Whats the best thing about AB's time at CCFC ?? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

I'm going for him bringing through Nathan Cameron

Disorganised1

I'm struggling to find a high for this season.

singers_pore

Getting us up to third at Xmas. Then we had the transfer embargo and SISU started talking to Ken Dunothing just after Xmas. Not surprising really that the team capitulated so badly thereafter.

smileycov

Facebook User
Yea i suppose bringing youth through, attracting King and the run up to xmas.......struggling after that though!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Signing Marlon King and wearing that pretty blue and white scarf to games! :D

ashbyjan

Bringing Turner on when many had written the lad off as a donkey, emergence and willingness to risk Cameron and the signing of King and Juke. King simply the best footballer we have had since Keane and Wise and its been a great to watch him and Juke is on for the future who will get better and better. Whilst I don't think he's the greatest manager ever neither is he the worst, hamstrung by the board and was never allowed to sign the pacy wide men desperately needed to make a success of his formation, unfortunately he didn't have a plan B.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Transforming Turner into a rock at CB and taking us to 4th in December and winning a few games at grounds we always lose at - Ashton Gate for example.

Nonleagueherewecome

Agree with most that beens said, regarding Turner and Cameron in particular. And that dizzying moment when we were 4th and had belief again, just for a short while. Shame it didn't last, but for a moment it was an enjoyable (if ugly ) mirage.

I don't think we'll ever know if it could have worked long-term as the Xmas window inactivity ( plus Doyle/Thomas saga ) buried him.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Keeping Thorn and Harrison on when he took over rather than bringing in his own team, as its paying off now with the football we're seeing :D:D

But I agree with most other posters re Cameron & Turner! Turner especially. Shows that maybe Dowie does know something that us fans dont about football, as he could see there was talent there, just didnt manage to get the best out of him, where as AB opbviously did.

Moff

Bringing BTurner on, and for once giving us some hope when we were in the play off places. I know that counts for bugger all now but at least for once we had a little hope.

Covstu

Bringing in King, we have had noone of that class for a long time. Also Sheffers was a good deal in my book.

Lloyd

okay, off the top of my head:

Seeing players potential: Ben Turner, Nathan Cameron, Connor Thomas, THE JUKEBOX!

Bringing the best players in awhile in:

THE JUKEBOX & Marlon King & Sheffers!

Getting us up in the playoffs and giving us hope, which unfortunately makes me sad that he didnt have the monetary backing he deserved. Especially at christmas.

Honesty with the fans,

not being to blame for our drop from the playoffs - 10 players injured / sold over his head in a time where you need to strengthen the squad.

Having the players interact a lot more with the fans, i cant remember the players talking to the media as much as this season? (interviews etc)

sky_blue_up_north

Going for second place in the league just before Christmas.. all went Pete Tong after that

Nonleagueherewecome

Moff, are you the real Moff? Or just someone who rings up CWR pretending to be Moff?!

SkyBlue_Am

Having the connections to bring in King and other good signings such as Luka
Having faith in bringing in youth into the first team example Cameron
Giving better honest interviews after the game unlike previous managers such as Coleman

Users who are viewing this thread