Who do we want in the cup final ? (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

Giving some serious thought now we are that close - i think Man Utd would be the best match for us to take - We should be getting used to Wembley by now ie three more times - Europe would be interesting - discuss !

usskyblue

Giving some serious thought now we are that close - i think Man Utd would be the best match for us to take - We should be getting used to Wembley by now ie three more times - Europe would be interesting - discuss !

girl fail GIF

Flying Fokker

Bit early? I fancy us to beat Wolves of course…But no way am I dreaming of the team we play other than it could be 1/7

scottccfc

If we make the final do we qualify for Europe regardless of winning it. As who ever we play (apart from Leicester) will already of qualified

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Dreams Keep Calm GIF

JohnWH

Naturally, we'll comfortably beat Wolves.
Leicester has the easier path against Chelski.
Likely a Man Utd vs. Coventry final. Un Less we have to beat them first in the semis, just depends on the draw I suppose.

Covcraig@bury

Manure for me . The train from Manchester Piccadilly with all the northern SBA would be unreal. They just wouldn’t believe how many of us live up here . Plus they’re shite !!!

Mcbean

Manure or Leicester very happy bunny today - was just like the Notts county game the pleasure is ecstatic. ! What a day just got back

Warwickhunt

Leicester! So much more pleasure if we could beat them and go to the final

messiahrobins

Would be disappointing in the extreme. Completely one sided and I still don’t see them as a glamorous club
They arent. In my life time, historically they were a less successful club until they got billionaire owners which i do not think adds to a clubs stature. I mean Solihull Moors could win the Champions League in 10 years time if they have billions pumped into them for instance.
So, i see us as bigger than Man City historically, albeit i appreciate if you go back before i was born then they have won more than us even before they sold out as a club.
By contrast Liverpool and Manure are genuine globally recognised huge clubs dripping in history. They are glamour clubs albeit i despise both. Having Liverpool or Man Utd on our CV with Tottenham Hotspur (another glamour club with history) looks so much more impressive than Man City or Chelsea, neither of which for a lot of my life were as big or successful as us. Not sure if that makes sense hope you get my general point.

Macca

They arent. In my life time, historically they were a less successful club until they got billionaire owners which i do not think adds to a clubs stature. I mean Solihull Moors could win the Champions League in 10 years time if they have billions pumped into them for instance.
So, i see us as bigger than Man City historically, albeit i appreciate if you go back before i was born then they have won more than us even before they sold out as a club.
By contrast Liverpool and Manure are genuine globally recognised huge clubs dripping in history. They are glamour clubs albeit i despise both. Having Liverpool or Man Utd on our CV with Tottenham Hotspur (another glamour club with history) looks so much more impressive than Man City or Chelsea, neither of which for a lot of my life were as big or successful as us. Not sure if that makes sense hope you get my general point.

Same for me. Man City were a wank team we used to get a good few points from and in my 20’s ended up in league 1. Still have to pinch myself to see where they are now. Anybody but them please. I’d have second thoughts about going tbh. Not like we haven’t had the Wembley experience over last 7 years

San Francisco

Man City have always been a big successful club. Before they got bought out they'd already won 2 Division One titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 EFL Cups and a European Cup Winners Cup.
Our history doesn't even compare to theirs.

messiahrobins

Same for me. Man City were a wank team we used to get a good few points from and in my 20’s ended up in league 1. Still have to pinch myself to see where they are now. Anybody but them please. I’d have second thoughts about going tbh. Not like we haven’t had the Wembley experience over last 7 years
we are the real Sky Blues as well

messiahrobins

Man City have always been a big successful club. Before they got bought out they'd already won 2 Division One titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 EFL Cups and a European Cup Winners Cup.
Our history doesn't even compare to theirs.
You missed my point. All that was way before i was born so to me we were the bigger club traditionally in my lifetime.

ptr

Chelsea definitely the team we could hurt the most. But Palmer is on a different level.

Users who are viewing this thread