What would it take to play football at Courtaulds Cricket ground? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

I don't mean to host 20,000, but to maybe get 10,000 in?

Is there anything left of the old stadium complex that we could re-open? Or would we have to open a temporary new stand?

Warwickhunt

Trying to Rob ACL's Car booters now are we?

covcity4life

i dont think the council would give them permission.

they dont want ccfc playing in coventry unless they are paid rent it seems.

Sbarcher

There's no way I'm drinking Pimm's whilst eating an effing cucumber sandwich........................

skybluetony176

would have to be a hell of a cricket ground. sisu will only settle for 60acre's minimum, tim said so.

Last edited:

wingy

would have to be a hell of a cricket ground. sisu will only settle for 60acre's minimum, tim said so.

SDG meeting tonight @ the Quadrant Club,don't even want to utilise a venue frequented by the Trust anymore ,(squirrel).

Maybe they think the Squirrels been bugged ,or have planted theirs and job done (paranoia overload),or are just going on the road like the trust did up Ball hill.

Has'nt that place been used as a Rave type place recently,who's gonna be the STAR DJ and who's pushing the EEEE's?

blueflint

you personally have a major problem with the council i have no idea why they didn't take us to northampton they didn't stop paying rent they didn't sell our best players.SISU did tho

Hobo

It's a wreck, vandalised. The small amount of terracing that was there is shot....nothing to salvage just start again. Another bit of heritage bit the dust some years ago.

skyblue1991

you personally have a major problem with the council i have no idea why they didn't take us to northampton they didn't stop paying rent they didn't sell our best players.SISU did tho

But they charged the club £1.3 million rent for 8 years then one random week offered the club 88% discount...

And you wonder why the club sold the best players?

Hobo

But they charged the club £1.3 million rent for 8 years then one random week offered the club 88% discount...

Nothing to do with SISU and Arvo fees? Or the fact they tried to increase their bartering position by allowing the clubs stature to diminish? How. Much they paying Northampton add on lost revenue?

martcov

I think selling players was more to do with losing 44 million than a few years @ 1,3 million instead of @ 400,00.

skybluetony176

I thought that was to pay the larger cost of interest payments to ARVO, or the larger cost of "management" fees to sisu?

Personally I'm more pissed that the club asked for the ridiculous rent in the first place and even more pissed that they chose not to accept the 88% discount and hold us for ransom in Northampton instead.

Still, whatever floats your boat.

bigfatronssba

They couldn't refuse planning permission for a legitimate planning application.

The idea that they could is just something put out there by sisu backed lackeys to try and put pressure on the Council.

chiefdave

They couldn't refuse planning permission for a legitimate planning application.
The idea that they could is just something put out there by sisu backed lackeys to try and put pressure on the Council.

Even if there was a chance they could the best route SISU could have taken would have been to identify a site in the city and force the council to make a decision. Of course a reason not too do that would be if you had no intention of building a stadium anywhere and needed to make out like people were making it difficult for you.

Tonylinc

Bluff? There is no bluff here; Shitzu will not be happy till such time as they have destroyed Higgs, brought the Council to it's knees and have gained the Ricoh for nothing. Those currently backing them will be very sorry.

Tonylinc

So you believe a new stadium will happen then.

In which case let's push CCC to find some land for them. The more leisure facilities in the city, the better as far as I'm concerned.
You clearly have not read my post. In that post I said that Shitzu were only interested in getting the Ricoh for nought. Nothing in that post suggested that a new stadium would be built but since you ask........It is sh't.....they have no intention whatsoever of ever building it and I think that you know that too.

Tonylinc

PS Why would it be up to CCC to find the land? You Shitzu loving guys always seem to put the onus on others!!!!

NorthernWisdom

You clearly have not read my post. In that post I said that Shitzu were only interested in getting the Ricoh for nought. Nothing in that post suggested that a new stadium would be built but since you ask........It is sh't.....they have no intention whatsoever of ever building it and I think that you know that too.

Ah, you must have been replying to someone other than me then. Apologies.

bigfatronssba

PS Why would it be up to CCC to find the land? You Shitzu loving guys always seem to put the onus on others!!!!

I think he means if CCC suggested a site within the city for Sisu, it would once again expose Sisus real plan when they refused the councils offer.

blueflint

as has been proven since the rent was payable the offer of reduced rent was excellent SISU turned it down.we owe more in interest to arvo than we ever paid in rent

skybluetony176

So you believe a new stadium will happen then.

In which case let's push CCC to find some land for them. The more leisure facilities in the city, the better as far as I'm concerned.

I can't imagine that CCC could really start looking for land on the request of us fans, there needs to be a request direct from SISU. Now, what would be a good idea would be for SISU to employ some sort of professional property consultants to do this work for them and contact all the local authorities. ....... oh wait a minute ;-)

Tonylinc

Can you shitzu lot ever get it through your thick sculls that they bought the club knowing the outgoings but made NO attempt whatsoever to renegotiate. They then suddenly decided that the rent was too high and chucked in the keys without any real attempt at a compromise. The whole episode was and is founded upon gaining the gem that is the Ricoh for next to nothing. I just hope that a judge somewhere sees the light and puts and end to this sorry tale!

Users who are viewing this thread