Which Album? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Rock or Bust by AC/DC their last album. My son got it me and its what you expect from them loud and rockin.
Still the best live rock band in my opinion.

eastwoodsdustman

Nevermind by Nirvana. Saw them at Reading in 1990 and they blew me away. I used to go into the 'rock music shop' in Nuneaton every day asking of they'd got it in. Shop was full of Axl Rose wannabe's who'd never heard of Nirvana at the time.

Otis

Rock or Bust by AC/DC their last album. My son got it me and its what you expect from them loud and rockin.
Hmm..........been a few.

Muse - Absolution

John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band

Brian Wilson - Smile (though nearly 40 years in the waiting)

Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen

Eels - Blinking Lights and other Revelations

Devo - Something for Everybody

Kraftwerk - Computer World

Human League - Dare

XTC - Apple Venus Volume 1

chiefdave

Bloody hope it is their last album. Cliff Williams has said he's jacking it in. Didn't try to hard to hide the fact that there's no band left.
So that just leaves Angus and whoever he ropes in. They should have called it a day after the last album. Maybe a brief farewell tour but once Brian Johnson was gone that should have been it. I could take Slade replacing Rudd and the situation with Malc but with Brian and now Cliff gone its time to pack it in.

bringbackrattles

Bloody hope it is their last album. Cliff Williams has said he's jacking it in. Didn't try to hard to hide the fact that there's no band left.
So that just leaves Angus and whoever he ropes in. They should have called it a day after the last album. Maybe a brief farewell tour but once Brian Johnson was gone that should have been it. I could take Slade replacing Rudd and the situation with Malc but with Brian and now Cliff gone its time to pack it in.
They're not the band they were and I guess I still see them as they once were with the original line up. Not sure what they're going to do to be honest,but they're such an iconic band with a huge fan base,I can see them rockin in some form for years to come.

skybluetony176

Nirvana, Unplugged in New York.

Best album ever IMO. Couldn't wait for it to come out and must have listened to it for a week solid when I picked my copy up.

mrtrench

It would have to be "17 Seconds" by the Cure - and it didn't let me down, if anything it was better than "Three Imaginary Boys". Or "Sleep No More" by the Comsat Angels, which IMO is not as good as "Waiting for a Miracle".

stupot07

Oasis - Morning Glory
Radiohead - OK Computer
Muse - Absolution
Brian Wilson - Smile

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

I also was looking forward to OK computer only to find it a bit of a let down.......not a patch the bends......

jimmyhillsfanclub

Nevermind by Nirvana. Saw them at Reading in 1990 and they blew me away. I used to go into the 'rock music shop' in Nuneaton every day asking of they'd got it in. Shop was full of Axl Rose wannabe's who'd never heard of Nirvana at the time.

That was one soggy festival......4 days off my tits wearing carrier bag socks....The Prodigy were awesome that weekend too.

I'd already seen Nirvana by pure fluke at Portsmouth Poly in 1989.....they were supporting Tad on the Sub-pop tour & attendance was so poor, they opened the Ents hall doors to free entry in the hope the bar takings covered the losses....

Otis

OK Computer? Really? I loved it.

I know a few felt the same though. I went to see them live just after OK Computer was released and a few fans were not happy and were booing the new songs.

I like it and think it is a classic though.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Back to the original question, mine would probably be Oasis Definitely Maybe.....

I was at the record shop in Hammersmith waiting for it to open, bought it, took it to my mates gaff, taped it, stuffed the tape in my rucksack & caught my first ever flight, anywhere, 2 hours later......a one-way ticket to Greece to start a 4 month backpacking drunken hitch-hike back through Europe....

Ahhh.....heady days indeed.

jimmyhillsfanclub

OK Computer? Really? I loved it.

I know a few felt the same though. I went to see them live just after OK Computer was released and a few fans were not happy and were booing the new songs.

I like it and think it is a classic though.

don't get me wrong Otis, its a very good record......its just that IMHO, The Bends is still the best they've ever done....

Monners

That was one soggy festival......4 days off my tits wearing carrier bag socks....The Prodigy were awesome that weekend too.

I'd already seen Nirvana by pure fluke at Portsmouth Poly in 1989.....they were supporting Tad on the Sub-pop tour & attendance was so poor, they opened the Ents hall doors to free entry in the hope the bar takings covered the losses....
My wife was at Pompey Poly in 89 - I went to a couple of gigs there with her a the time - missed this one though!

Monners

Joshua Tree - U2
the first Dio album (think it was the Last in Line - could be wrong though)
Remember Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell coming out too - played it the other night, still a great album
The Police - Synchronicity

jimmyhillsfanclub

My wife was at Pompey Poly in 89 - I went to a couple of gigs there with her a the time - missed this one though!

Pompey was a proper gig hot spot back in them days......the likes of Red Hot Chili peppers, Faith No more & the charlatans also all played that tiny little ents hall whilst I was there....only held about 300 cheek by jowl

Monners

Pompey was a proper gig hot spot back in them days......the likes of Red Hot Chili peppers, Faith No more & the charlatans also all played that tiny little ents hall whilst I was there....only held about 300 cheek by jowl
She was (and still is) a bit of an indie kid - Wedding Present (her fave), Stone Roses, Sundays, Pop WIll Eat Itself, My Bloody Valentine (loudest gig ever), Throwing Muses (I think), all spring to mind

Used to frequent Martines of a Thursday evening (Hammy the DJ - who is still going strong)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I was at most of them gigs...probably...

"the weddos" seemed part of the furniture back then....always playing.....pixies played down the road at the Guildhall too...bit of a weird venue I always thought

I saw the levellers at pompey guildhall.....that night was a pretty mental mash-up of sub & countercultures going on.....

NorthernWisdom

He's another one I missed out on. Was all set to see him for my Birthday one year, but a (now ex!) girlfriend 'accidentally' forgot to buy the tickets.

Considering our first date was UFO live (admittedly I don't think they were what she was expecting :D), she should have known better!

SkyblueBazza

Birmingham Odeon one UFO tour (saw about 4x) the lights broke so they performed with just the spots on them. Still a fantastic gig.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

xcraigx

Be Here Now by Oasis and OK Computer by Radiohead. The Oasis one was probably played a couple of times and forgotten about, OK Computer is a masterpiece but it took a while to get into it.

Covstu

Back in the day it was GnR - Use your illusion then moved to Britpop era so Oasis - Whats the story, Blur - Parklife, Pulp - different class. After that I never really 'waited' for an album to come out. Shame really.

Users who are viewing this thread