Who did you get in the next round? (1 Viewer)

hackneyfox

Giant killers?

Anyway how are things down there?
Confident of promotion?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You are sooooooo funny! I can't stop laughing! :D

Kingokings204

Giant killers?

Confident of promotion?

Let's forget the first bit. Secondly promotion is down to keeping the key players like Armstrong fit. Johnson has just been ruled out for the season and already we are paying that price leaking goals left and right and centre.

Keeping Armstrong past Jan and getting Maddison back with keeping keys players fit and bringing in a centre back of real quality then yes a top 6 is a real possibility.

Injuries and suspensions will play a part but we have no other distractions or excuses really. League 1 is poor and no reason with a tad of luck we can't get a top 6. If Walsall are top and burton second then yes we can do it.

P.s if Armstrong does go then a suitable replacement of course. That's a possibility.

Them Vardy and Mahrez fellas are on fire aren't they. You lot remind me of Liverpool when they nearly won the league. Two in form players and you think you're bloody brilliant.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Giant killers?

Confident of promotion?

Out of all 3 cups already......but this time, we mean it.

We even lost the 2 "lesser" cup ties on pens just so we know what it feels like.... we are now fully prepared & able to empathise with our defeated opposition on the play-off final.

Meanwhile, on planet premiershit, Has Vardy been linked to the Russian doping scandal yet.....its the only logical explanation surely....

Joy Division

I'm confident of promotion yes, so long as key players stay fit and we retain them.

Congratulations on the most successful period of your clubs history btw, reckon you'll be there by the end of the season?

hackneyfox

Them Vardy and Mahrez fellas are on fire aren't they. You lot remind me of Liverpool when they nearly won the league. Two in form players and you think you're bloody brilliant.
Check out the number of passes by Drinwater, number of tackles/interceptions by Kante & the number of crosses from Albrighton.
It's down to more than 2 inform players.

I think getting rid of Pearson was the right thing to do. Timing was perfect. Whoever brought Vardy to the club is very astute too.

hackneyfox

I'm confident of promotion yes, so long as key players stay fit and we retain them.

Congratulations on the most successful period of your clubs history btw, reckon you'll be there by the end of the season?
Got laughed at before the Arsenal game when I said that we'd end up in the top 10.
Apparently we now only need to show the same form as Burnley did last season to end up with enough points to have been top 10 last season.
I'd be happy with 8th and feel slightly let down with 10th.
See how we're doing in January and perhaps bring in a few improvements, decent players may want to sign for us by then.

chiefdave

It'll be Southampton all over again won't it. Even if you finish above the likes of Liverpool they'll take the best players.

hackneyfox

I think getting rid of Pearson was the right thing to do. Timing was perfect. Whoever brought Vardy to the club is very astute too.
Couldn't believe that so many pundits thought Don Claudio would get us relegated.
Walsh is our chief scout who got Vardy for £1m & Mahrez for 400k.
Kante is going to be the surprise of the season though.

hackneyfox

It'll be Southampton all over again won't it. Even if you finish above the likes of Liverpool they'll take the best players.

We have richer owners who may be happy to match salary offers.
Vardy would be mad to leave and join a team who don't play our style of fast, pressing football.

Couldn't believe that so many pundits thought Don Claudio would get us relegated.

The thing is though Claudio inherited that team. When he needs to change it up next season it could all be different. The good thing is Top doesn't seem to be a big seller and looks like he's trying to build the club.

Lovely bloke by the way.

skybluesam66

Is that Steve Walsh - the worst ever performance in Sky blue

hackneyfox

Do you support clappers Hackney?
Always thought they were a bit naff but I've changed my mind now, they've made a huge difference to the atmosphere. Obviously expecting o win almost every game helps but there's now an atmosphere when we're 2 down.

Joy Division

The clappers are an embarrassment, as if you need a bit of folded up paper to improve atmosphere. It reeks of middle class premier league supporters.

hackneyfox

The clappers are an embarrassment, as if you need a bit of folded up paper to improve atmosphere. It reeks of middle class premier league supporters.

Yours has improved without the use of clappers has it?
Your comment reeks of envy, when was the last time pundits commented on how great your fans were?

I wasn't a fan but they have made a huge difference, the fact is most fans over 30 tend to sit there and say/do fuck all unless there's a goal or a refereeing blunder. Clappers mean everyone feel they can join us and many have now started singing as well.
Saturday's clappers when unfolded and held up made a fantastic poppy tifo.

Bugsy

Your comment reeks of envy, when was the last time pundits commented on how great your fans were?

I wasn't a fan but they have made a huge difference, the fact is most fans over 30 tend to sit there and say/do fuck all unless there's a goal or a refereeing blunder. Clappers mean everyone feel they can join us and many have now started singing as well.

To answer ur two questions,

Yes are atmosphere is much better this season, as we are all closer together

The Sky blue army always gets great feed back where Eva we shall be, Ian Holloway said how good the sba was wen we were on sky last against Burton... Neva diss the sky blue army were proper football fans....PUSB

David O'Day

Atmosphere at the Ricoh is fantastic at the moment, it has been commented on lots.

Tifo? Are you trying to be the Green Brigade now?

David O'Day

Also Hackers are the "clappers" an way of covering up the fat that your ground creeks in the wind?

hackneyfox

How do the clappers cover up the fact that our ground sways when we score?
Is this something that Structural Engineers should be told about?

Who are the Green Brigade?

Fans paid for the best 2 tifos themselves, another one due when we play Man U.

Joy Division

Yes, yes it has. Whats wrong with using your hands to bleedin clap? Envy is something you are clearly craving for here but unfortunately your so called 'atmosphere' is doing nothing for us in that respect.

Clappers? Stop it, just stop it now.

hackneyfox

Yes, yes it has. Whats wrong with using your hands to bleedin clap? Envy is something you are clearly craving for here but unfortunately your so called 'atmosphere' is doing nothing for us in that respect.

Clappers? Stop it, just stop it now.

I'd agree but we're back to the fact that people over 30, at most grounds, are very quiet, no chants, no clapping etc. The clappers have made a difference.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know its loose change in the premier league but just read that it will cost Leicester over 200k to provide clappers for a season, crazy really.

woody11462

Check out the number of passes by Drinwater, number of tackles/interceptions by Kante & the number of crosses from Albrighton.
It's down to more than 2 inform players.

Comes on here on the wind up and is snapping back within a couple of posts. Believe me, just like us under Mowbray, somewhere down the line your bubble will burst. Clubs like ours don't stay on that crest of a wave for long.

Users who are viewing this thread