it was they were playing had scored a blatantly offside goal. We were following the linesman up and down the touchline giving him all sorts of stick. To be fair by hassle we got told to stop or we'd be kicked out so we stopped.

Of course got home and watched it on Sky, clearly onside :facepalm:

Same things at gigs, always hearing people moaning about security but I've never had any problems there either.

jimmyhillsfanclub

That's called taking responsibility for your own actions - well done that boy...becoming man perhaps?!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

In these days of modern sit down football I definitely agree with you......however, when I was a yoot, I & many others had grief off the police....especially South Yorks finest & the charming London Met......for no other reason than being an away fan....

covmark

In these days of modern sit down football I definitely agree with you......however, when I was a yoot, I & many others had grief off the police....especially South Yorks finest & the charming London Met......for no other reason than being an away fan....

Absolutely, the police are far less heavy handed nowadays, unless you're acting a complete tool. Whereas back in the day you only had to fart in their direction to get a hiding with a baton.

fernandopartridge

Absolutely, the police are far less heavy handed nowadays, unless you're acting a complete tool. Whereas back in the day you only had to fart in their direction to get a hiding with a baton.

Yes, but their powers are so great now that they don't need to batter you. They're allowed to kettle you, ban you from entering geographical areas, search you for no reason etc etc. They use their power in different ways nowadays.

rupert_bear

Fans can't seem to understand nowadays we are camerad to death and a mere blip can get you banned from football matches, stewards know this and will be verbally offensive to antagonise, not all by any means but certainly some, also remember when at away games most stewards probably support the opposing team and don't like getting a goal put past them

Evo1883

Hmmm couldnt care less if you were or were'nt. Just looked embarrassing.
Hilarious, the guy actually plays for the supporters club , im not sure how many times i have to tell people what happened but being as you all know i may aswel not bother , again people seem unable to grasp the fact that not all football fans start incidents , you only have to follow england to know that

Joy Division

It really wasn't hillarious. Like I say, looked embarrassing.

The Lurker

Hilarious, the guy actually plays for the supporters club , im not sure how many times i have to tell people what happened but being as you all know i may aswel not bother , again people seem unable to grasp the fact that not all football fans start incidents , you only have to follow england to know that

And a very good lad. Follows city everywhere. Why do the keyboard warriors give it large on here but won't say anything to anyone's faces at the time?

LB87ccfc

Still unsure as to why the city fan was a dick .. becauze as i have told you , the steward was the instigator ..yet you seem adamant to put some blame on the fan , im telling you , its a natural reaction to being threatened and abused ..steward was in the wrong and Bury have been informed

Seen this happen over the years countless times away, certain clubs stewards are OTT and an embarrassment.

If you say what happened is the facts - no need to not believe you as you seem a certain witness, then the steward is bang out of line and has no right to use threatening and abusive behavior to instigate a potential riot.

As for example the lad takes exception to the taunts, hits the steward and they start fighting, what happens then... complete mayhem.

Mr pot

The only time I've ever had hassle off stewards or police
at the football it has been my fault.

Police women after the millwall game at the train station threatened to take me down the station because I wasn't holding the blow up sex doll I took in an orderly manner.

I complied

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Racist? Because I have different views to you? In fact pot kettle black, your up there with the finest of keyboard warriors and everything anti British.

Ha! Hardly a keyboard warrior and why does having Irish parents and not believing in the monarchy make me anti-British?

Gobshites like you always keep your racist views under wraps when confronted anyway.

The Lurker

Ha! Hardly a keyboard warrior and why does having Irish parents and not believing in the monarchy make me anti-British?

Gobshites like you always keep your racist views under wraps when confronted anyway.

Very much so. You hate everything English. And gobshite? Typical keyboard warrior insults. Tell you what. I'll be in the tiger moth from 11 Saturday and wheatsheaf from half 1. Come and call me a racist to my face.

christonabike

Another fight.......
[video=youtube;oGOMMw9pqT4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGOMMw9pqT4[/video]

M&B Stand

Because they are filmed on mobile phones nowadays.

Nick

Administrator
Is Ronnie Pickering on here?

[video=youtube;r0dcv6GKNNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dcv6GKNNw[/video]

Samo

Who the fuck is Ronnie Pickering?

Samo

He's a big time Charlie.from Hull I think.
Radio presenter or such like.
All over twitter this week, road rage incident.

What a prick.

Users who are viewing this thread