What's the point of kilometres ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yes, granted, we teach kids in school about mm and cm because very often goods are measured as such so I accept that . A piece of timber from your local DIY store is often 2.4m (roughly 8ft) etc etc. I use both as I do a lot of building work in which I need to convert between imperial and metric.
So someone please tell me why , increasingly, mainstream telly programmes talk in terms of distance in km instead of miles ?. (The Amazon snakes it's way for over blah blah km )
I only use km when I go to Europe. I understand why they do it on the Tour de France but beyond that it's pointless. Does anyone know what possible reason do the Irish Republic have them ? They should know better. Unforgiveable.

Sick Boy

Think there are something like 3 or 4 major countries in the world that use miles, your question should be what's the point of mlies. ;)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Think there are something like 3 or 4 major countries in the world that use miles, your question should be what's the point of mlies. ;)
Miles are simply miles better.

Liquid Gold

We should get rid of miles and use kilometres like the rest of the world it makes much more sense. Its like moving from 100 pence in a pound from 8 pennies a farthing and cholera.

Grendel

We should get rid of miles and use kilometres like the rest of the world it makes much more sense. Its like moving from 100 pence in a pound from 8 pennies a farthing and cholera.

Dickhead

CJ_covblaze

Miles should be used. They’re used in Britain so they’re clearly better. I also think there should be a single currency in Europe. It should be called the pound. As for what side you drive on we don’t drive on the left. We drive on the correct side.

richnrg

I do a bit of walking and used to like miles, but since I've got older I prefer kilometers. They're a little bit shorter so not as tiring.

Users who are viewing this thread