Who are the 6 unwanted in-contract players? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

Can't see it being Baker personally, I'd agree with Sheffers and Bell due to wages - though I'd give Bell 1 more shot if possible. Think Barton would suit Pressleys style of play and can't be on that much. Fleck might be one? I'd be shocked if McDonald's not another on his way. Dunn too. At a guess my 6 would be McDonald, McSheffrey, Dunn, Bell, Fleck and Malaga

Hobo

Anyone they can off load, it's about reduction for budgets not quality. Supply is greater than demand for players so they can always get someone in who is cheaper. But we all know continuity helps build teams. That was the problem last year, too many loan players coming and going, we hadn't forged a team.

mark82

Can't see it being Baker personally, I'd agree with Sheffers and Bell due to wages - though I'd give Bell 1 more shot if possible. Think Barton would suit Pressleys style of play and can't be on that much. Fleck might be one? I'd be shocked if McDonald's not another on his way. Dunn too. At a guess my 6 would be McDonald, McSheffrey, Dunn, Bell, Fleck and Malaga

Would be disappointed if we lost Fleck. Think it would be a mistake. We need to keep our younger players who have both ability and potential.

I would say Dunn, Malaga, McSheffrey, McDonald as certainties. Probably Bell due to wages and injuries, although would like him to stay. Maybe Jennings? Maybe one or two of the younger ex-academy lads he doesn't think are good enough. Could see Jordan Clarke going too if we keep hold of Christie.

RoboCCFC90

Sheffers, Bell, McDonald, Malaga, Edge and I would say Jennings as no6

torchomatic

Brilliant. "and one more" which equals six.

Will be

Mcsheffrey and bell (wages)

Barton, Malaga, McDonald

And one more

torchomatic

Actually, it was nice reading that article. I'd forgotten who our manager was.

Sterling Archer

I get the impression Pressley doesn't rate Edjenguele but after having his first season in English football under his belt and our lack of CB's, I'd keep him.

Bell is on stupid wages for his proneness to injury and lack of ability, I'd imagine with him on a stupidly long contract as well (thanks Orange Ken) that he'll be one of the 6. With the wage bill being halved, the resources could be used elsewhere.

We all saw McSheffrey's tweet so we have to presume he is one of them. Pressley has admitted himself that McDonald doesn't fit into the style of play he wants, so he's another I reckon.

Baker has to stay in my opinion, its obvious he actually cares, he improved with the captaincy and was rightfully our player of the season last season.

Delboycov

I have it on very good authority that the sixth is Edge. Seems odd to me, I have to say.

I think with him tweeting something along the lines of being "so shocked" just after the players had their meetings to be told if they were part of Pressley's plans, that makes sense.

covcity4life

1 mcsheffery
2 bell
3 malaga
4 ???? jennings perhap, maybe jordan clarke but we need full backs
5 mcdonald
6 dunn

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I wouldn't miss

* Sheff
* Malaga (although I thought he could do a job, 3 consecutive managers seem to disagree and I trust their judgement over mine
* Edge (although I think he's OK, he wouldn't cope outside League One and is prone to too many errors. Although I think it depends on who he plays alongside) - asking as we get a decent replacement
* Dunn (never going to be our number 1 and don't really rate him as back up so I'd let him go)
* Jordan Clarke (aslong as we keep hold of Christie, I'd let Clarke go. Both too similar and can't both play so for the good of his career, he needs to move on)
* Billy Daniels (is he under contract? Can't remember. If he is, I'd let him go. From what I seen of him last season I don't think he can cut it at the required level).
* McDonald - obviously unsuited to Pressleys style of play and out of favour. Best for all involved if he moves on)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I can't see Edjenguele leaving, even though he is only average at this level he is our only senior centre back. Martin gone back to Southampton and Wood and Cameron have both been released already,, if we get rid of Edjenguele that will leave us need to bring in a minimum of 3 centre halves.

Hincha

Macca training at the Memorial again.
Malaga unlikely to agree to go but needs to be pushed.
Edj too many errors, poor in the air easily bullied, but will they get anyone any better?
Dunn never challenged for the No 1 spot
Jennings a guess but SP wants a young fast team.
McDonald maybe as Gillingham will pay money for him.

Bell got a sneaking suspicion will be given one last chance. Looked class against Orient, but his injury record is so poor who knows.
Why am I writing this? I am not going unless we play at the Ricoh.

Pete in Portugal

My guess is that it will be:

Malaga
Sheff
Cody
Jordan Clarke (assuming Christie isn't sold)
Dunn
Jennings

Not my choice, but what I think Pressley will do. For this to happen SISU will of course need to pay off contracts of players without a club to move to.

covcity4life

i like jennigns but he needs to become more of a water carrier type player and lay the ball off to other midfiedlers simply and more importantly faster than he is doing

dont think he has a brilliant passing range and i wodner if fleck wants more of a pirlo type playmaker at back to get things going

i like edge but he needs to toughen up

if emabrgo dont get lifted we may need to continue with same team, we cant forget that until admin we were fighting for playoffs,they are not that bad

covcity4life

clarke should be kept unless we get repalcement i agree

but he is overated by deluded city fans and has shown nothing to suggest the hype is well founded. at least this season many fans started to realise this.

Users who are viewing this thread