Who is good enough next season? (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Collins - Number 2 for me
Wilson - get rid to anyone
Moore - He will be gone
MVE - needs to sort his shit out
Burroughs - I think theres a player there
Thomas - in the air hes Maldini. On the floor he's sometimes Kevin Malaga
Kitching - good player
Latibeaudiere- jack of all trades. Master of none
Binks - cant see him staying
Bidwell - will be off and i dont see why
DaSilva - shite
Torp - good player
Sheaf - best player
Eccles - just never seems to push on does he? Fine as a squad player
Kelly - will be gone
Allen - will be gone
O'Hare - will be gone but id let him rot now the leagues over. Try get your prem move now ballbag
Palmer - one minute hes messi, the next hes just messy
Tats - fantastic player
EMC - Great rep lets see
Wright - i still think he will be a very good player for us and he's a lot better than Simms
Godden - Will be gone
Simms - utter dross, stealing a living
Tavares - will be gone

A lot of people are saying we can give it a 'proper go' next season. My response to that is can we? Really? Hence the above. We STILL need major surgery to give it a real go.

For me its crucial that Vik moves on this summer. £12 million could get us the striker, O'Hare replacement and LB we so sorely need

If he doesn't, well. I fail to see whos going to bring us any serious money in from a sale

Flying Fokker

Moore - He will be gone
Kitching - good player
DaSilva - shite
Torp - good player
Sheaf - best player
Kelly - will be gone
Allen - will be gone
O'Hare - will be gone but id let him rot now the leagues over. Try get your prem move now ballbag
Tats - fantastic player
EMC - Great rep lets see
Wright - i still think he will be a very good player for us and he's a lot better than Simms
Godden - Will be gone
Tavares - will be gone

A lot of people are saying we can give it a 'proper go' next season. My response to that is can we? Really? Hence the above. We STILL need major surgery to give it a real go.

For me its crucial that Vik moves on this summer. £12 million could get us the striker, O'Hare replacement and LB we so sorely need

If he doesn't, well. I fail to see whos going to bring us any serious money in from a sale
O’Hare does need to make way for those who will remain. It’s happening to Godden by default.

TomRad85

Don't agree with all your player assessments but cba to break it down. Agree with a lot of it though.

If Vik doesn't move I suspect Sheaf could be sold to fund the next recruitment drive, but I'd rather he stayed so hoping Vik is off.

Flying Fokker

Don't agree with all your player assessments but cba to break it down. Agree with a lot of it though.

If Vik doesn't move I suspect Sheaf could be sold to fund the next recruitment drive, but I'd rather he stayed so hoping Vik is off.
Vik moving?

TomRad85

Hes off to a premier league side by all accounts

United and Arsenal both willing to pay the 100 million release clause
You reckon Godden and Allen will leave? I think it's the right time for both tbh but they are probably on quite decent contracts and may find it difficult to get similar elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covmark

Can't disagree with much of that. I'd give Simms another go next season, he's still fairly young and has time to improve. The coaching staff need to work massively on his first touch, and his need to want to smash the fuck out of the ball when he is shooting. Real lack of composure sometimes.

Matt smith

I don’t get the fans who are like who cares when viktor keeps scoring

I care, as it could be the difference between getting what we need to mount a real challenge or not

I think we need 6 players or so of real quality, I don’t think there’s as much needed as you think

CB
LB
CM
CAM
RW
ST

then a goalie if we can but as an extra

Deity

Moore - He will be gone
Kitching - good player
DaSilva - shite
Torp - good player
Sheaf - best player
Kelly - will be gone
Allen - will be gone
Tats - fantastic player
EMC - Great rep lets see
Godden - Will be gone
Tavares - will be gone

I think this is a pretty good take to be honest.

I have more faith in MVE and Simms but generally the themes are clear …

We need a clear number 1 keeper
We haven’t solved the left back / left wing back problem
Another right sided central defender is needed
We need cover at CDM for Sheaf
Competition is needed on the flanks, EMC is a great start.
Torp is very good but he isn’t the COH replacement and neither is EMC I don’t think.
We need 2 more strikers to replace Godden and Tavares

Brighton Sky Blue

The comment on Latibeaudiere is bang on. I’d be stunned if Gyo didn’t move in the summer and that will help, but for me money needs spending at:

LB
CB
CM
LW/RW
AM
ST

Collins is genuinely a decent keeper at this level, we don’t need to spend even more money trying to upgrade. Dasilva is just not the answer at left back and not convinced he’s much better further up the pitch but with such a long contract we have to get him to work somewhere.

TomRad85

I don’t get the fans who are like who cares when viktor keeps scoring

I care, as it could be the difference between getting what we need to mount a real challenge or not

I think we need 6 players or so of real quality, I don’t think there’s as much needed as you think

CB
LB
CM
CAM
RW
ST

then a goalie if we can but as an extra
Completely agree mate and agree with your assessment of the positions we need. Assuming Doug hasn't pocketed the Hamer money and we can shift a bit of dead wood we could be looking at a pretty exciting window if Vik moves for big money.

Boicey

It’s a bit desperate that we already signed 2 strikers, a keeper, a left back and the conclusion is we need a striker, a keeper and a left back….

Ps. Who’s being dropped when EMC comes in?

