Where will England finish in the World Cup? (1 Viewer)

Where will England finish their World Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The World Cup is nearly here. Just 2 weeks until Sports Biggest Party begins. But we wanna know for this weeks Cooks Question, where do you think England will finish in the World Cup and why? Can we go on to win it? Or will it be penalty misery again? With the hard group we have, will we even progress to the QF? Voting closes on Thursday as the show takes place at 10AM on Hilllz FM (98.6) so tune in if you can. If you dont want your comment included then please do say so. Thanks again guys. C'MON ENGLAND!

Otis

I think quarter finals again.

I do think we have some good players (such as Rooney, Barclay, Sterling, Wilshere, Lallana), but will just not have the nous to get past that quarter final stage again.

As per usual I think the defence is our weakness above all else. We also lack a goalscorer besides Rooney and Sturridge. Could really do with an out and out goal poacher such as a Lineker, Shearer or Owen. Sturridge for me always wants to take that extra touch rather than shoot on sight or from striker instinct and half the time Rooney is too deep to be any consistent threat.

If it were me I would be playing the likes of Sterling and Barclay from the start. Hoping Wilshere will prove his fitness too cos he has that little bit extra to unlock defences.

Quarter finals for me and we'd surely take that wouldn't we? I just want them to give a good showing and not sit back, defend and fluke their way through. Would like to see us give it a bit of a go and play with a bit of flair and attacking intent.

stupot07

I don't think we'll get out of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I don't think we'll get out of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

1 draw and a win would do it you would have thought. Should be capable of that. Win against Costa Rica with a point coming from either Italy or Uruguay.

I think Uruguay will beat us tbf. Our best chance is to beat Italy and beat Costa Rica. If we draw against Italky, big win against CR and a 1-0 defeat against Uruguay should see us thru

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
End up 3rd place in group. No further.

1 U R Gay (Homer Simpson, not me! :whistle:)
2 Italy
3 England
4 Costa Rica

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You would say that though wouldn't you, you biased Irishman!

Have to admit it Otis, that I am a tad upset that the Boys in Green didn't make the finals, but I'd still like England to do well. I really like Hodgsons team selection (with the exception of Johnson), but I just think it will be yet another competition that will show the test of strength in the team.

Otis

Have to admit it Otis, that I am a tad upset that the Boys in Green didn't make the finals, but I'd still like England to do well. I really like Hodgsons team selection (with the exception of Johnson), but I just think it will be yet another competition that will show the test of strength in the team.

Or lack of it.

Otis

Can we also add the option 'All the new stadia will collapse before the tournament even starts and the whole thing will be called off, leaving England to come home with their pride still intact!'

Covstu

I think quarters also, we do have the blueprint for a decent side but heat will be an issue for us particularly against Uruguay. There is a small chance that we will all be surprised with how we play as there is so low expectations and the capability of individuals. I think it will be one that I can enjoy rather than being gutted if we do go crashing out.

turlykerd

I think quarter finals again.

I do think we have some good players (such as Rooney, Barclay, Sterling, Wilshere, Lallana), but will just not have the nous to get past that quarter final stage again.

As per usual I think the defence is our weakness above all else. We also lack a goalscorer besides Rooney and Sturridge. Could really do with an out and out goal poacher such as a Lineker, Shearer or Owen. Sturridge for me always wants to take that extra touch rather than shoot on sight or from striker instinct and half the time Rooney is too deep to be any consistent threat.

If it were me I would be playing the likes of Sterling and Barclay from the start. Hoping Wilshere will prove his fitness too cos he has that little bit extra to unlock defences.

Quarter finals for me and we'd surely take that wouldn't we? I just want them to give a good showing and not sit back, defend and fluke their way through. Would like to see us give it a bit of a go and play with a bit of flair and attacking intent.

Completely agree..... But I still have no desire to put anyone's name on the back of my shirt ... Maybe if we pull off some team performances and get the tactics right we might make up for the lack of genuine world class players <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< fingers crossed

Brighton Sky Blue

If we got through the group I'd fancy our chances of getting past anyone from Group C, however it's a big if. I expect Costa Rica to lose every game so don't think 4 points will do it-win any 2 and we will be OK.

Terry Gibson's perm

I haven't really looked until now but group c is garbage how have those 4 got in the same group yet other groups seems tough.

I think Germany have got an extremley tough group. Group G is defo the worst, but Group B is right up there. 2 f the toughest groups i've ever seen

Otis

Luck of the draw mate and we never bloody get it

Errr, I would say historically we have been quite lucky with draws to be honest. Don't usually get Italy or Brazil or Germany or Spain,or Holland in our group.

Put it another way, how often do we get a group of death?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Watching this game against Ecuador I hope none of our first 11 get injured.

This defence we've put out has been dire (including Milner; not even sure why he was called up let along currently playing RB!!), foster has been lucky not to have been embarrassed more (come close to it a couple of times).

That said, what a finish that was from Lambert! Shows you don't always have to try to walk it in. He has a rocket of a shot on him!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What on earth has the ref just seen there from Sterling? Valencia deserved a red, although in a friendly you can usually use your common sense and force the manager into a sub, but to sent them both off, especially Sterling is a bit extreme IMO.

Let's hope Woy doesn't do what a Thorn did with Bigi!

Otis

Watching this game against Ecuador I hope none of our first 11 get injured.

This defence we've put out has been dire (including Milner; not even sure why he was called up let along currently playing RB!!), foster has been lucky not to have been embarrassed more (come close to it a couple of times).

That said, what a finish that was from Lambert! Shows you don't always have to try to walk it in. He has a rocket of a shot on him!

I like a lot of the side tonight, but certainly not the back four, Shaw apart.

If it were me I would like to see England maybe field both Oxlande-Chamberlain and Sterling in the same team. The amount of damage those two could do with their pace and guile could make a big difference.

Would love to see Wilshere in the starting 11 too. Think match fitness is going to let him down though.

Oh and is it just me or does Lampard look rather spant tonight?

mark82

What on earth has the ref just seen there from Sterling? Valencia deserved a red, although in a friendly you can usually use your common sense and force the manager into a sub, but to sent them both off, especially Sterling is a bit extreme IMO.

Let's hope Woy doesn't do what a Thorn did with Bigi!

All I can think is he must have said something. Can't think of any other reason, certainly shouldn't have been for the tackle. Bizarre decision. Valencias was 100% a red for sure though.

Otis

All I can think is he must have said something. Can't think of any other reason, certainly shouldn't have been for the tackle. Bizarre decision. Valencias was 100% a red for sure though.

Maybe Sterling said something to Valencia about him being black?

Users who are viewing this thread