What would it take to fill Sixfields? (1 Viewer)

BrisbaneBronco

The way the team are performing, gates of 7000 should not be a problem.
However, we all know why the gates are low, so what would it take to fill Sixfields.

Maybe, the Trust could ask the stay away fans, what would it take to go to Sixfields and then issue an ultimatum to SISU.

Would suggest that by end of January

SISU either negotiate a deal to purchase the Ricoh
SISU provide firm proof of land purchase with plans for a new stadium
SISU support SP with new signings to maintain a push for the play offs
SISU do not sell any of our key players in the January transfer window.

If SISU, were to deliver on this ultimatum, would there be any reasons not to fill Sixfields?.

Just asking!!!

cv3

A clear plan to return to Coventry with actions to back up the words would win my support back.

Flying Fokker

About 6 million tons of concrete.

SISU have had plenty of opportunities to progress on most of the issues mentioned. Why would any self respecting stay away fan change their mind?
Bring the club back to the city.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

I can't think of any situation in which I would want to go.

Mr T - Sukka!

The way the team are performing, gates of 7000 should not be a problem.
However, we all know why the gates are low, so what would it take to fill Sixfields.

Maybe, the Trust could ask the stay away fans, what would it take to go to Sixfields and then issue an ultimatum to SISU.

Would suggest that by end of January

SISU either negotiate a deal to purchase the Ricoh
SISU provide firm proof of land purchase with plans for a new stadium
SISU support SP with new signings to maintain a push for the play offs
SISU do not sell any of our key players in the January transfer window.

If SISU, were to deliver on this ultimatum, would there be any reasons not to fill Sixfields?.

Just asking!!!

Thing is mate i feel CCFC have stabbed me in the back by moving there. They have totally disregarded my veiws and that of 90% of its customer base.

They were told at the forumns the majority would not go.

They were shown by the march through Coventry what we all felt.

I have never once been tempted to go Sixfields and i never will out of principle. And i never will, even if they payed my ticket and provided free travel i would tell Tim to shove it!

If a club turns its back on its loyal supporters (10k) then relationships are 2 way things, the fans are now turning its back on Sixfields. Works both ways.

Mr T - Sukka!

Northampton at home to man utd in the cup?

This has been raised a few times but our defence is not good enough to get us to the 3rd round. We concede too many. So its never going to happen.

If we cannot get past Leyton Orient 2 times in the cup you expect us to be good enough to get to the 3rd round?

Last edited:

standupforcity

This has been raised a few times but our defence is not good enough to get us to the 3rd round. We concede too many. So its never going to happen.

If we cannot get past Leyton Orient 2 times in the cup you expect us to be good enough to get to the 3rd round?

Don't think he means City v Man U....!!!?

italiahorse

If they announced they will be moving back to the Ricoh after Xmas I may go.
I would buy a season ticket and 2 shirts immediately for the Ricoh.

Still have an issue with SISU where I will never forgive them, perhaps getting rid of Fisher would help me change my mind.
Still have nightmares of TF looking down on me saying "build it and they will come" or "you'll be back after 3 games"

Hugh Jarse

an absolute miracle!

Or Joy Sappela covered in baby oil doing a pole dance round Brian Kilkline at half time, nah, maybe not.

Tank Top

we all know why the gates are low, so what would it take to fill Sixfields.
"And here's me, thinking we're trying to empty it"

:blue:

jesus-wept

Draw Northampton Town at "home" in the FA Cup.

skybluelee

What SISU have done is completely unforgivable. There is no way on earth I will set foot inside that Stadium.

shy_tall_knight

Its about pride for me, I hate the thought that Tim Fisher and his Mayfair based mob sitting around a table in their posh London office assuming that they could move us to Northampton and that 1,000s would follow because that's what working class football fans do.

AJB1983

Even if it was the last game of the season and promotion depended on it, I still wouldn't go.

I do think though if we draw say man utd at home in fa cup it would be interesting to see the crowd numbers.

Games like that will test the resolve of some

jesus-wept

Draw Northampton Town at "home" in the FA Cup.
On the contrary a long shot but if that came out of the bag we would sell the "home" allocation easily as a one off show of strength call it what you like. The FA Cup is different to the NOPM stance as home or away we, the club that is gets money.

skybluelee

On the contrary a long shot but if that came out of the bag we would sell the "home" allocation easily as a one off show of strength call it what you like. The FA Cup is different to the NOPM stance as home or away we, the club that is gets money.

Early round FAC matches always attract less fans than league games. I would be gobsmacked if a 'boycotter' suddenly decided to go to the game you mention.

It would make a stonger statement if we drew them away and filled the away end. That would show SISU that we refuse to recognise Northampton as our home ground but will continue to follow our club away from home until they move us back to Coventry. That statement would be more powerful than purely denying SISU of revenues imo.

rightumpty

What would it take to fill Sixfields ??

Northampton to reach the Premiership.

Thankfully never while Coventry City are there.

SIR ERNIE

Someone used the phrase 'SISU's SIXFIELDS SKYBLUES' yesterday and for me that beautifully describes the team that played against Sheffield Utd on Sunday. For me it wasn't Coventry City, they don't play home games any more, only away games and even though I live in Hampshire I have been to every away game except Carlisle and loved every minute.

I will never pay to watch SISU's SIXFIELDS SKYBLUES.

Warwickhunt

Ton of Sand and 14 bags of cement

skybluebeduff

It's great that the team are playing so well, but it's absolute shit that I can't enjoy it in Coventry...
It would take a miracle for me to go to Northampton, and I mean a biblical miracle!

mark82

If we draw 2 non league teams, yes.

And to twist that round, we have only been beaten in the cup by the best team (currently) in our league.

ajsccfc

I wouldn't go even if they announced a homecoming or that gold statue of me I've dreamed of. It's miles away which defeats the object of home games.

skybluebal

Nothing will get me to Sixfields - it's a matter of principle. Building trust takes years, losing trust takes seconds. Once that's lost, you will never get it back.

RoboCCFC90

I have been thinking about this a lot recently especially with a lot going on in my life, but with regards to the question I could see myself going to Sixfields IF there were concrete plans to move back to Coventry in the next 5 years, it is in my belief that this club will, however as we stand there has been no documented plans or model ideas, land hasn't even been purchased yet and with regards to the Ricoh we are no closer to negotiating a sensible deal for the Ricoh.

If SISU show the fans convincing plans to move back to Coventry within a few years, I will consider it.

skybluebal

SISU could move the club back to the Ricoh tomorrow if they wanted. It's sort of empty and available every Saturday ( and Tuesday and every other day!)

Users who are viewing this thread