TomRad85

The comment on Latibeaudiere is bang on. I’d be stunned if Gyo didn’t move in the summer and that will help, but for me money needs spending at:

LB
CB
CM
LW
AM
ST

Collins is genuinely a decent keeper at this level, we don’t need to spend even more money trying to upgrade. Dasilva is just not the answer at left back and not convinced he’s much better further up the pitch but with such a long contract we have to get him to work somewhere.
We've ballsed up with Dasilva. He'll just have to be the backup LB who rarely plays. I suspect Bidwell will leave and we'll try again.

Matt smith

I think this is a pretty good take to be honest.

I have more faith in MVE and Simms but generally the themes are clear …

We need a clear number 1 keeper
We haven’t solved the left back / left wing back problem
Another right sided central defender is needed
We need cover at CDM for Sheaf
Competition is needed on the flanks, EMC is a great start.
Torp is very good but he isn’t the COH replacement and neither is EMC I don’t think.
We need 2 more strikers to replace Godden and Tavares
I think some fans are being a bit unrealistic like we have to replace the Tavares of this worlds, and we have to get a right back with similar quality to Milan, or a definite number one keeper

imo we can get to the play offs with Collins in goal, with lats/burroughs as back up rwb

We NEED a number 9 who can put the ball in the onion bag, we need a number 10 and we need a RW

then important to get cb cm and a lb

I just think we don’t have to really replace every member of the squad, ones who don’t really play that much with a signing

Deity

It’s a bit desperate that we already signed 2 strikers, a keeper, a left back and the conclusion is we need a striker, a keeper and a left back….

Ps. Who’s being dropped when EMC comes in?
I don’t disagree but I don’t see us spending big on the striker but Godden and Tavares will need replacing ….

JDS was a free and brought in to play wing back which is no longer our preferred formation

Matt smith

I don’t disagree but I don’t see us spending big on the striker but Godden and Tavares will need replacing ….

JDS was a free and brought in to play wing back which is no longer our preferred formation
Tavares won’t need replacing, this is my point

We can’t do it all, prioritize

SkyBlue_Bear83

First team
Mve
Kitching
Sheaf
Torp
Sakamoto
EMC

Means we need a goalkeeper, left back, centre back, striker and attacking midfielder of sufficient quality to push for the play offs

Squad
Collins
Haji
Simms
Eccles
Bidwell/dasilva (get rid of one, presumably bidwell will be gone)
Latibaudiere
Thomas

Then need some cover at right back, central midfield and right wing as a minimum

Matt smith

First team
Mve
Kitching
Sheaf
Torp
Sakamoto
EMC

Means we need a goalkeeper, left back, centre back, striker and attacking midfielder of sufficient quality to push for the play offs

Squad
Collins
Haji
Simms
Eccles
Bidwell/dasilva (get rid of one, presumably bidwell will be gone)
Latibaudiere
Thomas

Then need some cover at right back, central midfield and right wing as a minimum
An interesting point is that you’ve put Simms and haji as squad players

hajis numbers are very good

this is a point I raised, we’ve spent loads on EMC but wright is best on the left and we need a number nine, wright is far better off the left

I said this to my old man last night, to for us to be crying out for a striker after spending x amount on haji and simms, is slightly concerning

Boicey

Unfortunately my gut feeling is we will look back on the Wright, Simms signings as the biggest mistake Robins made at the club. Wasting a large chunk of the windfall money we got, including associated wages.
The only hope is we can sell probably Wright on for half decent money.

Deity

I think it will be interesting to see what experience Robins brings in.

We have lost Fadz, and will probably lose Kelly, Allen, Godden …..

After both the last 2 championship matches Robins has referenced the opposition having more experience and match know how than us …

assuming he addresses that it will be interesting to see which positions he looks to fill with more experience

Matt smith

Unfortunately my gut feeling is we will look back on the Wright, Simms signings as the biggest mistake Robins made at the club. Wasting a large chunk of the windfall money we got, including associated wages.
The only hope is we can sell probably Wright on for half decent money.
Just a point to raise, would you say Conor Chaplin/ Jonathan Rowe have had good seasons?

Jamesimus

The players I would keep / will stay / will be here…

Collins
Bidwell
Kitchin
Lati (mainly for his versatility)
Thomas
MVE
Eccles
Sheaf
Torp
Wright
Palmer
Sakamoto
Ephron Clark

Cal will obviously be off. DaSilva seems unfit and has had his confidence knocked. Simms still appears to be very raw, I could be swayed for him to stay on another season because he is still very young.

I would be looking to bring in two good quality centre mids that can control games and help us to retain possession and also allow us to rotate in a demanding position without a significant drop in quality.

Also, two attacking mids, preferably with flexibility to play in a few positions across the front line.

Maybe look at bringing in a hard man central defender who is no older than 30 and again, competition for MVE and Bidwell.

Seems like a lot…

Matt smith

The players I would keep / will stay / will be here…

Collins
Bidwell
Kitchin
Lati (mainly for his versatility)
Thomas
MVE
Eccles
Sheaf
Torp
Wright
Palmer
Sakamoto
Ephron Clark

Cal will obviously be off. DaSilva seems unfit and has had his confidence knocked. Simms still appears to be very raw, I could be swayed for him to stay on another season because he is still very young.

I would be looking to bring in two good quality centre mids that can control games and help us to retain possession and also allow us to rotate in a demanding position without a significant drop in quality.

Also, two attacking mids, preferably with flexibility to play in a few positions across the front line.

Maybe look at bringing in a hard man central defender who is no older than 30 and again, competition for MVE and Bidwell.

Seems like a lot…
We need one midfielder and one ten, not two of each

Users who are viewing this thread