What we can do (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

All the instability is frustrating and worrying in equal measure and I am concerned that unless CCFC come out of these talks with ownership of the stadium or the stadium owner buying all or at least a significant stake in the club we will have another decade without a place to call home. Which for a city of our size (and growing) is a stain on the reputation of those involved.

Thinking aloud the best way for fans to be heard is to make politicians aware of how significant this moment is to CCFC and the city as a whole, not that they should need reminding that sport is far more than just a business.

Here are some names and contact details that might be useful. If you decide to write an email, please make it polite as angry rants are normally ignored.

1. Martin Reeve Council CEO
[email protected]

2. George Duggins, political leader
[email protected]

3. Colleen Fletcher - Local MP
[email protected]

If it is helpful this is the sort of email I would write, feel free to copy/edit and make it your own.

Dear xxxx

I hope this email finds you well. As I am sure you are aware there is some very significant talks currently taking place in relation to the CBS arena. I am a proud local resident who have followed the football club for many years. After nearly a decade as footballing nomads, I am very concerned to read that Coventrys principal sporting team could once again find themselves without a permanent home. The CBS (Ricoh) was built for the football club and was supposed to be a springboard for the club to grow and flourish. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the current ownership, CCFC is a source of pride and enjoyment and is unquestionably an important community asset that has notable financial and reputational benefits to the local economy and City as a whole.

With more than immediate pounds and pence in mind, I would urge you to use your freeholder powers to ensure that any deal that is concluded is reflective of the need to ensure local residents interests and the secondary advantages of a thriving football club are factored into your decisions. I am aware relations with SISU have been less than cordial, however, as an example suggestion could you not place a covenant on the ground to satisfy yourselves of the legitimacy of their motives?

As a fan I will have to accept the outcome of this process, but please factor in how much this club means to generations of fans within the city and do all you reasonably can to ensure the club are not sidelined because of clashes of personality or short sighted thinking.

Thank you for reading and I wish you well.

Kind regards,
Xxxx

Last edited:

shmmeee

What freeholder powers?

What do you want Colleen Fletcher to do? Demand at PMQs that Mike Ashley doesn’t buy a company?

ccfc1234

What freeholder powers?

What do you want Colleen Fletcher to do? Demand at PMQs that Mike Ashley doesn’t buy a company?
The Council have a part to play as freeholder. If you think writing to people elected to give a voice to the people is worthless, fine. However, what is your plan to try and get the fans considered in this corporate governance mess??

SkyBlueScottie

I applaud your efforts, but do believe it to be a waste of time. The interview with Duggins shows he / they the council do not care about the club. The club are a useful carrot to dangle to prospective purchasers as they are a ready made tenant, but that's as far as their thinking goes towards us. In the interview, he persists with rewriting history with regards to how / why the ground was built. Claims its not up to the council to be involved, in the current process and doesn't know who the favoured bidder is, then later claims that Reeves has been working behind the scenes with the preferred bid for the last couple of months.

Bugsy

Nice idea and wouldn't hurt but like what others have said it will fall on deaf ears and come out with some shit reply.

All I can do is what I do best and just support the team as we the fans and the whole squad from manager, coaches to the team are a million times better than the vermin that screws us over every time....PUSB

Flying Fokker

The powers that be don’t operate businesses democratically. i Guess that when we stop caring, we will have no club. But we are dealing with pig headed people coming at us from all directions. They have thick skin and don’t care about the fans.

shmmeee

The Council have a part to play as freeholder. If you think writing to people elected to give a voice to the people is worthless, fine. However, what is your plan to try and get the fans considered in this corporate governance mess??

There is no “plan”. It’s 2022 and fans have no say in the dealings of private businesses as we’ve been shown repeatedly. If you want to write to someone make it Ashley or Seppala they’re the only ones able to do anything.

slowpoke

Not a lot us mere fans can do other than sit back and watch fingers crossed even after ACL is sorted there’s nothing we can do, I just hope more influential ccfc fans than me are on the ball, certain they will be.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

giphy.gif

Legia Sky Blue

We are all in the dark at the moment. Until we are clearer what the actual situation is there doesn't seem much point in taking a stand. I guess we could always take a lead from Father Ted though :)

Father Ted.jpg

Nick

Administrator
If their dad was 2 inches in them and they were 2 inches in their mum. Which way would they move.

Might not pass the spam filter.

Philosorapter

Not a criticism of Gilbert by the way, but the internal war which is obviously raging within Coventry Labour at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread